Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IFX-14 Tri-Fan

Options
  • 29-09-2009 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭

So,anyone mounted 3 fans to an IFX-14,if so,how ?

Recently received mine from Komplett and realized it only comes with 2 fan clips.

I'm looking around for fan clips but no where seems to sell them so I may have to make some.I only realized today that the one fan I have on there working (the middle fan) is blowing the wrong way so that needs to be flipped around.All 3 fans will be up and running on Monday (provided I'm not in hospital :rolleyes:) with a new fan controller

The supplied fans clips look like you could make copies out of wire hangers (I've seen this done for Ram fans).Any input on this idea is appreciated.

Here's a picture so you can see the way the heatsink and fans sit (Note that the third fan will sit on the outside of the left tower)

3966829106_ef4c87e5d0.jpg

Input and other ideas are welcome,as well as any questions about my PC

:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

What cpu are you cooling and is it overclocked?
    You know you can fit a 38mm wide fan in the middle, have you thought about three 140x38mm fans?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Deano12345

Its a Q9550 at 4 GHz (475x8.5),1.27v for the CPU in the BIOS (1.256 in Windows)

I did think about getting 38's but there are no quiet ones (Kaze 1k's have horrible static pressure).These Nexus fans are great though,huge adjustment range,low noise (75 CFM @ 25 dB) and only cost a tenner !

Well,heres one of my homemade fan clips (Its the top one).Its about 80% done,I'll finsh it off later and then make a second one

3968055199_af78f10237.jpg

If this works alright,I'll post up a tutorial on how to make your own,all you need is a wire clothes hanger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Good job on that.I have a feeling 3 fans will actually perform worse then 2 of them in push>push or push>pull / pull>push because the 2 nearest the exhaust of the case will cause a deadzone. But will be interesting to see, have a look over at xtremesystems.com/forums some of them mad ***** have probably tried it already.

Anti wrote: »
    Good job on that.I have a feeling 3 fans will actually perform worse then 2 of them in push>push or push>pull / pull>push because the 2 nearest the exhaust of the case will cause a deadzone. But will be interesting to see, have a look over at xtremesystems.com/forums some of them mad ***** have probably tried it already.

Good point.

I might build a shroud (of sorts) to get the air flowing properly ....although all of this will probably go out the window when I get my 5850 :p

• Advertisement

Personally i would do this:
    <F{}     {}F<
    <A{}     {}A<
    <N{}     {}N<
        |___|
         CPU

This way would cause no deadzones and possibly give the best performance... Thats if you canwork out my ****ty little diagram ^^

Anti wrote: »
    Personally i would do this:
    <F{}     {}F<
    <A{}     {}A<
    <N{}     {}N<
        |___|
         CPU

This way would cause no deadzones and possibly give the best performance... Thats if you canwork out my ****ty little diagram ^^

I see what you mean.I'll go with that setup then :D
    I'll cahnge it now and post back in a few mins

Oh.. just looking back at yoru original pic, im guessing the second fan would be a bit to close to the exhaust fan. Maybe remove the exhaust fan and create a shroud/wind duct ?

Dropped about 3 degrees just by movng the 2 fans around.Thanks for the suggestion Anti !

The computer now blows enough air out the back to sweet small animal acress the floor :p

awesome :D that 3c can be the difference between a stable oc or not.

• Advertisement

True,I think I might leave my setup ''as is'' on the IFX and change the 120mm case fan for the third Nexus 120mm I have.It might make a little difference

Advertisement