Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Berget 8 - 2010

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

Incorrect Dave. I am gone as well.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Longsword_CZ

Lemming wrote: »
    Might be interested Longsword. What's the vehicle type? And is there room for another MG up front (front-passenger) or rear-facing out the back. Where will you be departing from as well?

Well, I´m really glad to hear it. Everybody is welcome and experienced players as You are even more! ;)
    Car is Mitsubishi L200 crew-cab (4 passengers inside + up to 5 "trunk monkeys", included one heavy machine gunner)
    Mitsubis7.jpg
    (Imagine it painted to olive drab, bigger safety cage around all the car and M2HB pointing forward.)
    Idea is: 4 peoples will drive in from Ireland (we are based in Wexford area, but we are able to collect anybody from almost all Ireland) by ferry from Dublin/Dun Laoghaire to Wales, drive to Scotland, another ferry to Oslo and drive to Berget. Total time about 48 hours, included 4, respective 28 hours on boats. Rest of peoples just give bags to the car and fly "lightweight" from Dublin to Stockholm, where rent a car and drive to Berget where both groups join. For them is traveling time 4,5 hours flight + 6 hours driving. Last year we did it this way and we was from Wexford to Berget site in less than 12 hours, piece of cake and good price too.
    In-game idea is simple: firepower, firepower and, more important firepower ;) Because inside car is not so much space for LMG´s, we was thinking compensate it outside, front heading M2 and four gunners in corners of trunk, LMG´s are warmly welcome ;), but its not a condition, its just a suggestion.
    Still interested? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Still interested? ;)

I am currently dribbling on behalf of myself and FireKitten.

Edit: unless you're planning to hack the top-cover to bits; M2 facing front, smaller MG "loose" watching the rear for those moments when you will most definitely be doing drive-by.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Idea is: 4 peoples will drive in from Ireland (we are based in Wexford area, but we are able to collect anybody from almost all Ireland) by ferry from Dublin/Dun Laoghaire to Wales, drive to Scotland, another ferry to Oslo and drive to Berget. Total time about 48 hours, included 4, respective 28 hours on boats. Rest of peoples just give bags to the car and fly "lightweight" from Dublin to Stockholm, where rent a car and drive to Berget where both groups join. For them is traveling time 4,5 hours flight + 6 hours driving. Last year we did it this way and we was from Wexford to Berget site in less than 12 hours, piece of cake and good price too.
    )

Interesting. What ferry do you get from scotland->norway?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

K, am i the only one left in psyops now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Skatedude wrote: »
    K, am i the only one left in psyops now?

Dont worry, you will do fine, psyops are all about stealth and suprise.

2000 versus 1 is no match, easy win for ya

;)

k, so most are going with 23rd naf now?

Ay carramba! (as my favorite yellow person usually say)
    I found that ferry what I had in memory for a while for our trip to Berget was canceled for good (in this case for bad, really bad). In this moment there is no direct connection between Scandinavia and UK, after more than hundred years of daily use ... can You believe it? So, I wasted yesterday whole morning searching for alternatives. Unfortunately there is only couple of them and they ended in Denmark (and after this on wheel), witch will cost us slightly more (my first calculation was about 350€ per person, "flyers" included, now it look more close to 380-400€ :( ... and traveling time is just a little bit shorter, but days of ferry are moved, so in the end its trip from Sunday to next Wednesday. So changed road is: Rosslare to Fishguard (ferry cca 4 hours), Fishguard to Harwich (car cca 6 hours), Harwich to Esbjerg (ferry cca 18,5 hours), Esbjerg to Berget site (car cca 14,5 hours - I´m expecting break/rest time in Stockholm).

Next thing. So far it look, that 23th NAF will have one fully equipped car, me with Don JJ and Kevin a.k.a. "mobprop667", Kev B. + 2, Lemming and Firekitten (?). If anything will be like that, we need just one person and we can start make arrangements! Well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭RampantWolf

k, so most are going with 23rd naf now?

There's also a group of us from Cork going 3rd Rangers.

k, looks like i'll have to try and buy another ticket for naf 3 or 23 or i'll be on my own in psyops

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

k, looks like i'll have to try and buy another ticket for naf 3 or 23 or i'll be on my own in psyops

I'm still psyops at the moment, but ill be looking to change my ticket to be with more of the Irish crowd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

a number of Irish are civilian as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Fact is, the Irish, like lots of others, are all over the shop.

Fact is, the Irish, like lots of others, are all over the shop.

i would not call it all over the shop in a bad way , a lot of the guys i know are going for teams with scenarios they want to play that fit with there play style, to me far more important that a large group of irish in the same team just for the sack of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Jaysus, I'm just off the ball tonight!

