Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

We Found A Dog...! Have you lost him..?

Options
  • 30-09-2009 11:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 468 ✭✭

My neighbour needs a bit of a hand reuniting a dog with its owner. Its a golden retriever which he found wandering in Cappagh Park last Monday night. The dog had a blue leash on him... He took him to the Ark Vets yesterday and the dog is chipped. He contacted the breeder who is in Waterford. He said he might have records to ID the person he sold the pup to.... The dog is approx 2 years old and has very good people skills .... In other words hes very friendly and placid. Ive been given babysitting duty today so I am going to take him for a walk on the Prom..

Id hate to think that this fella was dropped off but I doubt it if he had his leash on him... Both myself and the neighbour both work so we cant really look after this fella long term .. I also hate to think that some family is without their beloved pet..... And if you come and claim this dog you better have the correct credentials ... as said in another thread that feckin horse fair is coming up and this fella better not be going to it capish....?
    3967989063_5108d66694.jpg

Please not the wifes favorite flower pot... ahhh bo**ox...!
    3968757552_cd0fa53428.jpg

Any Ideas People who owns this lovely Retriever...?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Aw he's gorgeous!

Glad this isn't another lost dog thread... it's a "found" dog thread :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭qwytre

Worth also contacting Galway Bay Fm to see if anyone is looking for the dog..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭ukgalwaymcguire

Hi i have seen this dog around my estate, (An Cimin Mor cappagh road) he belongs to someone on my estate as i have seen him on the field opposite my house and i think (not sure) i remember someone walking him..
    strangly enough i found a kitten last night

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Rylan

I want to adopt him.:):):) gorgeous dog. Hope you find the owner. You can have the use of my back yard where he can mingle during the day with two other dogs if you can't look after him until owners are found.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭Sconsey

I think that could be my cousins dog, she lives at the end of the Cappagh road, her dog is female, can you confirm/deny the dog you have is male?

I've seen her dog chew through flower pots just like in the photo :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 468 ✭✭VanhireBoys

Sconsey wrote: »
    I think that could be my cousins dog, she lives at the end of the Cappagh road, her dog is female, can you confirm/deny the dog you have is male?

I've seen her dog chew through flower pots just like in the photo :)

Definitely a male dog....! Thanks for the replies so far .. He just has the legs walked off me on the prom....! Very obidient and well behaved.. Didnt bother with other dogs and people... I have him fed and watered and hes chilled out on the decking now....!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 johnjoe86

Will you let him go, he's not your dog! he can find his own way home.

johnjoe86 wrote: »

He'd find his way to Ballinasloe, that's what.

johnjoe86 wrote: »

NO!!! what the op is doing is being a totally responsible and kind person,

im in the same position with a kitten found last night, if he lets the dog go, and something happens to the dog (cars traffic as mentioned by xiney ballinasloe fair!!) what then?

anyone who looses a animal would prefer to collect the animal from a kind person who has fostered it, i think the op should be commended for his kindness if anything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 johnjoe86

I disagree.

• Advertisement

well, nobody will ever accuse you of being responsible towards animals so.

And frankly, if you reply again I'm just going to take it for granted that you're trolling.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

I wouldn't say trolling tbh.

The dog's obviously got an owner in the area.
    Put up/look out for posters, or take him walking and see where he goes, or if someone recognises him and comes up to you.
    Probably ran off on the owner (kids?) and went for a wander.

What is it with Cappagh animals and boardsies this week?

po0k wrote: »
    I wouldn't say trolling tbh.
    taken in context with some of his other posts...

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

OP, please post in the big Lost/Found thread too
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=62299459

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Pye

I suggest phoning your local dog warden and animal welfare and giving in the details in case anyone has rang in.

Also you could put the details on http://www.lostandfound.ie

The people at http://www.irishanimals.ie may also be of further assistance if you need someone to take care of him.

Good luck. You did the right thing! ^^

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Fair play to you and your neighbour OP for taking him in.

I cant imagine he is abandoned since he still has the collar.
    Although it is happening a lot lately

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

You could try contacting MADRA, too. www.madra.ie.

For those oher pet owners out ther, Timmons' in Corbettcourt and the Pet Shop n Quay Street both do the tags for collars, with both the animals name and the owners contact number. We've found it brilliant when our fella used to wander off; people always contacted us when they found him.

Op, i just showed the photo of the dog to my children (age 11 and 15).
    they have both said they have seen him in An Cimin Mor, and my eldest says she has seen him many times in cappagh park ALONE as he always comes up to her... not sure if this is any help but best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

this may be silly, but should the chip not have the owners information stored on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Well done for taking it in. Your first obligation is to notify the Guards. At very least the owners are idiots in that they have not notified a change of ownership for the chip & not attached an ID disk to the collar. It begs the question of whether the owner will be bothered to trace the dog.

I know of a similar incident with a Lab puppy. A friend went to a great deal of trouble to trace the owner & didn't even get a thank you. Needless to say the pup is still allowed to roam.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Hi i have seen this dog around my estate, (An Cimin Mor cappagh road) he belongs to someone on my estate as i have seen him on the field opposite my house and i think (not sure) i remember someone walking him..
    strangly enough i found a kitten last night
    Maybe they're having a "freaky Friday" moment where there any ancient talismans that you could see of where you found him.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭gaillimheach

Ring the Gardaí in Salthill, the pound, the GSPCA, Galway Bay FM, speak to local shops and put signs up there....

Fair play to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 468 ✭✭VanhireBoys

Thanks for all your replies and we have acted on the most of them...!

I have some news.. The neighbour was contacted again by the breeder in Waterford who gave him the details of the person he sold the pup to... That fella was moving abroad so sold the dog on again and gave the contact details of the owner who is up about the top of Cappagh road...!

When the neighbour contacted this person and said we had the dog he was delighted as he was understandably worried sick...!

Alls well that ends well.... A big thanks to you all.....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Alls well that ends well.... A big thanks to you all.....:)
    Brilliant, well done.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement