Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Needaticket.ie

Options
  • 30-09-2009 11:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

For soem reason I can't seem to access the gigs & events page but I have a question about needaticket.ie, hope it's alright to ask it here.

Has anybody used this site before to buy tickets?

I ordered and paid for 3 Pixies tickets (400 quid) about 2 weeks ago but they still haven't arrived. I called them today and was told a guy named 'Paul' would meet me outside the Olympia. I even paid 10 quid delivery charge so don't understand why they weren't sent.

I got a dodgy feeling so asked the guy could I not pick then up myself at the Olympia and he said no, that he would pick them up and meet me outside.

What the hell??????

Anybody help me out here??? This screams dodgy to me. I think I need to call teh credit card company and see if I can reclim my money.

F*ck. I am so freaked out about this.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

You are banned from G/E. I am not aware of the reason why. I'll unban you and move this thread there.

This site has a seriously bad reputation. I would be amazed if you get these tickets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Beetlebum

I feel like an idiot..I was so excited about seeing the Pixies and have been listening to nothing but Doolittle for the past few weeks.

I bought the other tickets as presents and was willing to live on noodles and thin air cause they cost so much but it's only worth it if this f*cker shows up.

He said he'd post them, then he said I'll meet you outside. I asked him when he had planned on telling me they weren't being posted and he said 'I was gonna call you'. I told him the tickets were booked on my friends credit card who's a bloke and I'm clearly a girl and he doesn't even have my number...he went silent..

I feel so sad and angry and freaked

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055563507

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055044491

Just some reviews from boards.

A good rule is, if they are selling a ticket at way over face value - don't buy it. Like someone else said on another thread, just because they have an office and a website does not mean they are nothing but money grabbing touts.

Let us know what happens with the tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Reginald P. DuM

I used this crowd to get a badly wanted ticket to a major European sporting event a few years back. I stupidly did no research into their credibilty and went ahead and paid a little over double the face value price for a single ticket.

I wanted to be there so money wasn't the prime motivation. In the week approaching the event by the Tuesday there was still no sign of the ticket they had promised to post out to me, so I called them up and spoke to a very relaxed fella who assured me I'd have the ticket by Friday.

I did get it on the Friday, cutting it fine or what!! It was a valid ticket albeit not in a great section of the stadium.

Moral of the story they did deliver what they said they would so go along to the venue and see what happens. As well as over-charging, nae ripping off people, they seem to enjoy keeping their unfortunate customers on the brink of a nervous breakdown. If they can't post them out it's probably due to the fact they aren't in possession of your tickets yet.

I wouldn't ever reccommend them but your committed financially now anyway so you may as well.. If they fail to come up with the goods go mental on them. And get a mobile number of the dude who says he'll meet you there. Hope you enjoy the show!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Beetlebum

I used this crowd to get a badly wanted ticket to a major European sporting event a few years back. I stupidly did no research into their credibilty and went ahead and paid a little over double the face value price for a single ticket.

I wanted to be there so money wasn't the prime motivation. In the week approaching the event by the Tuesday there was still no sign of the ticket they had promised to post out to me, so I called them up and spoke to a very relaxed fella who assured me I'd have the ticket by Friday.

I did get it on the Friday, cutting it fine or what!! It was a valid ticket albeit not in a great section of the stadium.

Moral of the story they did deliver what they said they would so go along to the venue and see what happens. As well as over-charging, nae ripping off people, they seem to enjoy keeping their unfortunate customers on the brink of a nervous breakdown. If they can't post them out it's probably due to the fact they aren't in possession of your tickets yet.

I wouldn't ever reccommend them but your committed financially now anyway so you may as well.. If they fail to come up with the goods go mental on them. And get a mobile number of the dude who says he'll meet you there. Hope you enjoy the show!!

Thank you, that made me feel a little calmer.

I'm gonna go along (although I've to travel across the counrty to get there!) and hope to Jebus he shows up. If not, I will cry into my pint in the nearest pub in the hopes someone feels sorry for me and gives me their ticket...heh

I've stressed about it all day so I'm just gonna relax and go with it. I'll have fun in Dublin anyway and no point freaking myself out when I can't control it. If he doesn't show, then I will go f*cking CRAZY!!! It's best to go crazy after the fact though I guess..