No, I didn't mean it in a bad way....I just mean obviously an entire nations worth of players didn't sign up for the one team.

Jaysus, I'm just off the ball tonight!

No, I didn't mean it in a bad way....I just mean obviously an entire nations worth of players didn't sign up for the one team.

Dont worry dude, puding just hates the big irish crowds ;)

He cant handle the noize >:P Paul and ozzie told me so

think i'll try for the NAF 3rd Ranger Battalion, theres a fair few irish on it, plus its a small team on defence which means lots of battles without dieing in the heat of a 5 hour hike.

Might see if someone wants to swap for my psyops ticket,so far the only tickets for sale on the berget forums dont have food or transport.

Slightly disapointing as the psyops sounded like fun, but there would only be one or 2 irish on it if even that

If you buy a ticket you are able to add the food and transport option to it if they don't have it... just have to pay the difference. So don't let that put you off making an offer for one.

Lads (and gal), I need to say: I´m more than impressed. So far it´s look that our idea is supported by ten peoples, witch is great. Twelve will be better, so I´m opening our expedition for all sides! (9 for a in-game car, rest as part of trip)
    BTW I have .pdf with prices of ferry, airplane tickets and car rent in Sweden, after I find the way how to publicize them here, You can see how expensive/cheap trip it will be (and help find cheaper way, maybe).

Still no luck trying to get a new ticket. i've been checking the berget marketplace every day for a ticket, but no reply.

I've offered my psyops ticket for trade as well trying just to buy a naf 3rd bat, but either all gone or no reply to any of the pm's i've sent.
    So much for people wanting psyops

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Karrel

Hey Lads,

anybody booked the flights already?

SAS seems to be the best option, it is roughly 470 Euros:

Thu 17.Jun
    ECONOMY

2 459:-

11:05 - 14:15 DUB - CPH
    15:25 - 16:35 CPH - ARN
    17:45 - 18:35 ARN - SDL

Duration 6:30

Mon 21.Jun
    ECONOMY
    2 356:-

07:15 - 08:10 SDL - ARN
    10:20 - 12:05 ARN - DUB

Duration 05:50

Karrel wrote: »
    Hey Lads,

SAS seems to be the best option, it is roughly 470 Euros:

Thu 17.Jun
    ECONOMY

2 459:-

11:05 - 14:15 DUB - CPH
    15:25 - 16:35 CPH - ARN
    17:45 - 18:35 ARN - SDL

Duration 6:30

Mon 21.Jun
    ECONOMY
    2 356:-

07:15 - 08:10 SDL - ARN
    10:20 - 12:05 ARN - DUB

Duration 05:50

Your flights are multi-trip. You can get flights for half that price and are direct. And be sure you go to sas.se, NOT sas.com

edit. I see what you've done. You're flying into Sundsvall which, being a regional airport, means flying from Stockholm and onwards, so you will have a minimum of two flights each way. Bear in mind that your outbound is flying through Denmark as well. Bear in mind that you are flying through another country with regards airsoft so there may or may not be issues as the baggage is routed. You can still get flights about €100 less if you keep your flight legs to a minimum (i.e. two each way only)

edit. 2: incidentally the game starts on Wed 16th, so flying on the 17th is a bit silly ...

Hey Lads,

All this things we have already sorted out. Is You join us on our car expedition, You will see ;)

So for all of You, who is still thinking about it: this weekend car will be ready (I´ll try make some pictures), next week I´m going sorted out paperwork around (color change, new NCT, insurance for holiday) and I was thinking about meeting in the end of the February somewhere in the middle (Dublin? Gorey?).
    Who is finking about, please, let me know!

Your flights are multi-trip. You can get flights for half that price and are direct. And be sure you go to sas.se, NOT sas.com

edit. I see what you've done. You're flying into Sundsvall which, being a regional airport, means flying from Stockholm and onwards, so you will have a minimum of two flights each way. Bear in mind that your outbound is flying through Denmark as well. Bear in mind that you are flying through another country with regards airsoft so there may or may not be issues as the baggage is routed. You can still get flights about €100 less if you keep your flight legs to a minimum (i.e. two each way only)

edit. 2: incidentally the game starts on Wed 16th, so flying on the 17th is a bit silly ...

My bad, actually the flight is on the 15th tuesday(mistyped) . I have checked those flights on the sas.se, could not find any cheaper anywhere else.

