Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anomaly scan

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

ebmma wrote: »
    I read that after around 20 weeks babies go (or can go) through individual growth spurts. Kind of like it can measure 22 at 24 weeks and then compensate real quick the following week so the "age prediction" stops making much sense.

i dunno, accidentally making someone deliver a premature baby doesn't sound too cautious to me :(

Yeah I would agree with you there. But they are even more afraid of an overdue baby, not enough amniotic fluid, strangulation with the cord, choking on meconium. They dont have machines to fix those things or surgeons for the TOO LATE in utero problems.

So I can see why they are afraid. But what I learned is that obstetrics is experiemental medicine.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Also the placenta starts to degrade after 38 weeks which can cause a whole host of problems if you go too far overdue. I do, however believe that inductions are done on a better safe than sorry basis and that in most cases weren't absolutely necessary.

Advertisement