Here's hoping that doesn't happen

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭bacon?

*AVOID* :mad:

used this shower, as i was really stuck for a well know rock gig that sold out in seconds...

i paid for the higher priced standing ticket... which was supposed to be posted out to me... had to meet this tout outside the gig, and it was for the worst seats in the house, unreserved circle in the olympia....

paid, 180 for a ticket that cost 60.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 delboy04

Hi

I read this post the other day and it sent the shivers up me as I too was waiting for needaticket to deliver two pixies standing tickets tonight. Anyway after reading the posts I rang needaticket about collecting tickets and explained my problem i.e i do not trust them after reading online about them. Guy says he will see what he can do and will call me back later. He rings back Thursday Afternoon and explains to me that if I want I can collect from their office anytime Friday, so in I went Friday morning and collected tickets no problems however I told the guy about what is written online about them. He then explains to me that are never going to be good things written about them nature of the business but 99 times out of a hundred their are no problems and that sometimes tickets are received too late to be delivered. Anyway all is well that ends well The Pixies were brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Reginald P. DuM

Did you meet Beetlebum there by any chance!!

delboy04 wrote: »
    Hi

I read this post the other day and it sent the shivers up me as I too was waiting for needaticket to deliver two pixies standing tickets tonight. Anyway after reading the posts I rang needaticket about collecting tickets and explained my problem i.e i do not trust them after reading online about them. Guy says he will see what he can do and will call me back later. He rings back Thursday Afternoon and explains to me that if I want I can collect from their office anytime Friday, so in I went Friday morning and collected tickets no problems however I told the guy about what is written online about them. He then explains to me that are never going to be good things written about them nature of the business but 99 times out of a hundred their are no problems and that sometimes tickets are received too late to be delivered. Anyway all is well that ends well The Pixies were brilliant

Yes the nature of their business is touting and all well if you want to throw money away for no good reason.

There was loads of tickets on toutless for all shows i sold two on friday on their for face value no problems.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

delboy04 wrote: »
    Hi

99 times out of a hundred there are no problems? But it must be just that tiny 1 percent that find their way online to complain? Somehow I doubt it.

They're touts. Touts with an office, but touts none the less.

The sooner these sort of operations are out of business the better for real music fans everywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭ko4jm6y9iwv2lc

lordgoat wrote: »
    There was loads of tickets on toutless for all shows i sold two on friday on their for face value no problems.

In fairness toutless is a good idea in principal. However you're not going to get people selling tickets on there for a sold out concert where there is a massive demand for tickets e.g Pixies. I bet there where hundreds off people on toutless looking for Pixies tickets and I doubt one person put a ticket up for sale. Sometimes you just gotta go with touts!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

I don't know the exact numbers but there were several people who sold tickets to the Pixies shows on Toutless and eh... lordgoat said he sold two on it in the post you quoted so there was at least 2 sold on it. :D

Of course there was more people looking than tickets were available but I don't think enough tickets existed to match the demand for Pixies.

The thread is archived here if you want to look through it.

I'm going to stay out of the rest of the conversation here because I think my feelings on touts and people who use touts are pretty well recorded at this point. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭ko4jm6y9iwv2lc

Toast wrote: »
    I don't think enough tickets existed to match the demand for Pixies.

Isnt that the case with all sold out concerts though? Its the limited supply of tickets that creates the market for the touts to sell at inflated prices.
    Toast wrote: »
    Lordgoat said he sold two on it in the post you quoted so there was at least 2 sold on it.

Sorry I misread his original quote. Its good people used toutless to sell tickets for the Pixies. Its a good idea for a website.

Im just saying as much as people hate touts, they do provide a service and if people are prepared to pay their prices thats their choice to make.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭irishvamp90

How is this company allowed operate?Put up the address of the office lets name and shame these fcukers

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

How is this company allowed operate?Put up the address of the office lets name and shame these fcukers
    They aren't doing anything illegal.

