Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Berget 8 - 2010

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭mcshape

Lol!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

She got a little hug, a rub on the shoulder, a slap around the head; Doc's version of love.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Phractal

AAAAAH My leaving cert clashes with Berget. That, and lack of cash, leaves me with the sad announcement that I wont be attending. Instead, I will bling out ma gear for 2011 :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

TheDoc wrote: »
    she got a little hug, a rub on the shoulder, a slap around the head and some education

" Its called tan dear, now stop crying"

Nice one. Made my day. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

Plus it looks like I might be going psyops which would entail alot of infiltration and fast movement, and I dont want to be lumbered with a heavy rifle.
    You sure you can handle fast movement Doc sweetie? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,998 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

gerrowadat wrote: »
    Saving up to buy a hard case instead of a rucksack? Epic lolz.

Ha yeah, its was Devilsbreath that nearly got screwed though. Mine went through fine. God bless plastic TM rifles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

In the BE forum, StillAlive posts from Tel-Aviv:

"in B6 NATO command formed a special coy for small teams from weird, exotic places (or maybe just for small teams in general). places like Israel, Philippines, Slovenia, Ireland, Denmark, Alaska and others. don't know exactly what our beloved commanders have planned for us (judging by a pregame guard duty roster, i suspect mostly base defense), but we got lucky. we've got the best coy commander and we've got the best team to go with. and we did good.

that's how original India 1 was born. in B7 Ian had more that 100 people under his command, but the international spirit remained.

unfortunately, from what I know, there is a chance Ian won't be joining us next year, but it doesn't mean we can not do it again. next Berget BE with the new storyline giving us a chance to take control of one of the smaller sides, or at least to be a significant part of a bigger one.

let's do it! I'm calling for all our friends - India veterans and sympathizers. but not only. this is a call for all of you, who'd like to be a part of truly international team, who want to start a day with Danish coffee and finish it with unique Slovenian joke. who like to learn how to say "medic" in Hebrew, dying to know how they do it in Philippines and wondering why the Finns like word "oil" so much...

so if you are not a part of a big airsoft cohort, don't march that good, don't have any local connections and your Russian is limited your place with us.

if you do decide to join us, please write it here or drop me a PM so we can coordinate the upcoming registration.

disclaimer: good English is recommended, basic is a must."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

The Hawks are going with 15th Poldavian, Psyops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

How do we even know if there will be an India company?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

How do we even know if there will be an India company?

they do not know, from the post there saying it would be a nice idea for members of india company from B7 to get together if they want and try and primary all go on the same side/unit to recapture the previous good spirit

• Advertisement

OzCam wrote: »

let's do it! I'm calling for all our friends - India veterans and sympathizers. but not only. this is a call for all of you, who'd like to be a part of truly international team, who want to start a day with Danish coffee and finish it with unique Slovenian joke. who like to learn how to say "medic" in Hebrew,
    Khoh-Vesh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Firekitten wrote: »
    Khoh-Vesh?

toda raba ve zai tov

tbh we talked to very few people outside the Irish platoon ingame. It was mainly us complaining about blue-on-blue from the italians (and them complaining that somebody peed on their van) and watching in awe as the Israelis tore **** up.

I plan to talk to as many people as possible this year.... I don't see much point going to another nation to such a large event and keeping to my little group of friends i came with.... i see them all at home! Airsoft is a social thing... Its part of why I love it. We're planning on going to have a good time, meet people, and kick some Pavlovan ass...!

tbh we talked to very few people outside the Irish platoon ingame. It was mainly us complaining about blue-on-blue from the italians (and them complaining that James peed on their van) and watching in awe as the Israelis tore **** up.

I spoke to quite a few folks outside of the Irish platoon; friends from last year (Dane, Israeli, Slovak, Norwegian, Swede, and of course British, with a few others mixed into the bag), and a few new ones beside.

Incidentally, that wasn't me that soiled the Italian van. I was quite sober thanks, unlike the lad who did actually do it. I wont say whom out of sympathy.

