Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gift Grub 'explains' Lisbon

• 30-09-2009 8:28am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,746 ✭✭✭

I don't get to hear GG after 8 anymore but I heard the repeat this morning after 7 where Iano started off by patting Mario on the back for helping people to understand Lisbon and also mentioning that it was covered in the Star today too. I had high hopes then. I really looked forward to the sketch... but it was ****E!!! OK, it explained the absolute basics in golfing and Boyzone terms but it wasn't very funny at all and, in fairness, it was the absolute minimum you need to be able to grasp before voting. I know it's not the Politics forum but he could have done better. If people reckoned that helped them then God help us all! I think Mario should stay away from Politics.

On the plus side though, now I'm not listening after 8 anymore I'm missing the stupid Jokes Monday and the Fair City with Daniel stuff and that makes Ian's show far better!!!

Actually, I reckon Jokes Monday is on a par with Joe Duffy's Funny Friday...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

squonk wrote: »
    Actually, I reckon Jokes Monday is on a par with Joe Duffy's Funny Friday...

Repeated jabs in the eye with a burning spike are on a par with Funny Friday, except there are circumstances where being jabbed in the eye with a burning spike might not cripple the will to live.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Bondvillain

I heard it the other morning when it went out live and I have to say that I thought it was pretty funny, & I found it contained more observations on the personalities of Harrington and Keating than on the intricacies of the Lisbon treaty, in fairness.

The kind of people who immediately responded to the show (and to the star) to say it was helpful and more clear than the governmental explanations of the treaty are pretty likely to be the type of braindead mutant who Rings Joe Duffy to sing a song about the Magdalene laundries to the tune of Finnegan's wake, or the type of gobsh*te who still smugly handwrites "Dustin" on their polling card on election day in an attempt to be humorous and rebellious (and failing at both) .

I mean, Jesus, It was just a comedy sketch.

Im not sure that type of person go goes out of their way to shower that kind of hyperbole on what was just a 3 minute gag should really be voting anyway, to be honest. It goes a long way to explaining the career of Jackie Healy Rae.

Advertisement