If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Request for price and availability of Plasma 50"

Options
  • 29-09-2009 7:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭

Hi folks

Looking to upgrade my nice TV I got from yourselves on a deal a while back (Philips 42PF9986 - giving that to my mother in law as a present along with the AT312 stand).

I know the Plasma's are not the in things these days and so on but they're still bloody lovely and have come down in price an awful lot.

I've had a look around other sites, and your own site, for options and deals. I would prefer to purchase from yourselves rather than anyone else so with that in mind, looking to ask what options, models and best price (inc Boards discount) for Plasma 50" TV's you have in stock please.

I will also need delivery included.

Lastly, I would prefer a Panasonic but willing to look at other options.

Cheers !

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

If it helps, I'm kind of keen on the Panasonic TXP50V10 model if you have that one in stock for a good price.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Nehaxak wrote: »
    If it helps, I'm kind of keen on the Panasonic TXP50V10 model if you have that one in stock for a good price.

Neh,

Yep I remember that 9986 and that was not a deal - it was theft :D:D.

At the moment we don't ship Panasonic to the ROI as we only stock the UK models (with the exception of the TH46PZ81 which we do ship!).

So at the moment I would recommend the Pioneer PDPLX5090 at £2099.95 (of course- it's the Daddy!) and we have just received a few of these from one of the final shipments - or at a different price level the excellent LG 50PQ6000 is really excellent at just £699.95 (the price really does not reflect just how good it is!) - alternatively if you are open minded and would try out an LCD the 47PFL9664 really is radical - the closest thing to the Pioneer you will ever see - we can do this at just €1999.99 less your 10% Philips Shop Boardies discount to net out at just €1799.99.

Thats it - I'm rambling again - keep me posted if we can assist in any way,

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Thanks John.

That Pioneer is outside of my budget so it's a no on that one :(

Tempted by the LG you quoted though.

What's the best price you can do on the LG (in Euro's) inc delivery ?

Actually, if you can put together that LG (w 5 yr warranty) and a decent home cinema package (must have lots of buttons/features - I'm a semi nerd!) for around 1,000 Euro inc delivery - I'd be well happy :D

At the moment we don't ship Panasonic to the ROI as we only stock the UK models (with the exception of the TH46PZ81 which we do ship!).

John, what's the difference really between the UK and ROI for TV ? If it's about the TV tuner on the Panasonics you sell being UK - I don't care as I have Sky HD and don't watch any of the terrestrials on analogue nor want them on digital either mate. If that's the only problem, can you forego that and sort me out with one of your Pana's maybe ? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭ASTRACLUB

So at the moment I would recommend the Pioneer PDPLX5090 at £2099.95 (of course- it's the Daddy!) and we have just received a few of these from one of the final shipments -

ATB,

John Mc

John
    I thought i was the only one waiting for 9050 :confused: glad that you have it now, anydeal going on (speakers, blue ray player) with it? Whats the boardie price on it (10% :pac::D)

curious to see the reply, highly impatient :-)

rgds
    AC

• Advertisement

alternatively if you are open minded and would try out an LCD the 47PFL9664 really is radical - the closest thing to the Pioneer you will ever see - we can do this at just €1999.99 less your 10% Philips Shop Boardies discount to net out at just €1799.99.

For the folks in Philips Dublin - do you have this model in stock at the moment ?

You can disregard this now folks, ended up buying a Samsung series 7 LED this afternoon instead from elsewhere.

Nehaxak wrote: »
    You can disregard this now folks, ended up buying a Samsung series 7 LED this afternoon instead from elsewhere.

Nehaxak,

Thanks for the post and apologies that it took us so long to get back to you -hope the Sammy goes well and if you ever do need to get hold of us in a hurry always give the office a call direct on 01.843.9231 or the shop a bell on 01.671.9666.

Thanks again and apologies,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

ASTRACLUB wrote: »
    John
    I thought i was the only one waiting for 9050 :confused: glad that you have it now, anydeal going on (speakers, blue ray player) with it? Whats the boardie price on it (10% :pac::D)

curious to see the reply, highly impatient :-)

rgds
    AC

AC,

I guess you mean the 5090?

We have it (finally) back in stock again and we are doing it at £1999.95 including the 5 year warranty.

Keep me posted and apologies for the delay,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

AC,

I guess you mean the 5090?

We have it (finally) back in stock again and we are doing it at £1999.95 including the 5 year warranty.

Keep me posted and apologies for the delay,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

Hi John
    Welcome back, yes i did mean 5090:) apology for typo, i could not hold myself typing.:o Just one more question if you dont mind answering ( think i deserve one more question since i am waiting for your stock almost a month:p,) ---Does this include or exclude 10% DISCOUNT (boardie+my 8 years loyalty:P discount)????
    thanks for replying and waiting for one more "hit reply" from your side.
    thx
    AC

• Advertisement

Hi John
    Welcome back, yes i did mean 5090:) apology for typo, i could not hold myself typing.:o Just one more question if you dont mind answering ( think i deserve one more question since i am waiting for your stock almost a month:p,) ---Does this include or exclude 10% DISCOUNT (boardie+my 8 years loyalty:P discount)????
    thanks for replying and waiting for one more "hit reply" from your side.
    thx
    AC

AC,

apologies again for the delay - that price is nett!

We don't / can't do a blanket 10% discount in Richer Sounds, Even for Boardies - in The Philips Shop we do offer Boardies a 10% discount off almost everything whenever possible though!

After 8 years of having to deal with us you must almost qualify for a job here now!

The 5090 is like gold dust now (or the 9664!) as I am sure Pioneer have/are ceasing production of all Tv and they are about as plentiful as hens teeth and it actually took us by surprise when the latest batch turned up - we honestly were not expecting any more at all!

Anyway keep us posted and drop me a line if I can assist in any way,

ATB,

John Mc

AC,

apologies again for the delay - that price is nett!

We don't / can't do a blanket 10% discount in Richer Sounds, Even for Boardies - in The Philips Shop we do offer Boardies a 10% discount off almost everything whenever possible though!

After 8 years of having to deal with us you must almost qualify for a job here now!

The 5090 is like gold dust now (or the 9664!) as I am sure Pioneer have/are ceasing production of all Tv and they are about as plentiful as hens teeth and it actually took us by surprise when the latest batch turned up - we honestly were not expecting any more at all!

Anyway keep us posted and drop me a line if I can assist in any way,

ATB,

John Mc

Thanks JOHN

1 of your stock is mine than :-):D:D
    when do i get the delivery :D:

cheers
    AC
    P.S: Kenny, Matt (belfast store):p:p, I am sorted:rolleyes: and got mine:P:P good luck to you boys:):):pac::D:D

Thanks JOHN

1 of your stock is mine than :-):D:D
    when do i get the delivery :D:

cheers
    AC
    P.S: Kenny, Matt (belfast store):p:p, I am sorted:rolleyes: and got mine:P:P good luck to you boys:):):pac::D:D

Astra,

Thanks for that - I'll reserve it for you now - drop me a mail to johnmc@richersounds.ie and I'll get it sorted for you for despatch early next week - I'll see what I can do on the dirty discount front as you have been a Customer for so long and so supportive of our Forum here.

Thanks again and look forward to hearing from you,

ATB,

John Mc

mail sent!

rgds

AC

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.