Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

T.Hawk

• 29-09-2009 11:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭

Sorry, bit of an odd thread but did anyone every [bar chopper :p] appreciate T.Hawks character? I mean gameplay and graphically, I always thought he looked really ugly and rigid. Just did not suit the roaster, so i've always hated him.

I made my mother buy me SSF2 when it came out for the snes, the day i finished my exams and i remember looking at him thinking, why you so ugly bra?

POLL TIMES.

Do you like T.Hawk 20 votes

No
    0% 0 votes
    Yes
    100% 20 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Dumb character

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

I like his fighting style and design. His stance looks quite ridiculous though.

I would rather a million T Hawks instead of any 3rd Strike characters though, now there is one badly designed and forgettable cast.
    I mean I'm a big fan of Balrog but one is enough thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

careful there creature ;)

makoto, necro , urien , yun, yang, sean , alex
    BEAUTIFUL

Ah ok I'll give you Makoto, Alex and Urien but the rest are average/terrible.

• Moderators Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Azza

Leave Q alone you big fight money hogging bully!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Creature wrote: »
    I like his fighting style and design. His stance looks quite ridiculous though.

I would rather a million T Hawks instead of any 3rd Strike characters though, now there is one badly designed and forgettable cast.
    I mean I'm a big fan of Balrog but one is enough thanks.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO:eek:

there is a lot of ****e characters in 3s, none as bad as t-hawk imo. The ones they're adding however are gold. I look forward to playing ibuki against you muahhahaha

Dudley is nothing like balrog, they wear boxing gloves, thats it. They are nothing at all alike otherwise.

**edit**

Scratch that actually, theres hardly any ****e characters in 3s. Hmmm still the absolute worst has nothing on how bad t-hawk is..

On that note, which 3s character do you hate the most Creature?

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

Never really liked him tbh...

All I know is... Ultra... VERY feckin damaging..

Would like to see a Hawk n Gief match... be such a contest to get an ultra in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

T. Hawk was awesome, **** stance and all.

None of this shouting out every time he does a move for T. Hawk oh no!

He just hums.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

He just hums.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

lol :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

He just hums.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Never got to play SF series before 4 but that sounds quality!

🤪

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

Only character that Hmmmmmmms is Akuma.. everyone knows thats true... ( Well he only hmms durnin demon flips, air Fb's, Hurricane kicks... and a random sound file plays when he jabs.. it been a hmm of course :P lol

remember that time in the SF2 animate featured film where he WANTS to fight ken and thn gets his ass kicked and ken doesnt even finish him because hes so bad

game over.

Placebo wrote: »
    remember that time in the SF2 animate featured film where he WANTS to fight ken and thn gets his ass kicked and ken doesnt even finish him because hes so bad

game over.

You watched that film and remember that over Chun-Li in the shower!

Cunny-Funt wrote: »

On that note, which 3s character do you hate the most Creature?

Who do I hate the most? Well they're mostly all quite bad really

I suppose the likes of Necro, the white blob who shapeshifts and the wierd guy in the toga who looks like a melting candle. They belong more in Darkstalkers than SF. I'm sure their gameplay is probably sound to the fans of the game but their design is disgraceful. Don't get me wrong I like new characters in games but if you can't think of new ideas then don't just keep the movesets of old characters and slap them with new skins.
    Got a Sonic Boom? Yup. Got a Flash kick? Absolutely. Guile? No...some emo guy who wears his hair down instead of up!
    Token crappy joke character who nobody likes. Dan? No! It's Sean! Wtf?! Who the hell is Sean?!

Don't even get me started on Gill. Bison was such a brilliant boss of SF2. Then they replace him with that ridiculously cheap multi coloured naked idiot :(

And while I'm sure Dudley plays quite different you can't deny that design wise, he's just a Balrog stand in. A black boxer who uses dash punch attacks. Hmmm how can we make him stand out from Balrog...I know! Lets make him English and give him a moustache! It is an awesome moustache though :pac:.

