Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golf lessons

Options
  • 30-09-2009 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm a golfing beginner (played 6 or 7 rounds, taken 4 group lessons) looking to get some one-on-one lessons to remind me of the basics re grip, address position etc., correct my (terrible) swing and get me a point where I can drive the ball somewhat effectively at least half of the time!

I was thinking of getting lessons at the Greystones Driving Range - was down there at the weekend and it looks like there are various different instructors that will give lessons there.

Anyone got any recommendations / past experiences to share?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭villager

don't know about the driving range but i have heard good things about the pro up in greystones golf club, several friends of mine have used him. does not get too technical.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭MiniGolf

Playing for just over 2 years and began to get terrible!!!
    I went to Nicki Rombaldi who teaches in the driving range and Kilcoole GC. He changed my swing (to a proper one!!) and I have improved by a huge amount...... you really MUST put in the practice though!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭tiptap

I would recommend Nicki Rombaldi also, but as above, the lessons are only worth taking if you're going to do the work at the driving range yourself. I know he does a package, 6 lessons. If you take a 10 day break in between each lesson and work on what he's showed you in the previous lesson on the driving range, I think you'll notice a huge improvement. He has some nice and simple drills which work.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭mirrorball

villager wrote: »
    don't know about the driving range but i have heard good things about the pro up in greystones golf club, several friends of mine have used him. does not get too technical.

I'll second that - Karl is excellent and very reasonably priced.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭darsar

My old neighbour, a pro, who won the West Of Ireland in 2004 is now doing lessons in this area. I have his number if anybody wants it, PM me

http://www.independent.ie/sport/golf/mcdonald-holds-his-nerve-in-west-shootout-175903.html

Jamegg

• Advertisement
Advertisement