Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Computer HDD/ Fan problems.. help!

• 30-09-2009 1:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Computer is indicating that there is no IDE HDD detected is there any way I can amend this? I know I have 2 very good hard drives.... one is an aztec something... used to consider myself in the know but seem to have lost my knowlege. Also seems to be some sort of fan error.... have checked fans but no problem with connections.... Computer is also overheating randomly..... any help is appreciated 4gb ram 3.2 ghz quad core intel. Am running a vista 64 bit operating system if this is of any help. Am also occasionally getting blue screened

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,017 ✭✭✭uch

For the overheating I would just stick in a couple of extra case fans, they are cheap enoughfrom any component seller, as for hard drives, are they being seen in the BIOS

21/25

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Deano12345

Right,first off.Check all your connections and that you have the correct IDE connection into your IDE drive (Master,not slave)

Try all your fans in all your connections on your board (Alternate them around).Have you had more than one fan on a header at a time ?

What CPU cooler do you have and what thermal paste did you use (Presuming you built this PC)

The Error code on the Bluecreen is important too,what is it ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Irishdreamer84

I have artic silver compound, I have liquid cooling aswell as multiple fans within the machine Gigabyte GA-MA790XT-UD4P (Socket AM3) PCI-Express DDR3 Motherboard
    - Corsair 4GB DDR3 10666C9 1333MHz XMS3 TwinX Dual Channel Kit (2x2GB) (TW3X4G1333C9)
    - Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 1TB SATA-II 16MB Cache - OEM
    - OCZ ModXStream Pro 600w Silent SLI Ready ATX2 Modular Power Supply
    - Coolit Systems Domino A.L.C Silent Watercooling System
    - Antec 900 Nine Hundred Ultimate Gaming Case - Black
    Also have a GTX 295 Nvidia Chipset graphics card

Harddrive not being viewed in BIOs in the current setting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,017 ✭✭✭uch

Then as Deano said, check all cables, also set BIOS to Auto for the Harddrives

21/25

What processor is that ? Is it overclocked? a

Try reseating the CPU block (If the domino has one,I dont know how it works)

The drives are SATA,not IDE as you said in your OP.Make sure both the Data and power cables are connected to the motherboard (for the data) and PSU (for the power) respectivly.Also,are there any noises coming from the drives like clicks or knocks when they ae being accessed

Have you tried removing the CMOS battery ?

Answer some of my other questions in the post above (espically the one about the fan headers) so I can help you more

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Irishdreamer84

2.6gz overclocked at 3.3 but have changed that back to 3 ghz in hope the system would stop overheating. What is the fan header? Should there be a button on the cpu block? There is a click when booting up on main drive on main fan top of computer. Will check cables. The blue screen happens randomly will try screenshot when it next happens, but the computer usually turns off when it happens. Sorry for being stupid but where do I find the cmos battery? I see a cmos button at back of casing kind of to the centre. I also have some miniture type fans I got with machine with the motherboard should I place these in?

Can you take a picture of your setup for me please ?

Cmos battery should be somewhere around your Southbridge and near your PCIE and PCI slots.Its a little circular battery,it will reset your BIOS back to factory settings if you take it out (leave it out for a few minutes).Keep your chip at stock until you sort the problem.

What CPU do you have and what voltages were you running at ? Auto CPU voltages with a overclock can cause a blue screen.
    Is the clicking coming from the fan or the hard drive.If its coming from the drive then chance's are that its on it's last legs.If its coming from the fan I wouldn't worry too much.

Sounds to me like you have one of the Asus Maximus Formala boards or the like (Quite high end) am I right ?

The fan headers are a 3 or 4 pin connection on the motherboard and are usually named (Look for CPU_FAN1,that usually a 4 pin for your CPU fan.The name may be different)

Advertisement