Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

power outages around mulhuddart

Options
  • 29-09-2009 11:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭

Hi all does anybody know about the power outages in and around mulhuddart/castlecurragh tonight?? the electricity was gone for about the last 2 hours and it just came back on,is there any issues with the esb?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,418 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

What a fcuking nightmare that was.

I could just about cope with the 2 hours without electricity - what made it worse was the 10 times that it came back on for a few seconds which gave you a sudden burst of optimism that they'd sorted it, then BOOM its gone again. But each time it went off every single house alarm seemed to get set off so as well as the no leccy situation you had a wailing cacophany of house alarms.

**** more of a rant than an answer to your question, sorry :) ****

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Kept coming back on about 4 times I reckon.

The alarms were the worst bit.

Sorry haven't a clue why it happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

How is being with out power for a couple of hours a ***** nightmare???.

A minor inconvenience unless you are on a life support machine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

If you have small kids and they are woken buy it and are scared of the dark it can be a nightmare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭triple-M

the electricity came on about ten times for a few seconds so i jumped on my pc and blew out the candles and before the pc could even get started up and it went off again,I passed by an esb crew up at mulhuddart woods working on the electricity box and asked them what was going on and they said there was no electricity (yeah no sh%t) and they didnt know when it would be back on,the barrage of alarms going off simultaneously was a nightmare the little ones in my house couldnt get a moments shuteye

• Advertisement

Thaedydal wrote: »
    If you have small kids and they are woken buy it and are scared of the dark it can be a nightmare.

If someone breaks into your house and drags your loved ones out of the house at gunpoint thats a nightmare, a power cut is a power cut, an inconvenience not a nightmare.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,418 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

trad wrote: »
    If someone breaks into your house and drags your loved ones out of the house at gunpoint thats a nightmare, a power cut is a power cut, an inconvenience not a nightmare.

Seriously do you realise no-one has said the powercut inself was a nightmare - we can cope without electricity for a few hours.

It was the fact it came back for about 5 seconds about 10 times before immediately disconnecting again that was 'the nightmare' -as it meant on my block of Castlecurragh alone 20 alarms went off straight away and a gang load of dogs would start wailing in unison as well etc.

And what the bejassus has gunpoint burglaries got to do with this. Bloody hell. :confused::confused:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

OK folks tone down the language here a little please.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Turbulent Bill

It was a bit odd that the power came and went repeatedly, my own (wild!) guess is that lots of people had appliances switched on, so when the power was restored the huge load immediately tripped whatever was causing the problem originally. When it eventually came back for good, some people had probably gone to bed and switched things off for the night.

Other than the alarms going off and the kids going a bit mad outside, no harm done!

Sorry if my analagy has upset anyone, I just think the use of the phrase nightmare is used to describe the most minor of inconveniences. Again apologies.

• Advertisement
Advertisement