Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Radio Dog Fence

Options
  • 30-09-2009 1:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hey All,

Looking for some advice.

I have a small terrier/ beagle cross and he loves to explore. I have a safe secure garden but when he gets the chance of the gate open, he wanders onto the road. He is a sneaky little guy. I'm terrified that he will get killed.

I have been researching radio fences online and the wireless one seems the best option for me as it is very portable for when I travel between my house and my parents.(Petsafe wireless system)

I see that the Petsafe Wireless Radio Fence is expensive enough (€299). Is there anywhere I can get this product cheaper or recommend any websites that ship this product to Ireland without expensive shipping costs.

I appreciate any help at all that anyone can offer.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Roisinmor

Hi there,
    Just to let you know, I have a radio fence and several of my friends also have them. One of them tried the wireless version, it was very strange, it worked everywhere except on a concrete path - this was no good as the dog could then get out. She loaned it to a different friend to try out and it worked perfectly for her. Altogether it was tried out in four houses, worked in two and didn't work in other two.
    The rest of us use the ordinary version with the wire, it works perfectly everywhere.
    It cost us £220 in www.petconnection.ie and the delivery charge is £6.99. Their after service is fantastic as a couple of the staff have the fences and they can help to advise you about setting it up etc.
    It is really easy to set up anyway, if you need any help, just contact me.

Advertisement