Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Memory or mother board issue?

Options
  • 29-09-2009 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭

When i was installing windows 7 an error message popped up at the end but went away, didnt think much of it and windows started alright bar the fact taht i could not install programs.

So i tried re-installing but got a bsod when it loaded the windows files.

I have 4gb Ram so, 4 1GB sticks. Took out 2 gb and tried again and it installed perfect. So i ran memtest86 for 5 hours and it passed, put teh same two sticks into the other slots and it passed.

Then took them out and replaced with the other 2 sticks of ram and tehy passed in both slots also.

Then put all 4 back into the board and memtest crashed before teh test even started.....do you think it is a memory issue or a motherboard issue?

Set up is
    Asus p5n e sli
    4GB Gail Ram
    E8400
    Crosair 500W PSU
    ATI 4870

Btw all parts were running on Windows Vista but got a few BSOD fore last few weeks hence i tried install windows 7.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Mobo. If all RAM is testing okay and all slots are testing okay then its one of those PITA issues some mobos have with having all four slots filled. Exercise your Google-Fu and see if there are other users of the exact same model mobo complaining about this issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭apeking

Ok, so i am running my old vista installation with only 2GB sticks of ram so i can backup all my old doc's and stuff and i got a BSOD as i transfered over the fiels to an external hd. USB_BUGCODE_ERROR.

Looking at buying a P5Q deluxe if the mobo is the issue, i assume it is a mobo issue, hope so

Advertisement