@Lemmings
    Is there a better option?
    Any advise is welcome, im Berget virgin :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭kjsaw

My bad, actually the flight is on the 15th tuesday(mistyped) . I have checked those flights on the sas.se, could not find any cheaper anywhere else.

@Lemmings
    Is there a better option?
    Any advise is welcome, im Berget virgin :)

Consider booking just to Stockholm and taking a train/bus/hire car from there. I can see tickets DUB-ARN for ~250 EUR. (That was on SAS website... if you try on www.wideroe.no I can see options for ~187 EUR, although that is on BMI and goes via Heathrow, I have no experience with BMI and airsoft.)

I have passed through CPH before with airsoft gear, if its checked all the way through and is in a good case there should be no hassle at all.

kjsaw wrote: »
    Consider booking just to Stockholm and taking a train/bus/hire car from there. I can see tickets DUB-ARN for ~250 EUR. (That was on SAS website... if you try on www.wideroe.no I can see options for ~187 EUR, although that is on BMI and goes via Heathrow, I have no experience with BMI and airsoft.)

I have passed through CPH before with airsoft gear, if its checked all the way through and is in a good case there should be no hassle at all.

I don´t know, I´m starting thinking about 3000x2000 pixel poster to advertise our idea, otherwise I don´t understand this "discussion". There is simplified version:
    WE HAVE CAR! WE ARE GOING WITH A CAR TO BERGET! IN CAR IS 3m3 SPACE! YOU DON´T NEED TO BE WORRY ABOUT GUNS IN AIRPLANE! WE CAN TAKE THEM WITH US!
    Sorry, maybe my post-Valentine depression, but I tough that I putted it simply enough before :(

You'll be surprised how quickly that stuff fills up even with just the people who are travelling in the vehicle. Also, some people might prefer to keep their kit with them on their journey.

kdouglas wrote: »
    You'll be surprised how quickly that stuff fills up even with just the people who are travelling in the vehicle. Also, some people might prefer to keep their kit with them on their journey.

We tried to fill it up with our full equipment, all guns and lot of "crap" and there was so plenty of room, that we decide to offer that space to everybody who will be interested. I understand that peoples are little bit "itchi" to give a gun to some strangers, but on the another side, our car and all equipment will be insured for whole time of journey and we have an experience from last two Bergets that once they break a body of gun even in transport bag and once they lost a gun and we spend a whole day to resolve it (and find it in the end just before game start).
    In the end of the February (or first weekend of March, depend of You, when You let me know that You are willing to meet) we want to make a introductory meeting, where we can discuss all these things: be a part of our car crew, take a equipment with us, prices of fly tickets and where to buy, how to rent a car in the Sweden and how much for all of that.
    So once again let me know when You have time, if You are interested.

P.S. All this reminds me: You can lead a horse to the river, but You cant force him to drink from ;)

We tried to fill it up with our full equipment, all guns and lot of "crap" and there was so plenty of room, that we decide to offer that space to everybody who will be interested. I understand that peoples are little bit "itchi" to give a gun to some strangers, but on the another side, our car and all equipment will be insured for whole time of journey and we have an experience from last two Bergets that once they break a body of gun even in transport bag and once they lost a gun and we spend a whole day to resolve it (and find it in the end just before game start).
    In the end of the February (or first weekend of March, depend of You, when You let me know that You are willing to meet) we want to make a introductory meeting, where we can discuss all these things: be a part of our car crew, take a equipment with us, prices of fly tickets and where to buy, how to rent a car in the Sweden and how much for all of that.
    So once again let me know when You have time, if You are interested.

P.S. All this reminds me: You can lead a horse to the river, but You cant force him to drink from ;)

Thank you for the offer, really appriciated.

At the momement im looking into different options, but would great to meet up to have chat, exchange ideas , etc...

• Advertisement

on berget forums
    We will close down the ticket-sales for all fractions the 28th of februari 2010. If you have any friends that are in need of tickets, tell them to hurry. There will be no more public tickets avaible after the end of februari.

Your last chance of getting one is http://berget.hopto.org/

Plese also keep in mind that we wil close down the Second hand possibility of 2nd hand sales of tickets in the last of april.

I'll be withdrawing from this year's Berget event.

Jayz´ why?

Until now almost half people who tell me that they are coming say same as You: "No, sorry, no." :-( That sucks :-(

Jayz´ why?

Until now almost half people who tell me that they are coming say same as You: "No, sorry, no." :-( That sucks :-(

Sorry, have higher priorities to take care of that look like I wont be able to afford Sweden this year.

Could I ask anyone who is going to Berget this year as NAF 3rd Rangers and aren't part of the Cork group to pop me a PM, especially if you're a team/squad leader.