Lemming wrote: »
    I spoke to quite a few folks outside of the Irish platoon; friends from last year (Dane, Israeli, Slovak, Norwegian, Swede, and of course British, with a few others mixed into the bag), and a few new ones beside.

Incidentally, that wasn't me that soiled the Italian van. I was quite sober thanks, unlike the lad who did actually do it. I wont say whom out of sympathy.

Never said it was you, I said "Somebody", not "Lemon" :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 371 ✭✭plastic_axe

back on topic you two

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

back on topic you two

epic....****ing....lols...

I completely forgot i nearly got in a row over that lols.

Aslong as I'm with hawks im happy......trying to gel with new people on the day isnt a biggy for me.

And it would just be impossible to forge the noize all over again.

epic....****ing....lols...

I completely forgot i nearly got in a row over that lols.

Aslong as I'm with hawks im happy......trying to gel with new people on the day isnt a biggy for me.
    Can't you stay in Ireland for that though? I mean... Why bother going that far to hang out with your mates? Seems a tad antisocial to me personally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

Can't you stay in Ireland for that though? I mean... Why bother going that far to hang out with your mates? Seems a tad antisocial to me personally.

Don't you know how Irish people work abroad?

Go away, stay in hotels with Irish people, eat 'Irish' breakfasts, then go to Irish pubs with Irish people, watch a GAA match dispite never liking it, then still moan about how many bleeding foreigners there are in Spain.

but this aside, i'm looking forward to getting some decent LARP in, tbh tis what airsoft's really about.

• Advertisement

Hehe, yes, quite true Sod o swords. Insularity is a byword here...

Yes, this one should be very good. I'm looking at NAF rangers myself... good bit of last stand 9th company style... I'll prepare a larp shovel just for the Pavlovans who make it past our lines!

...blue-on-blue from the italians...
    ...somebody peed on their van...

One word: Karma.

Perhaps if enough people pee on their vans next year, they'll pay more attention to what they're shooting at.:rolleyes:

Berarndo, that is brilliant :)

I can't wait for this year... its going to be awesome fun :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭Daz1214

may very well be a contingent of RATS travelling to this

Just six days now...

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭ASI Casper

Don't think I'll be going this year. I enjoyed last year enormously and it was an amazing experience, mainly thanks to everyone I was there with, however, I was at Berget in 2007 as well as this year, and as it cost me £1000 in total this year, and as I have to go to my brothers wedding in Sicily next June too, I've decided to give Berget a miss for 2010. :(

I'll perhaps return in 2011.

Enjoy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

Casper, er, get them to goto Sweden for their wedding...just a thought...

I probably won't be able to make it next year either. I'm going to dear old broken California in April, so that's probably it for the overseas trips in 2010. Damn those greedy bankers.

• Advertisement

I have my own worries and uncertanties, but I'll buy the ticket anyway, as it will be easier to get rid of a ticket later on then it will be to buy one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭markomongo

ASI Casper wrote: »
    I was at Berget in 2007 as well as this year, and as it cost me £1000 in total this year

Would all who went over the last few years or even last year reckon that this amount would be a good figure to plan your expenses on? Or what was your total spendings?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Stonewolf

If I do manage to go I might stick with some knowns for the reassurance but will probably want to only have a couple of them around and have fun communicating tactics with people I don't share a common language with.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭jinko

markomongo wrote: »
    Would all who went over the last few years or even last year reckon that this amount would be a good figure to plan your expenses on? Or what was your total spendings?

id say plan for about having about 1500 that should account for everything including transport, accomodation, food and beer

wow that a little top heavy, i know people who went comfortably for 500 - 600 euros without issue

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭jinko

true thats taking into account 3 nights in a nice hotel in stockholm city center first class rail and spare cash for the unexpected.

