Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NAMA Explained

Options
  • 29-09-2009 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭

Once upon a time a man appeared in a village and announced to the villagers that he would buy monkeys for EUR10 each.
    The villagers, knowing there were many monkeys, went to the forest and started catching them. The man bought thousands at EUR10 and, as supply started to diminish, the villagers stopped their effort.
    He then announced that he would buy monkeys at EUR20 each. This renewed the villagers efforts and they started catching monkeys again. Soon the supply diminished and people started going back to their farms.
    The offer increased to EUR25 each and the supply of monkeys became so scarce it was an effort to even find a monkey, let alone catch it!
    The man now announced that he would buy monkeys at EUR50 each! However, since he had to go to the city on some business, his assistant would buy on his behalf. The assistant told the villagers, "Look at all these monkeys in the big cage that my boss has already collected. I will sell them to you at EUR35 and when my boss returns, you can sell them to him for EUR50."
    The villagers rounded up all their savings and bought all the monkeys for EUR54 billion..
    They never saw the man or his assistant again, only lots and lots of monkeys!

Now you have a better understanding of how NAMA works !!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,575 ✭✭✭patmac

NAMA explained ....again.
    It is the month of August, a resort town sits next to the shores of a lake. It is raining, and the little town looks totally deserted. It is tough times, everybody is in debt, and everybody lives on credit.
    Suddenly, a rich tourist comes to town. He enters the only hotel,lays a 100 Euro note on the reception counter, and goes to inspect the rooms upstairs in order to pick one.
    The hotel proprietor takes the 100 Euro note and runs to pay his debt to the butcher.
    The Butcher takes the 100 Euro note, and runs to pay his debt to the pig raiser.
    The pig raiser takes the 100 Euro note, and runs to pay his debt to the supplier of his feed and fuel.
    The supplier of feed and fuel takes the 100 Euro note and runs to pay
    his debt to the town's prostitute that in these hard times, gave her"services" on credit.
    The hooker runs to the hotel, and pays off her debt with the 100 Euro note to the hotel proprietor to pay for the rooms that she rented when she brought her clients there.
    The hotel proprietor then lays the 100 Euro note back on the counter so that the rich tourist will not suspect anything.
    At that moment, the rich tourist comes down after inspecting the rooms,and takes his 100 Euro note, after saying that he did not like any of
    the rooms, and leaves town.
    No one earned anything. However, the whole town is now without debt, and looks to the future with a lot of optimism .

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is how the Irish Government is doing business today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

Two guys see an ad in the paper for a goat for €100. For a laugh they buy it, and send the farmer the money.

A week later, as arranged, the farmer arrives. However he says "Bad news boys, the goat died last night." The boys asked for a refund but the farmer explains that he has already spent the €100.

The boys ask if they can have the dead goat. The farmer thinks it's weird but agrees.

Two weeks later the farmer meets the boys again. He asks them what they did with the goat. "O we raffled him off", they said.

The farmer is confused. The boys explain that they sold 500 raffle tickets at €2 each, making €1000, a profit of €900.

"But we the people not angry?", asks the framer. "O the guy who won the goat was", they reply, "but we refunded him his €2."

These guys now work for the government as NAMA consultants.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Nate--IRL--

Nama for Mister-Men from
    http://bocktherobber.com/2009/08/nama-for-mister-men

Hello Mr Bank! You look sad.

Hello Mr Nama! I feel very sad.

Why are you so sad, Mr Bank?

Because I did a swap, Mr Nama.

A swap! Oh, I like swaps!

I like swaps too, Mr Nama. I swapped 100 jellybeans for this box of broken Lego.

Ooh, that’s a lot of jellybeans, isn’t it, Mr Bank?

Yes, Mr Nama. It certainly is. I want my jellybeans back.

I have an idea, Mr Bank. Why don’t you swap again?

I tried that, Mr Nama, but nobody wants to swap 100 jellybeans for a box of broken Lego. All I can get is 30 jellybeans.

That’s not many jellybeans, is it Mr Bank?

It certainly isn’t, Mr Nama. I’ve lost 70 jellybeans and all I have is a box of broken Lego.

Never mind, Mr Bank. I have an idea.

What’s that, Mr Nama?

Well, I can’t give you 100 jellybeans for your box of broken Lego, but I can swap you 70 jellybeans.

Thanks very much Mr Nama. I didn’t know you had so many jellybeans.

I haven’t, Mr Bank. I’ll take them from Mr Gob****e when he’s not looking.

But Mr Nama, how will you give Mr Gob****e his jellybeans back?

I’ll tell him we can swap the broken Lego for 100 jellybeans next year.

Yuk yuk yuk, Mr Nama.

Yuk yuk yuk, Mr Bank. Game of golf?

Certainly, Mr Nama. Yuk yuk yuk

Nate

Advertisement