Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RAY DARCYS GAFFE

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭alibabba

BaZmO* wrote: »
    LOL. Whoooosh!

Although looking at your location probably explains why you didn't get it. :D

Whooooooooosh indeed
    So what do ye Dublin Jackeeeeens mean whaen ye say Darcys House ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

gaffe: A clumsy social error; a faux pas

gaff: dublin slang for a house.

(for those who made the same mistake as me, I'll fix the thread title ;))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭cable842

thats not on at all her husband died of a heart attack. were they asking that not fair at all.

tbh wrote: »
    gaffe: A clumsy social error; a faux pas

gaff: dublin slang for a house.

(for those who made the same mistake as me, I'll fix the thread title ;))

Jasus i didnt even see the title before now.
    Arent i the eejit indeed

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

alibabba wrote: »
    Jasus i didnt even see the title before now.
    Arent i the eejit indeed

:)

you and me both, ali, and I'm from dublin :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Bondvillain

Whooooooooosh indeed
    So what do ye Dublin Jackeeeeens mean whaen ye say Darcys House ?

A gaffe is a social error; a gaff is somewhere that one kips, eats grub, and watches the box, so a reference to D'arcy's gaff could conceivably be about a 3 bed semi in Sandyford, and a reference to Darcy's gaffe could conceivably be about any moment of airtime on Today fm between 9 am and midday Monday to Friday for the last half dozen years or so.

So (let me try this dublin slang) any humble pie been ate in Darcys Gaff today?
    The radio is off at work at mom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

nothing yet but he did accidentally make reference to long pauses in interviews. :mad:

just sent in a text, told him to put on da kettle and make a nice cup of cop-on for himself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

So (let me try this dublin slang) any humble pie been ate in Darcys Gaff today?
    The radio is off at work at mom

Nah you're doing it wrong, it's.....

Heeyar, wat's de bleedin storee with Daaaaarcee? Did he say sorree for bein a bleedin muppeh yesterday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭leddpipe

I'd be surprised if he said anything, least of all apologised!
    By all accounts, DJ's in TodayFM basically answer to no one!
    (From within TodayFM I mean :D).

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Nah you're doing it wrong, it's.....

Heeyar, wat's de bleedin storee with Daaaaarcee? Did he say sorree for bein a bleedin muppeh yesterday?

I must have been using the D4 slang so :D

:mad:

So they actually made light of the occurrence by making veiled references (as was mentioned in a previous post), to long pauses and awkward silences.
    Laughed their holes off!
    Bloody disgrace!
    Egged on by the markedly unfunny, Mario Rosenstock!

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Zigmund

Didn't listen to it, but did Ray do the usual thing of trying to shoehorn in the reference of him having a kid?

Zigmund wrote: »
    Didn't listen to it, but did Ray do the usual thing of trying to shoehorn in the reference of him having a kid?

My god you hit the nail on the head

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭gar.k

jaysus, for people who dont like ray darcy you sure listen to him a lot!

gar.k wrote: »
    jaysus, for people who dont like ray darcy you sure listen to him a lot!

How do you reckon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭whodoo

listened to the show in work for about 3 months. had to switch it off. its like a college radio show where only the people on it are enjoying it.

D'arcy cant do serious. He's a light entertainer and thats it. Anyone remember the unintentionally hysterical 'dont drink and drive' ads they did a couple of years ago?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭gar.k

leddpipe wrote: »
    How do you reckon?

eh because you all still listen to him thats how i reckon!! I swithched to Tom Dunne years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭salad dodger

eh because you all still listen to him thats how i reckon!! I swithched to Tom Dunne years ago

When there's a radio on at work that you have no control over you have no choice but to have that over-opinionated g0bsheen chattering away in the corner!
    The only reason that D'arcy is listened to is because 'at least he's not Gerry Ryan'!!

• Advertisement

good for you, but I dont still listen to him!! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭komodosp

Whatever she said to the daily mail is one thing (they probably made up half of it themselves anyway but...)

Did he really say this:
    how do you look at the child every day……..silence….I just couldn’t do it
    That's about the worst interview question I've ever heard, you'd think the child was the one who murdered the husband!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

komodosp wrote: »
    Whatever she said to the daily mail is one thing (they probably made up half of it themselves anyway but...)

Did he really say this:

That's about the worst interview question I've ever heard, you'd think the child was the one who murdered the husband!
    yip, genius, ain't he?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Zigmund wrote: »

What is it with him going on about his kid? Rarely get to hear the radio during the day but if his show is on he's always on about his kid. Letting everybody know what his cute kid did today etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭Demonique

What is it with him going on about his kid? Rarely get to hear the radio during the day but if his show is on he's always on about his kid. Letting everybody know what his cute kid did today etc.

Someone should hit him with a clue hammer. He's just like those twits on Facebook who seem to think that everyone on their friends list is interested in how their baby's just done a poo. Nobody's interested Ray

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Kriskross

I've been banned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭el diablo

Kriskross wrote: »
    Ray Darcy is a dweeb...A disinteresting man who should give us all a break and change carreer paths...

ps

Earn money each month...Play with virtual money and earn real cash.

Copy and paste link and sign up for easy money.

I've a bad feeling that you'll be banned for spamming the boards. Bye.. ;)

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Demonique wrote: »
    Someone should hit him with a clue hammer. He's just like those twits on Facebook who seem to think that everyone on their friends list is interested in how their baby's just done a poo. Nobody's interested Ray

I think Ray, pushing 50, is so fookin enamoured with himself for proprogating the species, that he feels the need to talk about it endlessly!
    Look at his track record. Didnt he go out with that Geri Maye one time. You see the head on her? Shes the most unsuited personality to tv/radio you could get, yet somehow she works in it! Shes the fakest, most insincere person Ive ever seen open their gob!

Ray is doin cartwheels he gotta out there!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement