Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bolton away

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭curraghyid

keane looked like he was minding himself for what he considers more important matters, either that or what little pace he had is gone .
    Defoe and crouch combined well, as said earlier defending was disgraceful at times, cudicini flaps at crosses but bae made no attempt at all for the second which was disappointing .
    bolton played to their strenghts bullying us off the ball and dictating the type of game but fortunately we managed to convert 2 of the few chances ,crouch was desperately unlucky not to score.could easily have lost a point gained.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Bolton is a sh1thole.

We played gash for large parts today, i still cannot believe cudicini is preferred to gomez. On me way home thru birmingham airport, will expand on this post when i can be arsed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

On the positive side.....

Horrible fixture. Delighted to be done with it.
    Very happy with the way we came back twice. Showed some good caricter.
    Normally you'd expect most Spurs teams to be rolled over in these games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

we have pompey away in two weeks time. they are doing better now so it will be another tough one

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

+ 1

Obviously would have preferred 3 points, Goalkeeping was very dodgy too but beyond that coming back from behind away is something we would not have been expecting this time last season. It's a sign of a much improved set of balls on the team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Agree,last season or the one before we would have lost that game,at least now we are showing a bit of battle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭StillRickyVilla

After hearing we'd gone behind twice, i was v.happy with the point. We would have definitely lost that one in years gone by. Was strange to see Gomez out (would have def prevented the 2nd goal) and Daws too (would have probably prevented the 1st goal!).

p.s glad to see Darren Bent doing so well, he only needed a decent run & support from the fans, I see he's topping the PL goal-scoring charts with Sunderland - well done Benty

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

Was great that we kept going after going behind twice but I think we accept the "moral victory" too easy. These are the games we need to win if we are to push the top teams. We should see this as two points dropped rather than one gained.

Cuddicini is not good enough - he was second choice at Chelski for 45 years for a reason, we are seeing why now. Put him back on the bench where he has spent most of his career. Maybe he's great crack and that why Chelski left him there for so long because from what I have seen its not for his goalkeeping.

Hudd was destroyed - not a centre half, though tries his best was not good enough. We need to either hope Daws/Bassong works as a partnership or buy in Jan. We could fill a small hospital with the amnt of injured CB we have. Think its time to look at Ledley/Woody as purely cover.

Keane was terrible, doesnt seem to be able to play with Crouch. Should have been taken off earlier.

Crouch - had an ok game but the bit that gets to me is that he didnt do the most important thing a striker should do and score. I think he should have had at least two and potentially three on sat. Constantly hearing this "he's a great touch for a big man" - thats crap he either has a great touch or he hasnt and he seem to struggle to control the ball in the tight confines of the pen area. One of his chances he had to take three touchs to get it under control just outside six yard box and then his shot was blocked. Quicker feet and it was a goal. Just not sure on him yet.

BAE and Cuddicini for the second Bolton goal were a disgrace. I watched my son play an under 7 match on sat morning and seen more committment and bottle from 7 year olds putting their bodies on the line even at that age for the love of the game than either of them paid professionals showed for that goal. Hope they look at the replay and are ashamed of the cowardly efforts they made.

Anyway that was some rant..

Still love the Spurs though...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Some excellent points Mark.
    As much as i have slaughtered gomes in the passed, im shocked harry didnt play him on sat. A keeper who loves to come out and catch/punch would have been ideal to deal with all there long balls.

Need to beat pompey in 2 weeks now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Decent result on a zhitty windy day at bolton with only 1 fully fit center half in the squad.

Glad to be done with that fixture. Onwards and upwards, we're 3rd tonight after playing 3 of the sky/big/top 4 in our first 8 games. We're obviously getting a lot of things right. It's by no means perfect but it's a hell of a lot better then what I've grown used to.

• Advertisement
Advertisement