Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from Dental Issues

Options
  • 29-09-2009 11:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭

That's it. I'm sick of you and your slanderous, ill informed accusations. BANNED.

BIG G needs to relax - if he is going to ban anyone who challenges the cost dentists charge then he is going to be a busy man

I'm not having the slanderous part of his accusation and I will ask Mod to have a word - "ill informed" is an opinion - "slanderous" can get him into a lot of trouble

Appealing Ban on the grounds that I posted an opinion and did not break any rules in any charter or any forum rules - Big G has taken this personally which it was in no way directed at him

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

I've reviewed the thread. Here's what I think.

Posters were warned in #47, #46, #44, #35, #32 and #28 that the thread, and the forum, were not the places to discuss the dental issues charter. You continued to argue the point on thread. In this case, you force the moderators to decide whether to keep the thread open, without you in it, or close it for everyone. They decided to remove you from the forum.

If you had come to feedback, helpdesk or PM and asked about the dental issues charter, I would have supported you in questioning whether or not the discussion of price comparisons should be banned.

However, by doing it on thread, after being warned over and over to drop it, you gave the moderators no choice.

You certainly did break the charter - whether you accept the charter or not is meaningless. The charter is there, you either argue against it in feedback, or you accept it in Dental Issues. That's the way it is, sitewide.

The mods gave warnings, you ignored the warnings - what else could they do to resolve the problem?

I will ask the mods to reconsider the use of the word "Slanderous". However, the ban is fully deserved.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

^^
    As above..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭mark renton

But I did not discuss prices - that is what is in the charter, I gave my opinion on what could possibly be saved as have many other people

its like dictatorship in there, its certainly not moderating

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

You're entitled to your opinion. I'm not going to split hairs with you, but the catmods are not going to overturn the ban, and neither, it would appear, are the admins.

As I say, I don't necessarily disagree with your opinion, just the way you voiced it.

Indeed, sometimes it's about how you say something, not what you say.

• Advertisement

BuffyBot wrote: »
    Indeed, sometimes it's about how you say something, not what you say.

May I see the rules outlining this a punishable by a 14 day ban?

You're assuming that there is some set punishment level. There isn't. Bans are flexible to fit the context of a situation.

I'm happy that in this situation, it's not overly excessive and I'm not going to overturn it.

I'm assuming I have to be in breach of some sort of rule before I get banned - as yet I have only been banned for the way I said something

I'm not happy

• Moderators Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Big_G

You stated that dentists make a living by overcharging private patients. I am a dentist in the Republic and I find that you are accusing my colleagues and I (many of whom are contributors to the forum, no dentists from the North contribute) of fraudulently overcharging our patients. It was an insulting generalisation apart from anything else, and that is why I banned you, not because of discussing price differentials.

You have been pushing this agenda in that thread before this also, knowing full well that there are dentists from the Republic contributing on a regular basis. That is trolling, minimum.

I stated Dentists make a living by overcharging private patients?

I stated dentists make a living from people on the social welfare, therefore they can collect from the government and do not find it necessary to drop prices - when everything else houses, cars etc prices have dropped

if you feel this is a personal attack then thats not my fault, however banning someone for saying this is a form of dictatorship, not moderating

• Advertisement

I think now, you're just trying to weasel your way around it, and it's not going to wash.

As said - the ban stands.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement