Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bolton away

Options
  • 30-09-2009 9:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭

Thoughts, comments, predictions? Apparently we have never won there? thought we did once back in the 90's. Tough game, they actually had some better results in the last two weeks. A real test, id probably be happy with a point just to keep us moving along but a win would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

This is a tough call. Historically I've expected much but we've never delivered, which stinks cos I hated Bolton under Allardyce. They're not a particularly good team though they've been scoring a few goals of late, and they're quite physical, so I'd also be quite happy with a point. Naturally enough I'd prefer another 5 goal hammering but a draw and no further injuries will do nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

1-3 Keane,defoe & kranjcar all to get on the score sheet crouch to less then impress and 3 points to keep us going:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

defo think spurs should do it, hopefully Robbie Keane gets a few, ive put him in my dream team after getting 4 goals last weekend!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

For a number of years Bolton have had a very physical approach. Previous Spurs teams have been a little on the soft side and results have gone against us, because IMO we've bottled it.

I think the difference this time round can be summed up in one word ...Palacios.

If Wilson has a good game, then we'll win. Also the two CB's will have to be extra concentrated for Bolton's aerial attack.

2-1 is my prediction. Lennon & Crouch.

COYS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 peterkeegan

i think 2-1 to the spurs with if our midfield does its job Palacios tackling hard will be pivotal but if huddlestone is playing maybe a few decent balls to the feet of keane while their backline is busy worring about crouch could cause problems and the usual problems Lennon causes on the wing opening up their backline :D come on ye spurs

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

0-2 to spurs. crouch and keane to score

i think defoe will be left on bench this weekend. harry will use his finger problem as a reason

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭whitey21

I think is a game for crouch, pav and palacious to shine!

pav wont get a look in man

palacious always shines

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Morale is low at Bolton. Not gonna put a score on it but I'll predict a big win.

Hopefully confidence is as high in the team as it is here!!

• Advertisement

of course it is. they went out against burnley knowing full well they should be able to beat them at least 3-0. we are doing well on our travels this season

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Big test for us. Crap record at Bolton, mainly due to being bullied out of it by them. Id expect Crouch to play for his aerial ability, would'nt be suprised to see Dawson start too for the same reason, although he might be a little short at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

I wouldn't be to disappointed with a draw considering our record at there place but as mickman said we're doing well on our travels this season,I have a feeling Keano will strike again.:)

It looks like we'll be missing JD for the weekend, so a start for Crouchy and Pav on the bench, most likely.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_5597017,00.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭StillRickyVilla

match them physically, crouch, palacacios, hudd & daws thru the middle, then once its opened up, our class tells 0-2 to Spurs

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

i wont say clean sheet but i'll go as far to say 3-1. Crotch, lennon and hudd all to score

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Iraqgoals has this listed. Anyone got a sopcast channel?

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭ohnoigotsick

Tottenham:
    Cudicini,
    Corluka, Huddlestone, Bassong, Assou-Ekotto,
    Lennon, Jenas, Palacios, Kranjcar,
    Keane, Crouch.

Subs: Gomes, Hutton, Bale, Bentley, Naughton, Defoe, Dawson.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Wigan are currently 1-0 up.

Niko's a yiddo :D 1 all. What's wrong with Gomes atm?

• Advertisement

we really have to stop giving away stupid free kicks. Just inviting pressure on the back four.

Theyre winning everything in the air that comes into our box and when we do clear the ball we are just gicing it straight back to them.

Come on lads play a bit more possession to keep the pressure off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

lets hope we can get the ball down 2nd half lets out football these long ball merchants,with any justice football will win the day COYS

By the way do Bolton fans actually do anything like maybe think of a song or two they are just bloody useless,dont deserve to be in the big league. :D

Dawson and Gomes are meant to be healthy =/ They should really be on the pitch.

2-1 to Bolton. Fúcksake. We're a shambles today.

Well we played ****e in the first half and came out a little better in the second, and in the end I'm happy enough with a draw. Gomes and Dawson back for our next game please.

very disappointing,never looked like we wanted to win it 2 points dropped as far as i am concerned,BAE chickened out for the second goal not good enough,crouch should have put away one of his opportunities.

Our defending was brutal. The amount of free kicks, corners and long throws we kept giving away was schoolboy.

No-one really stood out for us. Bolton could have easily won it.

I thought the ref was a bit of a 'homer'. Wasn't the best thread I watched but looked like Crouch could have had two penalties late on. Will watch again later tonight on the box.

Not sure why Daws did'nt play. Surely he would have been better than Hudd at CB.

daws isnt fully fit yet and harry dont want to risk him

for the second goal BAE was trying to hold off davies and waiting for cudicini to come and punch the ball away. but cudicini being 5 foot tall only couldnt get there in time.

every time a set play happens, cudicini is there trying to move around the big men in the box, hopping off them and then being way too small to get to the ball. if harry plays him one more game then im throwing the hat in on the season. gomes is big, strong, taller than most strikers and has long hands to palm the ball away.

on a good note , two weeks till next game, modric, woodie and king should be back.

we were afraid to win today, whenever we leveleed we sat back. i thought jenas played well again

palacious has to stop fouling, he runs into players for no reason at all

what about defoe. on the pitch for 1 minute and tests the keeper, keane didnt get a look in all day. i thought defoe was outstanding

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

These are the kind of games that we cant afford to be giving away points on. We did it way too often last season, and we better not keep doing it.

Advertisement