Cheers.

Sorry, have higher priorities to take care of that look like I wont be able to afford Sweden this year.

There is no higher priority than Berget ;) (just kidding, financial crises are deadly for all of us)

And just for taste what You will miss on the Berget. Today come back our in-game vehicle: PICTURES

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

Sorry to hear that James.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 KEVIN B

There is no higher priority than Berget ;) (just kidding, financial crises are deadly for all of us)

And just for taste what You will miss on the Berget. Today come back our in-game vehicle: PICTURES

very nice riley like the jod u did

OzCam wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that James.

Are you going tearing truckloads of poor souls apart again this year?

for anyone still going to berget, the faction sub forums are open, you need to go to usergroups at the top of the page when logged into the berget forum, and apply to join your selected faction

remember once you have access to sub forum you can not change the faction on your ticket

Well, I just made it official and put my ticket up for sale on the berget forum.

If anyone is interested in a ticket for psyops it's up over in the marketplace on there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭kjsaw

wow, seems many of the Irish have pulled out this year. Hope you guys manage to sell your tickets onwards and can save the money towards the next one.

/k

God is looking on me and anytime when I´m not humble and polite enough he come to me and slap my face hard ...

Last week I wasn't nice on Lemming and today I need to say the same. I´m not going :( I haven't enough people for car and I cant afford to pay whole ride to Sweden and back by myself ... So sorry and next year, hopefully :(

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Pedrir

CZ there are still 8 going from cork as 3rd rangers did you ask any of them to go i'm pretty positive some haven't bought there flights yet

K,Sorry to hear you cant make it. Looks like we lost most of the irish people that were planning to go, i'm having second thoughts myself as i will be currently the only irish player left on my team.

Any chance of making list of people that are still going?as it looks like its just the cork lads on 3rd rangers and i wasnt able to change my ticket from psyops to rangers

A 3rd rangers ticket has come up for sale, PM me if there is any interest.

kdouglas wrote: »
    Well, I just made it official and put my ticket up for sale on the berget forum.

If anyone is interested in a ticket for psyops it's up over in the marketplace on there.

This ticket is now sold btw...

Berget game area has been released for anyone going

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Very interested in this for next year especially now that I've seen that you're allowed operate above the 1j limit here. I wouldn't bother with my AEGs but in my sniper role (just got a CA M24 :) )I'd definitely be interested in upgrading once I got there.
    Going by the calculator on the Berget site I could increase the fps on my M24 to 652 fps (0.3g bb) :D which can easily be done on the CA M24s by replacing the 200% spring with the 300% spring and above.
    Not that I'd even consider doing that here..I'm quite happy with the range on it here. But it's something that I would consider for Berget if I ever went..

Have to say..looking at it really makes me jealous of everyone going there this year....to all those I hope it rains non-stop for 72 hours :D..only kidding..having a great time :(
    I was amazed to see tanks and a chopper involved in the games..some of the videos make me want to gatecrash it this year ;)

Berkut wrote: »
    Very interested in this for next year especially now that I've seen that you're allowed operate above the 1j limit here. I wouldn't bother with my AEGs but in my sniper role (just got a CA M24 :) )I'd definitely be interested in upgrading once I got there.
    Going by the calculator on the Berget site I could increase the fps on my M24 to 652 fps (0.3g bb) :D which can easily be done on the CA M24s by replacing the 200% spring with the 300% spring and above.
    Not that I'd even consider doing that here..I'm quite happy with the range on it here. But it's something that I would consider for Berget if I ever went..

Have to say..looking at it really makes me jealous of everyone going there this year....to all those I hope it rains non-stop for 72 hours :D..only kidding..having a great time :(
    I was amazed to see tanks and a chopper involved in the games..some of the videos make me want to gatecrash it this year ;)

The chopper was a pointless after effect that added nothing to the game. The vehicles however ....

As for your m24, remember you will have minimum engagement ranges to adhere to, and you can't just bang a higher power spring in and not expect repercussions without upgrading other parts to cope as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

The chopper was a pointless after effect that added nothing to the game. The vehicles however ....

As for your m24, remember you will have minimum engagement ranges to adhere to, and you can't just bang a higher power spring in and not expect repercussions without upgrading other parts to cope as well.

Yes..I've seen that for a Class 8 sniper rifle it's minimum 40 metres.
    Plus I got the M24 with the upgraded PDI hopup and tightbore barrel amongst other things, still fires at 310 fps though but nice distance and accuracy.
    I'd look at it as a project if indeed I go to Berget in 2011..but not this year.

• Advertisement
Advertisement