He just hums.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Lol epic post. Hawk is a real man. He has an Eagle ffs. No rose throwing pansy nonsense for me thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Sean isn't a joke character really, he was completely broken top tier in 2nd Impact :pac:

Lol well I'm not complainging about moves and gameplay, and yeah Blanka and Dhalsim are a bit crazy but they're nowhere near as bizzare as Necro, Twelve and co.

Nah it'd be like if in LoTR if When Gandalf fights the Balrog, he fights a Boxer looking for fight money instead of a giant fire monster.

I wish I had a combo video to illustrate my point better. :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Of the 4 charachters introduced in Super Street Fighter II, I thought T. Hawk was the lamest. However, I still prefer him to a large percentage of the charachters in SF3TS.

all 3s characters played well and had completely different styles and were innovative to say the least. Their supers well thought out and when executed with perfection, displayed mind blowing effects. Look at oro for instance, all 3 SA were absolutely amazing.
    Same goes for Q, the destruction super etc.

Character designs themselves were great, sure oro looks ugly and old and has only one hand but look at blanka then? would you have sex with blanka? no wayz

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,928 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Thought Oro tied one hand behind his back to give the competitors a fighting chance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

would you have sex with blanka? no wayz

Is that your usual criteria for playing a Street Fighter character? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭meducation

t hawk is lame,
    i think dj is lame but t hawk is far worse.... it was fun in alpha 3 with flying headbutt air recover flying head rinse and repeat in mirror matches just do it till someone wins :D
    anyone see the gameplay footage for him his ultra looks very very strong...
    just a new zangief without being cool

would you have sex with blanka? no wayz

A bit of dinner and dancing and you never know what might happen.
    meducation wrote: »
    i think dj is lame

:mad: you're just mad because you've no rhythm mon.

Don't get me wrong I like new characters in games but if you can't think of new ideas then don't just keep the movesets of old characters and slap them with new skins.

Indeed remy was not a character I was instantly fond of, although he brought some interesting ideas to guiles limited move set (he has guiles moves and more, guile who people are always bitching about needing more moves) Btw rufus and abel nicked moves from 3s characters interestingly enough.

Oro didnt steal anyones moves. & he's no more oddly designed than sim. Seems like an odd character at 1st but he's very impressive actually.
    Token crappy joke character who nobody likes. Dan? No! It's Sean! Wtf?! Who the hell is Sean?!

Seans way better then Dan, he's bottom teir in 3s all right but he's not meant to be a joke character, just as vega nots meant to be. He's a damn fun character to play, plays a lot less like a shoto then dan does. Abel stole some of his game play.

Don't even get me started on Gill. Bison was such a brilliant boss of SF2. Then they replace him with that ridiculously cheap multi coloured naked idiot :(
    yeah I care little about gill myself, better then t-hawk though.

And while I'm sure Dudley plays quite different you can't deny that design wise, he's just a Balrog stand in.
    Of course I can, he's as far from balrog as you can get. He's a boxer whos black or rather I think he's meant to be more Indian black rather then african black. But thats it. Its like saying fei long and ryu are the same cause they're both asian and martial artists..

A black boxer who uses dash punch attacks. Hmmm how can we make him stand out from Balrog...I know! Lets make him English and give him a moustache! It is an awesome moustache though :pac:.

You really think the fact that he's english and has a moustache is what makes him different to balrog eh? You don't have a clue. He's not a charge character, the guy has a dragon punch ffs! lol.

You rate t-hawk over dudley? tsk tsk tsk. You have no dignity.

duddleys moves are better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I think Creature's issue is that Street Fighter characters, while ridiculous, were always segmented someway in reality (with Blanka being the furthest out there). Sim is a Yoga Master, and his limb stretching, teleporting and fire breathing are exaggerated versions of actual Yogas. T Hawk is a native American with has a big totem (from what we're led to believe). Dictator is an evil Dictator with slight "super (physco) powers".

Whereas 3S has Oro...bird man with one arm. Q....Cyborg Robot detective. Gill...multicoloured elements controlling man. They seem more like Xmen than SF characters. All the SF2 characters had some (vague) reason for having their powers, whereas 3S everything seems randomly put together.

Don't get me wrong though, there's characters from 3S I love and I'm glad some are making it in.

Oro is just an auld fella....

