Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why no motorola phones for sale?

Options
  • 29-09-2009 7:26pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,594 Mod ✭✭✭✭

My motorola RAZR mobile is not doing too well and I'm looking for a replacement. I've almost always had motorolas but when I was phone shopping today I see none of the 4 network shops have any motorola phones!
    Does anyone in the know about phones know why this is? Will there be motorola mobiles available again soon? :confused:

Thanks if anyone can help. ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,227 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

they seemed to have slowed down a lot on launching new phones, the motorola dext is due this quarter in europe, haven't heard if it's coming to any irish network but it's coming to orange in the uk, it's running android, looks like a pretty good phone, would like to see it launched here...

http://www.motorola.com/consumers/GB-EN/Motorola-DEXT-GB-EN.do?vgnextoid=c2345a6e00be2210VgnVCM1000006d06b10aRCRD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 johnjoe86

Yeah i've been looking for a replacement for my Startac now for a while, i like the motorollas so i would buy one also if there is somewhere you could buy one in ireland

3 seem to have a few on their network in hong kong http://www.three.com.hk/website/appmanager/three/home?_nfpb=true&pageid=131001&_pageLabel=P200570391219567840938&lang=eng , wonder if they'll launch the dext here (come on 3, do it). o2 are only meant to be launching it in spain.
    This is the first of a new breed of motorolas there's meant to be an announcment of a another new android phone in the next few weeks with more due in 2010.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I had heard that Motorola had pulled out of the Irish and UK markets due to the economic climate. The lack of any new Motorola over the past year seems to confirm this.

i doubt it, i'd say their handset range was just not at the races, the V3XX is the last phone I saw available here.. the dext is meant to be coming to orange in the uk shortly..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,594 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Should a UK orange phone be easily transferrable to meteor do you think? :confused:
    If it becomes available up the north, I'll be getting it! :pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭dublander

that's some pretty strong brand loyalty u got there! maybe u should branch out & try a nokia/lg or somethin!?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,594 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Haha! I had a nokia before and a samsung at the moment as my motorola phone's banjaxed now but I hates it! It doesn't save sent messages automatically, I can't copy and paste, it's overly complicated to use, the main button which is usually the menu button on phones opens the INTERNET and this setting can't be changed... yeah, basically I'm not fond of it and looking forward to motoing again. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭skstretch

looks like motorola making good phones again... any news whether they coming back to the irish market????????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 FatBoyKriss

i'm looking 4 motorola flipout. maby somebody know can i buy it somewhere in dublin?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Ive seen a Motorola Milestone slide qwerty in a chinese phone shop in Ilac center beside Iceland. You can buy one from JustMobile too but their quite expensive compared to higher spec never phones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 FatBoyKriss

I allready had balckberry 8520. great phone :) but anyway thx 4 your help :)

Advertisement