Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mirror rotting - cant find receipt

Options
  • 30-09-2009 8:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭

Folks,

We bought a bathroom unit, sink and mirror, in a well known place on the 10th October last year.
    However we have noticed that the back of the mirror seems to be either rotting, or getting really stained so when you look at the mirror the stain creeps up an inch from the bottom.

The only problem is I cant find the receipt for it anywhere. I have the credit card statement but that only shows the price and the date we bought there.

Can anyone tell me what my rights are here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Your credit card statement should be sufficient proof of purchase for the shop. The mirror does appear to be defective, so the shop should offer you a repair, replacement or refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

dudara wrote: »
    Your credit card statement should be sufficient proof of purchase for the shop. The mirror does appear to be defective, so the shop should offer you a repair, replacement or refund.

We're going to head in on Saturday with the credit card printout and see what they say.
    Thanks Dudara.

Advertisement