Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metal Gear Solid: Philanthropy

Options
  • 29-09-2009 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭

Never hear of "Metal Gear Solid: Philanthropy"? Well, neither did I, until a few moments ago.

http://www.mgs-philanthropy.net/eng/

HIVE DIVISION presents
    a GIACOMO TALAMINI fanmovie

"METAL GEAR SOLID PHILANTHROPY"
    METAL GEAR SOLID PHILANTHROPY is a movie inspired by the Hideo Kojima's videogame series "Metal Gear Solid".
    It is not a Hollywood-style production, better a fan movie made out of the passion of some fans, non profit and no budget: it will be released on the Net for free during 2009 now.

Yes, you read that correctly: it's free. Should be a good laugh.

On the websites main page, there are links for torrents, emule, and megaupload, and it comes in 750MB XviD & 2.35GB H264 formats.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭LiNgWiStIkZ

Been watching this for the last year or two.

Saw it last night. If you're looking for a classic MGS experience, stay away.
    I'd say it's better to imagine it being in an alternate universe as it's a different spin on the MGS series.

That's not to say it's bad, I quite enjoyed it and any MGS fan would like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Odd title. Is Snake donating money to struggling artists or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭LiNgWiStIkZ

Zillah wrote: »
    Odd title. Is Snake donating money to struggling artists or something?

Philanthrophy is the group that Otacon and Snake founded post 2007 to eradicate Metal Gear REX derivatives being made after Shadow Moses :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭sherdydan

watched this last night and have to say i was pleasantly suprised!

i mean they made this film on 10K, and all in all i thought CGI was pretty good, storyline was quite metal gear, the acting was fairly good, and the cinematics i thaught were excellent.

the guy on the codec (otacons fall in?) was a complete annoyance and as **** an actor as could be, otherwise i was pretty impressed by it all, anyone any ideas when the rest will be released?! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement