Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eric Prydz

• 29-09-2009 11:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

:D Anybody else who cant wait to go see Pryda on Friday?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭BlueButterBean

Yup I cant wait,would be great to win those tickets though :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Mikeyangelo

Yeah it woulda been cool but €20 is a grand price to see a dj nowadays.. Tripods a great venue and he's an epic dj so im expecting a savage night!

Yea actually surprized how cheap it is!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Cant fukkin wait!!!

Call on meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, call on me!! YESSSSS!

Yeah they're going at a good price, not like Deadmau5 whos gone up since i seen him last year! Hope he plays Shadows, that is a belter but its a bit old so he prob wont.... Im sure his live show is quality anyway. Its deadly the way he's playing here even though he doesnt get around that much cause of his fear of flying..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Call on meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, call on me!! YESSSSS!

:rolleyes: I doubt it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭FLYNN-DOG

there needs to be some quality control on the site!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

Yea actually surprized how cheap it is!

bad move on tripods part then i guess when there are people out there that would have paid more to see him, unless your mr.blueButlerbean that is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

I smell a rat. Or a terrible way of promoting a terrible night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

I have a pop loving friend who is going to see him in Galway, poor girl is going to be a little disappointed when he doesn't play cheddar like call on me!:D

He's always a DJ that I'm ashamed to say I like due to the commercial stuff he releases, but some of the Pryda and Cirez D releases have been unreal, and any DJ set i've heard has been top notch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭sweeno69

looking forward to this... his pryda releases are consistantly high quality, if a little samey with the massive 3 minute build-ups...

have seen him a couple of times before tho and he hasnt disappointed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

tman wrote: »
    He's always a DJ that I'm ashamed to say I like due to the commercial stuff he releases, but some of the Pryda and Cirez D releases have been unreal, and any DJ set i've heard has been top notch
    It's probably a very uncool thing to say, but I actually like a lot of his stuff.

His mix of Paolo Mojo's 1983 is epic and I love his Ironman/Madderferrys release.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

Yep it's an uncool thing to say, but I have to admit it too....

I used to listen to John Digweed's transition radio show a lot, he plays for an hour then has a guest mix for an hour. When I heard Eric Prydz was doing one I was a little confused, this was before Aftermath was release so he hadn't built the Pryda thing up, I'd only known the whole 'Call on me' horror. Anyways, I listened to the guest mix and was mightily impressed - it was one of the best from the whole year (think maybe 2005).

I smell a rat. Or a terrible way of promoting a terrible night.

I dont recall my OP asking for your negative and wrong opinion so maybe you'd be best leaving it out in the future?
    Good man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

My apologies just seemed a bit strange thats all.

You're grand man dont worry about it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭FLYNN-DOG

He'll hardly be playin as cirez d in tripod though will he?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

FLYNN-DOG wrote: »
    He'll hardly be playin as cirez d in tripod though will he?

Doesn't the OP say he's playing as Pryda?

edit: Has he released much Cirez D stuff in the last few years actually?

He's down on the playing as Eric Prydz but I would say that's just because thats his mainstream name and how most people would know him thus appealing him to a larger audience.. I dont see any reason why he wouldnt play any Pryda or Cirrez D stuff there cause in the end its all the still from the same lad.. Loads of DJ's have a few differant aliases but still play all their stuff live.

He has released a good bit in the last few years as Cirez D but i'd recon that most of his new stuff has been under Pryda..

"Cirez D - On Off" came out fairly recently... Still in the Techno top 10 on beatport - great track

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭workaccount

Hi,
    I think the pryda stuff he plays is really good aswell - still it's not far from commercial but underneath enough to be interesting in an underground way. We were thinking of going to see him tomorrow night in Galway but it's in a farily commerical music type club so it may not be pryda stuff.

Anyway a mate of mine is in Limerick tonight to see him so I can fill anyone in tomorrow if you want to know before going on Friday.

Hi,
    Anyway a mate of mine is in Limerick tonight to see him so I can fill anyone in tomorrow if you want to know before going on Friday.

So your mate say he was any good in the end?

So your mate say he was any good in the end?

I won't be talking to him until this evening. I'll let you know then though. :)

I won't be talking to him until this evening. I'll let you know then though. :)

Ah right cheers boss!

Ah right cheers boss!

Hi,
    Didnt get in touch with mate this evening. Must have been a hard night last tnight.

I'm locked now at the moment - just back from the gig.

Mostly underground - no pryda stuff at all and defo not call on me kinda stuff.

Then he played bonkers and some remix of prodigy. I was waitin around the whole nite to talk to him at the end but got sick of idiots pushing and shoving and jumping around - you know the type. Recked the buzz altogther. I'd say good nite until he started playin bonkers. Not in tune with the set at all. (edit: or maybe I just hate that choon)

Hi,
    Didnt get in touch with mate this evening. Must have been a hard night last tnight.

Then he played bonkers and some remix of prodigy. I was waitin around the whole nite to talk to him at the end but got sick of idiots pushing and shoving and jumping around - you know the type. Recked the buzz altogther. I'd say good nite until he started playin bonkers. Not in tune with the set at all.

Can't believe the above is coherent. I was in some loop last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭515 tripod

hi guys

we have picked winner for pass for tonight thanks to everyone who entered next competition is ferry corston next week

Hi,

Then he played bonkers and some remix of prodigy. I was waitin around the whole nite to talk to him at the end but got sick of idiots pushing and shoving and jumping around - you know the type. Recked the buzz altogther. I'd say good nite until he started playin bonkers. Not in tune with the set at all. (edit: or maybe I just hate that choon)

Thats grand so its gonna be what i expected so! I think i know the remix of the prodigy you were talking about, i saw him play so deadly one on youtube and went scowering for it like mad all to no avail sadly :(.. Yeah Bonkers doesnt seem his style all that much but I had the dub version without that goon dizzie on it and it wasnt the worst... Surprised there was no Pryda tunes but im still expecting a quality one tonight now! Cheers boss!

515 tripod wrote: »
    hi guys

we have picked winner for pass for tonight thanks to everyone who entered next competition is ferry corston next week

Corsten :D

• Advertisement

Thats grand so its gonna be what i expected so! I think i know the remix of the prodigy you were talking about, i saw him play so deadly one on youtube and went scowering for it like mad all to no avail sadly :(.. Yeah Bonkers doesnt seem his style all that much but I had the dub version without that goon dizzie on it and it wasnt the worst... Surprised there was no Pryda tunes but im still expecting a quality one tonight now! Cheers boss!

Actually maybe there was some Pryda choons - I was very drunk.

Have a class nite tnite and let me know what you thought of it tomorrow?

Hahaha yeah I'll be the same but yeah I'll let you know what i thought of it tomorrow!:D

Well im just back now and it was unbelievable!! I know what you mean when you said it was very underground, he played lots of very minimal tunes but the bass was banging man so was thoroughaly enjoyable! Bored me a tiny bit at times but all in all it was savage. He mixed Pjanoo into Bonkers and I actually thought sounded deadly! Not usually a fan of Bonkers but it was a good remix of it i thought! He also had some savage mix of Aerodynamic on that was mental!! Capped it all off with an encore of Pjanno to finish an awesome night! Even managed to get an autograph and a handshake so im well chuffed with how it all went! Defo up there with one of the better shows i saw :D

AWh had a great night,defo worth the money.wonder if anyone from boards seen me?hmmm,im curious!:rolleyes::D

dancing like a fookin nutjob?

ahem,making a fookin arse of myself!!:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

had a crackin night, very impressed with the set. the sound system in tripod is somethin else!

won the tickets too on here so even better!

df1985 wrote: »
    had a crackin night, very impressed with the set. the sound system in tripod is somethin else!

won the tickets too on here so even better!

Congrats man, maybe if you're feeling lucky you can enter for Ferry Corsten! Yeah the set up in Tripod is arguably the best in town.... Speakers everywhere so the bass just booms right through you:D

ahem,making a fookin arse of myself!!:o

I dont think you're alone on that one :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭-oRnein9-

Yeah great show from Prydz, stoped dancing for bonkers but other than that thought he played a great set, good set from LRB loved when he dropped Dark Flower Joris voorn mix towards d end of his set, quality tune, great nite all 2gether nd at 20 euro tax well enjoyed

-oRnein9- wrote: »
    Yeah great show from Prydz, stoped dancing for bonkers but other than that thought he played a great set, good set from LRB loved when he dropped Dark Flower Joris voorn mix towards d end of his set, quality tune, great nite all 2gether nd at 20 euro tax well enjoyed

Yeah when i read that day that he had played Bonkers the day before i was expecting the worst but the mix he had of it wasnt that bad... Yeah i was pleasantly surprised with LRB's set, thought it was very good!

• Advertisement
Advertisement