Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

T.Hawk

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Placebo wrote: »
    then theres terry with his sagat and ryu :pac::pac:;)

haha, true. Though I will be tempted by dudley (please make him top tier!)

• Moderators Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Azza

We are obviously comparing SF IV to the previous games in the series which ST is.
    There needs to be a reference point to which to compare the game otherwise how can we talk about speed at all.

ST is not some turbo game its consider the definitive version of Street Fighter 2.
    If SF IV is a reincarnation they have not kept a similar sort of pace at all.

There is such a thing as two fast and there such a thing as too slow, while I don't think SF IV needs to be as fast as ST, I feel its too slow as it is at the moment. The wider arena's, slower game speed, damage scaling, and defensive nature of the game makes for much slower matches, I just hope SSF IV goes some way to addressing this.

Errr this thread is wandering off topic.

As for T.Hawk my opinion is meh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

i think a good indication of above is to watch some matches online,
    majority go below the 40 the mark

I have to say though, I do like the length of the rounds in SF4. I hate super turbo because of its "4 big hits and you're dead in 8 seconds" setup. Its just silly. Much prefer the damage scaling of 3 and 4

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,928 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Street Fighter 4 is slower and more friendly to turtlers and not to rushdowns. You just have to accept it's a different game and play it differently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Creature wrote: »

Also Cunny, Balrog > Dudley. Just learn to accept it man.

Never! Balrog is /english accent : 'Gutta trash'
    RopeDrink wrote: »
    some Turbo game
    :eek:
    animaX wrote: »
    I have to say though, I do like the length of the rounds in SF4. I hate super turbo because of its "4 big hits and you're dead in 8 seconds" setup. Its just silly. Much prefer the damage scaling of 3 and 4

I agree.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Street Fighter 4 is slower and more friendly to turtlers and not to rushdowns. You just have to accept it's a different game and play it differently.

At lower level play.
    Mid to higher level the 'jump back run away' players get raped cause they dunno wtf to do against a rush down. Theres even some really good players I've fought recently that the only reason I was able to beat them was they didn't know how to play anything but defence. They had better execution, just no rush down experience.

Most Balrogs I've fought tend to all use a standard style of wait around to try and land a head butt, while mashing jab. Ropedrink's keyboard boxer was the 1st rush down boxer I fought and I was well impressed to find myself being corner trapped and rushed down by a boxer player. I deffo see the advantage of being always able to charge back with keyboard keys, his dash punches came out some much faster than your average boxer. I'd imagine he surprised a few 'this is not a rushdown game' players in his time.

Rushdown has its place in sfiv, players that use both and mix up go far. So many player online is SFIV are just clones of each other, all copying this one pattern and never mixing up, using the right tools at the right time.

Yes 3s is more of a rush down game, more so cause everyone can parry and everyone has an overhead. Turtling has its place there also however. Its about match ups and player styles.

Regarding the discussion on the speed difference, coming from 3s to SF4, SF4 does feel a lot slower at 1st. I remember the jumps felt odd too. Some of this though is just the transition to 3D, makes things appear slower then they are at 1st compared to 2d. I remember after playing SFIV for a few months I went back to play some 3s for the 1st time since I got sf4... I was expecting it to play extremely fast, because from the get go I deemed sf4 to be much much slower. I was surprised to find it actually felt very similar to SF4. It was very strange, thing was though I was playing it the same way I played sf4, and not how I used to play 3s. For me, its 3s's dash that really adds to the smoothness of its gameplay and that feeling of speed. I wasnt dashing at 1st and thats what made it feel more like sf4 then I thought it would.

The dash in SFIV is just too clunky and compared to 3s seems to have higher recovery , this is why I'm always on about the dash, if in SSIV they improve the dashing it will deffo improve the over all feel of the game imo. But ultimately SFIV is not as slow as it 1st appears imo. I don't consider SFIV a slow game.

Also a lot of the speed aspect of ST was down to moves doing more damage, or characters having smaller health bars kinda thing. With Alpha & on wards they just gave everyone more hit points.

• Moderators Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Azza

Hey guys this thread has wandered off topic a bit too much which I helped play a part in. If you want to continue discussing the speed of the game or other mechanic's might be an idea to start a new thread.

Otherwise lets move back on T.Hawk and your thoughts on him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

I heard T-hawk was secretly a neo nazi!

<_<

>_>

Yes I'm aware that makes little sense...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

hey all?

just a quick one on this i would love to see as many new characters as possible (**** or not) what does it matter? more characters mean more choices meaning ssf4 will have a long life hopefully:pac:

• Advertisement

hey all?

just a quick one on this i would love to see as many new characters as possible (**** or not) what does it matter? more characters mean more choices meaning ssf4 will have a long life hopefully:pac:

More characters also means that it could be harder to get the balance right though.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭meducation

i hate t hawk i think its a shame they brought him and dee jay back i always thought they were terrible characters

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Whatever about T Hawk, Dee Jay is ****ing awesome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,738 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Creature wrote: »
    Whatever about T Hawk, Dee Jay is ****ing awesome.
    Here comes the Dee-Jaaay!

Advertisement