Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "We Belong" Campaign U-turn of sorts the last week

Options
  • 29-09-2009 9:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭

When I came back from Europe early September one of the first things that struck me was the sheer amount of posters from a group "We Belong." The group werent advocating any side, just saying that it was "Your choice, You decide." I remember well because every time I passed them I mentally said "get off the fence."

Advice which they appear to have taken. This morning I noticed the text part "your choice, you decide" of their posters covered with a large red sticker "Vote Yes - We Belong." I originally thought this was a prank but I see in the news that their posters in Dublin have undergone a similar fate.

I wonder what actually happened here. I sincerely doubt the organization pulled a U turn a few days before hand. Was the tactic to lure peoples trust with a bi-partisan message before using this trust to push for a Yes?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Daftendirekt

Probably just an unusual campaigning tactic.

Bit unnecessary really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 worldclass

We Belong have said from Day 1 they were advocating a Yes vote but went about it via informing those who needed to be "sold NOT told" as they put it. Hence the indirect approach they ventured upon. :D

Advertisement