Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nursing Courses in Aus/NZ

Options
  • 30-09-2009 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭

We are keen to make the move down under but my wife had plans to go back to college to become a nurse after I finished college. She would like to go to nursing college when we move but we are not sure about the whole process. Has anybody done this when they moved, I know it will be fairly expensive but dont have any exact figures.
    I'm doing some research of my own but its hard to beat hearing from people who have been in this position.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

well it's probably gonna be about $3-5000 per year, for a three year degree, depending on where you go and all that. but that's only if you're already resident.

i know i was gonna apply for a course, a one year diploma thing, and it was something like $3000 as a resident... or $17,000 as a non-resident.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭BlackEdelweiss

I dident know there was such a difference if you were a resident, that would make a big difference. The figures I found for Perth uni was about €40000 or more for an international student.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

well, the place i would most likely go if i ws going back to study is CPIT (or the polytech), and here's their pricething for a bachelor in nursing..

http://www.cpit.ac.nz/subjects/nursing/programmes?a=39538

check out different institutions and all that, but i dont imagine they'll be hugely different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭tallaght01

I'm doing a masters degree, as an international student. It's only a year long, but has cost me about 23k (that's dollars)

Advertisement