Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jimmy MacCarthy - The Song Of The Singing Horseman

Options
  • 30-09-2009 7:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭

Hi all Irish music fans.
    I just wanted to ask does anyone know about an album called The Song Of The Singing Horseman by Jimmy MacCarthy released in 1991. If so and if you own a copy would you be able to make me a ripped copy of this CD if I post an address in a PM.
    Currently I am looking for this album but cannot seem to find it.
    If this could be a possibility it would be greatly appreciated.:)
    Regards
    Karaokeman

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

Have a copy somewhere but it's on cassette so I can't rip it. Do you live in Ireland? If so then the shop on MacCurtain St on Cork probably have it, somewhere in Dublin might too.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Was just listening to Jimmy this morning. It's a great album but you better edit your post or you'll probably get a hiding for asking for copyrighted material :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Illkillya wrote: »
    If so then the shop on MacCurtain St on Cork probably have it, somewhere in Dublin might too.

Thanks I will check that store the next time that I go to Cork. I don't think the album has been available in Dublin for a while now. They had Jimmy's most recent album titled The Moment from 2002 in Tower Records but no further back than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭pauline fayne

I have been searching for this album for several years as well ,have tried online and in shops , searched every shop that sells second hand cds and advertised in the buy and sell
    and on every on-line forum that might possibly be a source of a copy .....but I haven't
    lost hope yet !! Perhaps he will re-release it someday . In the meantime there is a new album to look forward to later this year ...

Hey I just got my copy of this album half a year ago (this was long after I created this topic).
    If you are still interested I would be more than happy to help.

• Advertisement

I would be very grateful Karaokeman ! am leaving my details in pm to you .:D

Karaokeman , I have been playing the Song of the Singing Horseman almost every day since you sent it to me , many thanks . I was just wondering if you know who is singing with him on the track 'The mad lady and me '. The voice is familiar but i cant figure it out ..

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I've wondered that myself before Pauline, sounds very like Sinéad O'Connor to me!

Thats what i thought at first Cormie , - then i thought i must be imagining things !
    Still waiting for the new album , I hope it is out soon ...

@ Pauline

Thanks for the reply. I am glad you like the album, because it is a smashing record. Only a shame that its been discontinued, because it should be reissued.
    I am not sure who sings with Jimmy on "The Mad Lady & Me" but I will try to find out. I think it was Mandy Murphy who did backing vocals with JMC on the album, but i'm not 100% certain.
    Hold tight for Hey Ho Believe. I have not heard anything else on the new album, but Jimmy is really excited about the record so I believe it will be worth the wait, when its released.

• Advertisement

Thanks karaokeman , I have to say i have never heard of Mandy Murphy but i will try to find out more about her now !
    The last i heard was that the new album might be out in August so not long now - i hope .

• Registered Users Posts: 1 luptonjohn

Hey, I know it's a long shot but would love a copy of this album for my sister. Can't find it anywhere...
    Please let me know if you can help me out, Cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Con Fusion

I have been looking for many years for this album. Can't find it anywhere. I would be very very greatful if any body could point me in he right direction / help me out

Kind Regards
    Con

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

Just found a cd by Mulligan "The Songs of the Singing Horseman by the one and only Jmac.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭WHL

Just back from Jimmy's concert in Cork tonight. Excellent performance. He came on at 8.10 and finished just before 11pm - with a 30 minute interval. If you can catch him on this tour, make sure you do so

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭dobh

If anybody was successful in buying the cd would they mind telling me where they got it, please. I have been searching everywhere but no joy. I did have it on tape years ago but that is now missing. I grew up with JMac in Cork and have been a fan for 40 years !!. If anybody could help me re this, in any way, I would be thrilled. Please pm me if necessary. Thank you.

Advertisement