• Advertisement

i think they had one night at the being and one night at the end in the Sheraton so only one day less, anyway even with back up cash still easily possible to do complete trip for max 800 - 900 and thats with slashing out :)

Agree with puding. The most expensive bit of the trip for ne was the storm case :-)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,609 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

Puding wrote: »
    i think they had one night at the being and one night at the end in the Sheraton so only one day less, anyway even with back up cash still easily possible to do complete trip for max 800 - 900 and thats with slashing out :)

we actually hostelled it for the first 2 nights , not too bad , would repeat it.
    Then the sheraton for the last night - which i wouldnt have swapped for all the money in the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 941 ✭✭✭AlternateID

Agree with puding. The most expensive bit of the trip for ne was the storm case :-)

Grrr, must get a case. Where did you find it Dave?

we actually hostelled it for the first 2 nights , not too bad , would repeat it.
    Then the sheraton for the last night - which i wouldnt have swapped for all the money in the world.

stand corrected then :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Grrr, must get a case. Where did you find it Dave?

Got mine from opsgear.com.

horgan_p wrote: »

You boys had the idea.

The hotel was nice and all, and the beds were ****ing insanely comfy.

Gerrowat there is running our logistics and has a good plan, I don't think accommodation is finalized.

But it looks to be costing me around €500.

I went OTT on spending money last year, and atleast now I have a good idea of the country and to not "try" to get hammered having to fork out €100 a night on average pints which just arn't getting you any drunker.

I know its harsh times and well this might sound wrong but, its not an expensive trip, considering you have like what, till July to save up for it.

I managed to do it last year on basic wages, and plan to do it next year off part time wages.

Do yourself a quick budget and see how much you can definitly save till July, and if that figure can relate well for Sweden.

I'll even open myself up here with personal budgetry figures to help others maybe in the same boat.

I'm planning to put away €50 euro a week , every week until the last week in June.

That makes €1600 euro.

Last year cost me about €100, that included buying a €200 euro storm case, and spending €200 euro in two nights on booze and food. And I stayed in a 5 star hotel two nights. Completely unnecessary spending bar the storm case.

Already Ill be shaving €200 off my budget from last year cause I know own a stormcase.

I dont plan staying in a 5 star hotel for two nights saving me another €200. I think I'm only staying in stockholm one night before the trip to the event.

This also shaves €200 booze money.

I'm looking at between €400-€600 for the event.

I paid my money last year to see stockholm, and it was poo..so straight to event for me please.

If you have a girlfriend/wife you may have to make a tough choice between couples holiday or Sweden.

Cheap weekend breaks away, its all I'm saying.

Your woman aint ever going to love you like you rifle does.

kdouglas wrote: »
    Got mine from opsgear.com.

Ditto. Expect some annoyance with faxing IDs and that, but can't argue with those prices.

If you have a girlfriend/wife you may have to make a tough choice between couples holiday or Sweden.

Cheap weekend breaks away, its all I'm saying.

Your woman aint ever going to love you like you rifle does.
    Depends if shes going too now doesn't it? :D

Couples holiday.... AND sweden :D

and if your rifle loves you back doc.... erm, remember to use protection.... I think i have a spare PACA around here somewhere.

forgot about that ........know to find a case to fit the svd :)

Puding wrote: »
    forgot about that ........know to find a case to fit the svd :)

dimensions for stormcases here

Depends if shes going too now doesn't it? :D

Couples holiday.... AND sweden :D

and if your rifle loves you back doc.... erm, remember to use protection.... I think i have a spare PACA around here somewhere.

If I got my misses to go to Berget, and actually play, and she was as awesome at airsoft as I know she would be, I'd propose right there and then.

*sigh*

I was refering to myself... being the girlfriend thats going too... even if she was the one that suggested going this year lol.

Now If only I can find myself a boyfriend that was actually good at airsoft....

*runs*

/me coughs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Lemming wrote: »
    /me coughs
    Yeah I've seen you play... yore crap :P

/ends smack talk, as he's sh*te himself.

• Advertisement
Advertisement