Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Triton T80xr problem

Options
  • 30-09-2009 8:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭

The shower will run for a few min and then just stop flowing water. Low Pressure light comes on. Seems to happen more in the morning than in the evening. I ran it for about 5 min last night with no problems but the last 2 mornings I have been caught out with it cutting out mid shower.

http://www.showerdoc.co.uk/shower-sp...ton/T80XR.html

Would it possibly be the solenoid valve over heating and closing up?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

where are you living. as you said low pressure seems to be the problem and is the most common t80 problem

This is backed up by a couple of lines you say,

Pressure will be low at peak times.

Dublin and galway is the only know places that the T80 works and does not necessary always work.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

where are you living. as you said low pressure seems to be the problem and is the most common t80 problem

This is backed up by a couple of lines you say,

Pressure will be low at peak times.

Dublin and galway is the only know places that the T80 works and does not necessary always work.

its totally gone now...no water

I ohmed out the solenoid coil and its gone open circuit. New solenoid needed.

Yes but where are you living and your only making the problem worse it seems.

Yes but where are you living and your only making the problem worse it seems.

Naas. The Low Pressure light comes on due to their being no flow of water because of the failed soilenoid, I guess..!!!

Why do you say I'm making the problem worse?

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    Naas. The Low Pressure light comes on due to their being no flow of water because of the failed soilenoid, I guess..!!!

Why do you say I'm making the problem worse?

No the low pressure light most likely comes on because of the low pressure. As far as i remember the purpose of the solenoid is to open to let water through, it is fail safe close. It has no bearing on the water or water pressure.

You might need to get a T450 booster pump of change the whole set up for a T90

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

This is a direct mains feed shower? I had a problem with one of these before and it was to do with the main pipe going into the shower...How old is it?

sorted lads...it was the solenoid

• Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

Lex,

Did you have to replace it and how much did it cost?

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    sorted lads...it was the solenoid

great well done

Advertisement