Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone bundle

• 30-09-2009 2:59pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭

I was about to switch from my imagine 3Mb bundle to a new Vodafone bundle. Good saving because I am a billpay customer already.
    But then I checked call charges. UK were fine, but Germany and Australia, which I call from time to time were not OK. Analysed my Imagine bill, typical call to OZ, 42 min at 8c per min. On Vodafone 45c per min. Therefore that one call would cost about €15 extra. OUCH. Sticking with Imagine.

ps. 9 stickies in this forum...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

If you ring NZ and Aus a lot, it might be worth considering a VOIP option, Skype or Blueface.

Blueface's freedom world package gives you unlimited calls to both for 25 euro a month. If you're currently spending more than this, then that's an instant saving. Ireland and UK calls are also included in this.

Worth having a look at your last few bills to see. 7 or 8 of those 42 min calls would cost you that, at the Imagine rate you quoted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 254 ✭✭r_obric

conolan wrote: »
    I was about to switch from my imagine 3Mb bundle to a new Vodafone bundle. Good saving because I am a billpay customer already.
    But then I checked call charges. UK were fine, but Germany and Australia, which I call from time to time were not OK. Analysed my Imagine bill, typical call to OZ, 42 min at 8c per min. On Vodafone 45c per min. Therefore that one call would cost about €15 extra. OUCH. Sticking with Imagine.

ps. 9 stickies in this forum...

change and use dialwise.ie

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭conolan

Gave up on Skype, tried lots of times. Quality too poor. Dialwise seems interesting.
    But still, the vodafone saving isn't so great when there's the risk that I dial OZ without htinking about prefixes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭Big Lar

I use this program to call my brother in Aus http://www.poivy.com/en/index.html You can set up a phone to phone call on it and the quality is very good and cheap too.

Advertisement