<_<

>_>

.....who lives in a cave & is supposed to be such a a powerful fighter that he has to tie up one arm so as not to kill his opponents.....

....and his powers appear to come from snots in his nose...yep.. lol.

But indeed, there is a reason why most of the 3s guys are known as freaks. I still rather them over the bland T-hawk. I dunno I just never ever liked t-hawk lol.

Btw thats from that flash ropedrink posted to those that didn't watch it. Watch it , as youtube censors out the funniest clips. There are some boring ones though (as that clips shows) but theres gold there too :p

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

I really can't stand T-Hawk.

**** your couch T-Hawk. With a rusty blade.

• Advertisement

Yeah what Jim said, thats it really. I should hire you as my interpreter.

Also Cunny, Balrog > Dudley. Just learn to accept it man.

sf4 is a slow piece of ****, just lost about 5 games there
    only because it was slow. wouldnt happen in sf3

universally sf4 is for noobs, remember that time justin was thinking of what player to pick against diago ? wtf man pick your main, in sf3 that neva happened

and now t hawk !

RopeDrink wrote: »
    I've seen some crazy ass fights out there that you cannot brand as slow, just they won't happen all that much in professional gameplay due to the tactical / methodical way most people fight.

Hence the game is slower

Play ST for 5 minutes and go back and tell me SF IV isn't slow compared to it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,928 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Slower doesn't mean worse though. Just look at samurai showdown 2 which is one of the slowest fighting games ever made and yet ranked up with SSF2T asone of the greatest. I find it creates a mucg more tactical game although I did mostly grow up playing championship edition.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    and yet ranked up with SSF2T asone of the greatest. I

No it did not except for in your head :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

remember that time justin was thinking of what player to pick against diago ? wtf man pick your main, in sf3 that neva happened

and now t hawk !

Because it was so badly balanced that there wouldn't have been any point. SF4 cast is so much better in this regard. The final you are referring to proves that. Wong took what was then his 4th choice character and put Daigo on his ass after being soundly defeated with Rufus and Able.

Give me that anyday over the forgone conclusions that every third strike and Marvel tourney is. You know every character selection before they even pick.....and if they lose.....they wont change, because they cant. Because 90% of the cast is way below par. Fighting games are no fun without diversity.

maybe you missed the SBO 06 videos where a japenese player picked Q and destroyed everyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Sagat06

And you remember it because it doesn't happen that often!!

maybe you missed the SBO 06 videos where a japenese player picked Q and destroyed everyone.

lmao are you seriously arguing for 3S' balance

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

this reminds me of Quakeworld vs. Quake 3 arguements. "QW is fast therefore more hardcore and better"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Ken and Chun-li, there are no other fighters in the game are there?

Dreddybajs wrote: »

Not at all, just because kirby mentioned that sf4 is top notch balanced.
    So are most games, you have your odd strong one out, chunli and ken in sf3
    then ryu and sagat in sf4? no difference,

just not happy with the pace, but theres this slow pace i need to get used to. I can feel a lag all the time. You can see players doing silly things and it looks like its in slow motion and you try counter react and its also in slow, DOUBLE KO.

You hardly ever see anything but the top 5 characters being used in SF3 because they are just so much better than anuthing else while there seems to be a much better mix of usable characters in SF4 and it makes watching tournaments a lot more fun imo.

thats true i guess but its too early too tell for sf4.

The day it's just ryu's and sagats will be a sad day indeed.

Think I might change my main to a crazy mid tier character for SSF4. Kirby seems to be having great fun with sim.

Same reason i switched from ryu to chun
    then theres terry with his sagat and ryu :pac::pac:;)

Third Strike is all about Yun and Chun, Ken is a definite third with Makoto fourth.

After that there's a few solid mid tier characters that are all about even. Ryu, Dudley, Yang, Akuma and Urien.

Anyway they all are nothing compared to the mighty Thunder Hawk!

maybe if he looked like this and not pocahontas

Nightwolf-trilogy2.jpg

You did not just bring Mortal Kombat into this!

RopeDrink play Super Turbo for a while or watch some matches on yourtube of it played at high level you will understand then, SF IV is turtle slow compared to ST.

• Advertisement
Advertisement