In fairness toutless is a good idea in principal. However you're not going to get people selling tickets on there for a sold out concert where there is a massive demand for tickets e.g Pixies. I bet there where hundreds off people on toutless looking for Pixies tickets and I doubt one person put a ticket up for sale. Sometimes you just gotta go with touts!

To me this is never an option. I have never used a tout and have never missed a gig i want to see. Yes i've been lucky but to me touts are.... well i can't finished that sentence.

Yes i would rather miss a gig than pay an over the top fee. People say it's the demand for tickets that give touts a market, i say this is bollocks it's the ****ty attitude of people that allow themselves to throw money away. If no one bought tickets from a tout for a month or two i have no doubts that they would no longer be scrounging off society outside venues.

I've been to gigs all over the world and Ireland/Dublin have by far the worst problem with touts. They are pretty much non existent in countries like scotland which is not that far away...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

I bought a ticket for the Wednesday night Pixies gig on Toutless. And saw a few more getting snapped up on there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Isnt that the case with all sold out concerts though? Its the limited supply of tickets that creates the market for the touts to sell at inflated prices..

I know I said I was going to try and keep out of this but just to reply to this point. From what I've seen it is actually not the case for alot of sold out concerts.

Alot of the larger concerts it seems that there are usually enough people who've to get rid of tickets as to fill the demand of those that want them. Occasionaly theres even more people who are trying to get rid of them than want them. Unfortunately this is probably more of the case this year simply because people have to sell their tickets due to issues related to the recession but the point remains that assuming that you HAVE to pay more for a sold out gig is what allowed the tout culture to flourish here.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭buckwheat

I've used them once to buy Killers tickets for the RDS Feb last year. Had no probs

• Advertisement

buckwheat wrote: »
    I've used them once to buy Killers tickets for the RDS Feb last year. Had no probs

Apart from paying well over the asking price for the ticket that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Qprmeath

I bought tickets for the last Pink Dublin gigs from them on Ebay for the gigs earlier in the year and paid well under the face value. No problems with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 sabrina murphy

hi myself and my husband really wanted to go the groove armada but all the standing tickets were gone (but sitted were still availiable on ticketmaster for 37euro) so against our better judgement we got 4 STANDING tickets on needaticket.ie for 15euro over the price for us and freinds.So the day of the gig we got our ticket even though we booked them months before hand and they were SITTED tickets.I rang need a ticket and his reply was "what do you want me to do about it" and would not give us a refund.Who wants to sit at a dance gig????? He was such rude guy and we didnt get what we paid for so PLEASEEEEE for ur own good dont get tickets from NEDDATICKET.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 MABUR

BOUGHT A TICKET FOR LADY GAGA LAST NITE,ORDERED IT ON 27TH SEP(A MONTH AGO) KEPT RINGING ASKIN FOR MY TICKET AND WAS FOBBED OFF..PAID DELIVERY CHARGE OF 10euR TOO..THEN YEST,DAY OF THE CONCERT RANG AND WAS TOLD HAD TO COLLECT TICKET FROM CLARION HOTEL IFSC..ARRIVED AND SOME aHOLE WAS THERE WITH A SEATED TICKET AND I ASKED NUMEROUS TIMES ON THE FONE UPON BOOKING THAT IT WAS STANDING AND WAS TOLD YES..COULDNT SIT ON MY OWN AND FRIENDS WERE ALL STANDING!!!sO ANGRY AT THE IDIOTS ATTITUDE NOT MENTION THE 110 FOR A TICKET I COULD USE..AS FOR THE OTHER RUDE PERSON(PROBABLY CALLED GEROID OR WHATEVER NAME HE GIVES ON THE DAY) WORD ADVICE NOBODY MAKE THE MISTAKE I DID AND BOOK ANYTHING WITH NEED A TICKET..DISGRACEFUL THEY CAN GET AWAY WITH THIS........SOOOOOOOO ANNOYED :mad:

OK I'M LOCKING THIS THREAD. THIS WEBSITE IS NOT RECOMMENCED IN ANY WAY AND WILL NOT BE ADVERTISED IN GIGS/EVENTS FROM HERE ON.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement