Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from soccer forum ridiculously.

Options
  • 29-09-2009 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭

So I've just been banned from the Soccer forum for the most ridiculous reasoning by therecklessone.

His mod warning on post 92 of the liverpool fiorentina thread was as follows
    "Anyone thinking of continuing the usual United vs Liverpool sh1tefest on this thread think again, I am in no mood for dealing with this crap so will be issuing bans from an early stage."

His reason for banning me was that I had overlooked this warning by replying to a post which stated how gerrard will get back into the game by diving..

I agreed with the poster by using an example in which steve gerrard dived, the champions league final in instanbul.

In no way was this inciteful or "trolling" as therecklessone said. I had already made valuable contributions to the thread and make contributions daily to the soccer forum.

The banning is for 2 days but i find this ridiculous and its clear the Mod has done this without thinking and consideration.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

As they say in financial circles "past performance is no guarantee of future returns". In other words, the best of posters can still get banned if they post something that breaches the charter and/or affects the smooth running of the forum.

It's good form to provide links to the thread and post in question so that we can examine it in situ - you can log out and access the forum in read only mode to find them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

BuffyBot wrote: »
    As they say in financial circles "past performance is no guarantee of future returns". In other words, the best of posters can still get banned if they post something that breaches the charter and/or affects the smooth running of the forum.

It's good form to provide links to the thread and post in question so that we can examine it in situ - you can log out and access the forum in read only mode to find them.

The post was deleted. Incredibly the person who first incited diving went unpunished, and I'm sure that has something to do with "past performace is no guarantee of future returns" as he has over 10 thousand posts.. not.

Apart from some notion of "percieved" value, I'm not sure what post count has to do with anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Well it seems to be a case of one rule for one and another for another.

Therecklessone has purposely avoided replying to this thread as he knows he is wrong and I find this pathetic really.

I'm sure it does seem that way to you. I've seen no evidence to the contrary.

And oddly, TRO has offered to input on this thread from the beginning, but in the absence of an actual issue I didn't feel it was nesscary. I still don't, so as such I'm locking this.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement