Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackout cup season 2 rules

Options
  • 29-09-2009 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭

Here are the scoring rules from season 1:
    Win: 4 Points
    Draw: 1 Point
    Loss: 0 Point
    Bonus Win (4 or more tries): 1 Point
    Bonus Loss (within converted try): 1 Point

I never noticed it at the time, but surely a draw should be worth more than losing by seven or less? ie. should a draw not be worth 2 points?
    please discuss

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

while i'm at it...

I'm writing the logic for next season's cup website at the moment, and I don't see any rules for what happen's in the event of a tie. So for now, i'm going to copy the Magner's league. In descending order, team positions will be determined by:

• league points;
    • number of matches won;
    • the difference between points for and points against;
    • the number of tries scored;
    • the most points scored;
    • the difference between tries for and tries against;
    • thunderdome;

If anybody has a preferred scheme, let us know.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

In the event of a tie, we follow the system set up in the Blackout documentation i.e. who was leading at half-time etc.

Regarding the draw issue, isn't that how the Heineken Cup is run? 2 points seems like rather a lot though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

Orizio wrote: »
    In the event of a tie, we follow the system set up in the Blackout documentation i.e. who was leading at half-time etc.

Regarding the draw issue, isn't that how the Heineken Cup is run? 2 points seems like rather a lot though.
    Hang on <scratches head>. Blackout uses the half time thing for resolving single knockout games. I'm talking about when two teams have the same points at the league stage of the competition. The blackout league uses this formula:
    • league points
    • the difference between points for and points against
    • more bonus tries (BT)
    • more loss points (BL)

You reckon go with that list?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Hang on <scratches head>. Blackout uses the half time thing for resolving single knockout games. I'm talking about when two teams have the same points at the league stage of the competition. The blackout league uses this formula:
    • league points
    • the difference between points for and points against
    • more bonus tries (BT)
    • more loss points (BL)

You reckon go with that list?

Ah right, misread your post. The above list looks fine to me. ;)

BTW, any chance of putting up a congrats to the teams that won the finals on the website? Just something short and simple. :)

Advertisement