Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin Bikes, Gender Question

• 29-09-2009 11:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

I was signing up for Dublin Bikes, and the first questions asked are Gender and age. It really annoyed me because it really isn't necessary for them to know, it's just for the marketing purposes of the company Dublin City Council did a deal with. I tried signing up leaving out that information and they wouldn't let me. Does this annoy anyone else?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

there is a big thread on the dublin bikes over in the cycling forum that i guess might get more replies. But it doesn't seem like a question too relevent here or there, every online form pretty much asks those questions. Can't say it annoys me other than the extra clicking, and as a result i'll often pick whatever option is the fastest on them. Doesn't say anything about you having to tell the truth! several online sites seem to be of the opinion i'm a 90 year old woman....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭dereko1969

laura27314 wrote: »
    Does this annoy anyone else?

No

Perhaps it's a safety measure to ensure the credit card details are correct?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

dereko1969 wrote: »
    No

Perhaps it's a safety measure to ensure the credit card details are correct?

I've never heard of any credit card system using gender to verify details.

Just lie and skew their stats. There's nothing in the T+C declaring the information given is accurate.

Advertisement