Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Voting Cards

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

My da threw his out cause he thought it was just an information booklet.

I don't think the booklet with the proposed bill was attached last time and this time was probably not a good idea to include it with the polling/voting card. They could've sent them out seperate even.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

panda100 wrote: »
    On polling cards I always get two, one to my home in Limerick and one to my Dublin address?
    Would I be able to vote twice? Im not going to but Im sure there are lots of people that can get away with this.

I'm pretty sure some jail time would be involved...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

I'm pretty sure some jail time would be involved...

There is always the Pat "Two Votes" O'Connor defence: you intentionally spoiled one to make sure nobody personated you, thus defending the integrity of the system. Worked for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Agent J

At a rough rough guess i would say 65% of the polling cards i recieved on a station yesterday the booklets werent even opened.

I would also say a higher percentage then would be normal didnt have polling cards as well. (Before i get any conspiracy theorists, A polling card is informational only, show me some decent ID and you are on the register and its all fine).

I think a fair few people must have dismissed them as junk mail because they werent the normal piece of card that is sent out.

The booklets attached to the polling cards only served to confuse people more. Next time sent them seperately.

Advertisement