Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Berget 8 - 2010

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

no more Psyops tickets left..

gheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey

Are you serious?

So how many hawks got bloody psyops lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭private.G

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

oh well, looks like it'll be Oxegen and a liver destroying week in some common European holiday spot instead.

was actually blessed cause I just stumbled on their stie by accident, thought tickets went live at 9.

Disaster for us, lots of our team couldn't get psyops :(

NAF and captured civililians are all thats left.

Over 1000 tickets booked , holy ****

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭private.G

well there is always a hope that someone wont pay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 941 ✭✭✭AlternateID

no more Psyops tickets left..

gheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey

**** **** bollox

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

and now Civilians gone too.

F
    M
    L

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭mcshape

All we could get was 5th NAF

Snooze ya loose in fairness, although it was epic bollox, cause they did the same thing last year, saying they go on sale one time, then let them loose hours earlier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

If last year is anything to go by, there'll be whopper dropouts and people looking to swap. Just get a 23rd NAF ticket and swap later. People are just booking anything for the discount and that's it.

Don't lose heart. This is but a temporary setback :-)

EDIT: For some context, look at the player list. There are 3 Irish players booked in twice just from my reading it. It's a ****fest, this'll all get cleared up when unpaid tickets lapse.

• Advertisement

Irish Players :

http://www.swearing.org/bergetplayers.html

(Updated hourly)

Its ok, we have p horgan, we just cannot loose.

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

Snooze ya loose in fairness, although it was epic bollox, cause they did the same thing last year, saying they go on sale one time, then let them loose hours earlier.

tickets seemed to go on sale at the right time?

sweden 20:00 CET. (GMT+01) so 19.00 over hear

TheDoc wrote: »
    In fairness, managed to look ike a complete dick, sitting in a wedding reception with a laptop while they served desert!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

mcshape wrote: »
    In fairness, managed to look ike a complete dick, sitting in a wedding reception with a laptop while they served desert!!!
    Classy Tim, reallll classy :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

tickets were available on the dot of 20:00 cet, 19:00 uk/ireland.
    But i'm sure there will be people swapping or selling tickets, i think the psyops was what a lot of people wanted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

TheDoc wrote: »
    Are you serious?

So how many hawks got bloody psyops lol

Holy ****.
    Looks like I got the second last Psyops ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Karrel

Hi Folks,

Im not a team menber but plan to go the to berget 8., just wondering if i could tag along?

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

There's no requirement to be in a team to go to any event short of a 'team' event like take aim.... you're welcome to grab yourself a ticket and come join the Irish contigent of I Coy 23rd NAF. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

everybodys welcome to come along

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Stonewolf

I reckon if I do get to go I wont know till it's far too late to have much choice on what I'll go for. That said, I'll likely opt for 23rd or 5th NAF anyway.

Firekitten wrote: »
    There's no requirement to be in a team to go to any event short of a 'team' event like take aim.... you're welcome to grab yourself a ticket and come join the Irish contigent of I Coy 23rd NAF. :)

Thx a million!
    i knew its not a requierment but also not cool to go alone :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭kjsaw

Looks like many unpaid tickets were just deleted. All sides have space on them now.

kjsaw wrote: »
    Looks like many unpaid tickets were just deleted. All sides have space on them now.
    yep and i have grabbed one :)

Karrel wrote: »
    Thx a million!
    i knew its not a requierment but also not cool to go alone :)
    Oh you wont be alone.. stick with the folks in this thread, and you're pretty much certain to go over with a fairly sizable group ;) we stick together.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Phractal

*sigh* it looks absolutely amazing... I can actually afford to go... But my goddamn leaving cert just happens to be in the way. *mutters about conspiracy theories involving state exams and suppression of airsoft* *twitches*. Anyways I hope y'all boys and girls that go enjoy yourselves and take lots-o-photographs of it and videos and post em up here and on youtube :D. Yes, I do want to see EXACTLY what I missed out on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭evilrobotshane

210 tickets remaining, according to this morning's update thinger. NAF forces, captured civvies and NAF and civilians available. I'm going civilian; immersive role-playing experience!

210 tickets remaining, according to this morning's update thinger. NAF forces, captured civvies and NAF and civilians available. I'm going civilian; immersive role-playing experience!

3 of us all booked and paid for NAF 5th Infantry!

Guys, Im having to pull out of berget :(
    Wife went and booked florida on the same dates so im forced to go on the hulk 14 days in a row instead....

So, I dont want to lose the 126 euro i have paid so far, so if anyone is looking for a ticket for the 5th Naf with a full paid up meal ticket let me know!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Sorry you cant come, but I think florida comes a fairly close second to actually going to Berget, so not the worst case.

If you've no luck here, I think there is a for sale section on the berget forums. Or you could try ASI and Arnies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

Wife went and booked florida on the same dates so im forced to go on the hulk 14 days in a row instead....

hairdryer.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

You could do a bit of research on Airsoft in florida and see if there are sites that do rentals nearby.

Then, and this is the tricky bit, try to convince the wife to give you one day of airsoft to make up for her obvious lack of care about your feelings.

It won't be easy but at least you will have airsofted in the States and can brag about it when you get back.

Its worth a try. As my grandad used to say "A dumb priest never got a parish"

Theres the recondo nam LRRP training site in the everglades :D

Well i have checked and there is a nice big US Army PX near where we are going, Soing everyone will be getting ACU Presents! :D Your right I dont feel so bad missing berget for florida, and the wife has said if i find some airsoft site or shooting range i want to go to over there i can! :D , Not tu upgrade the rental Chevy Jeep to a Hummer.... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

Well i have checked and there is a nice big US Army PX near where we are going

Will you be able to get someone to sign you on to the base and in to the PX?

Also, use your favourite search engine to look for "Airsoft +Florida", there's an airsoft scene down there.

OzCam wrote: »
    Will you be able to get someone to sign you on to the base and in to the PX?

Also, use your favourite search engine to look for "Airsoft +Florida", there's an airsoft scene down there.

Yes, a friend of mine is a master seargent, Im just hoping he is home in florida then!

and the wife has said if i find some airsoft site or shooting range i want to go to over there i can! :D , Not tu upgrade the rental Chevy Jeep to a Hummer.... :D
    Such an airsofter....:rolleyes:

Firekitten wrote: »
    Such an airsofter....:rolleyes:

Ill take that as a compliment! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Longsword_CZ

Hear, hear!
    After two years on Berget as "social cases" (infantry ;) ) me and my buddy Don JJ decided for this year huge change: on-game car. So far we have car, we are going to prepare her for "heavy duty" (secure frame, all-terrain tires, khaki/OD paint, GPS, lockable canopy, masking net and for game more important: airsoft version of M2 on the roof), but so far we haven't a crew.
    So consider this as recruitment for our team.
    We can offer you lifetime experience on Berget game, delivery of practically all luggage, included guns, safely on site and back, opportunity to play as part of experienced crew and, of course, have lot of fun with M2 ;)
    Everybody is welcome, only one conditions are: we are going as one team, as part of 23th NAF regiment!
    Who is interested? Let us know, here, on PM, e-mail (Longsword_CZ (at) yahoo.co.uk) or ICQ (147637224). Thanks and see you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Hear, hear!
    After two years on Berget as "social cases" (infantry ;) ) me and my buddy Don JJ decided for this year huge change: on-game car. So far we have car, we are going to prepare her for "heavy duty" (secure frame, all-terrain tires, khaki/OD paint, GPS, lockable canopy, masking net and for game more important: airsoft version of M2 on the roof), but so far we haven't a crew.
    So consider this as recruitment for our team.
    We can offer you lifetime experience on Berget game, delivery of practically all luggage, included guns, safely on site and back, opportunity to play as part of experienced crew and, of course, have lot of fun with M2 ;)
    Everybody is welcome, only one conditions are: we are going as one team, as part of 23th NAF regiment!
    Who is interested? Let us know, here, on PM, e-mail (Longsword_CZ (at) yahoo.co.uk) or ICQ (147637224). Thanks and see you!

Might be interested Longsword. What's the vehicle type? And is there room for another MG up front (front-passenger) or rear-facing out the back. Where will you be departing from as well?

• Advertisement

Just to inform folks.

Within 72 hours of having my ticket on the berget forum, I got 7 pms. Thy dont run adverts like here where its on thread, you just get a barrage of emails and pms.

My psyops ticket is sold, and they are in high demand and limited supply, nows the time to get your psyops ticket up there for sale if your not going :)

I'll be putting mine up in the next few days, once I iron out some creases with paypal.
    So if anyone is interested, let me know.

I got a Civilians ticket which I'm fairly happy with, but PsyOps was my first choice and I get the impression that part of the Berget experience is hanging around with your buddies. How's it work if I want to switch and there's a full PsyOps ticket being sold?

I got a Civilians ticket which I'm fairly happy with, but PsyOps was my first choice and I get the impression that part of the Berget experience is hanging around with your buddies. How's it work if I want to switch and there's a full PsyOps ticket being sold?

The owner of the ticket contacts berget staff who transfer the ticket over to the new player, for a fee of €10.

So basically I'd have to buy the ticket outright, and then sell my own?

Shane, if you want mine I'd rather see it go to someone I know first.
    So if you're interested in it, you can test the water for your civilian ticket on the market place, and if you can flog it, I'd happily sell you my Psyops ticket.

That's deadly, thanks very much. I'll get right on that and let you know how things are looking.

Cool, drop me a pm or whatever.

Ticket ain't goin anywhere just yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 KEVIN B

will all look for 3 tickets for Poldavian team if any one selling let me know

• Advertisement

That's deadly, thanks very much. I'll get right on that and let you know how things are looking.

It should be pointed out that kdouglas and tommyboy are the only psyops left, I'm also pulling out.

Advertisement