Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accommadtion help please

Options
  • 30-09-2009 3:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭

I'm in a bit of a fix here. I need some accommodation in kilkenny city centre for this Saturday ( 3rd OCT ) just for one night. Its for 4 adults. Can anyone recommend a cheap and cheerful place to stay with such short notice.

Also, if I just turn up on saturday without anywhere book, will I find it hard to find accommdation:confused:

Thanks all

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Alzar

I'm in a bit of a fix here. I need some accommodation in kilkenny city centre for this Saturday ( 3rd OCT ) just for one night. Its for 4 adults. Can anyone recommend a cheap and cheerful place to stay with such short notice.

Any ideas of what you are looking for Guesthouse, Hotel or Pub with B&B attached or does it matter?
    Also, if I just turn up on saturday without anywhere book, will I find it hard to find accommdation:confused:

Don't think you'd have any problem there.

Al.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭steamjetjoe

Alzar wrote: »
    Any ideas of what you are looking for Guesthouse, Hotel or Pub with B&B attached or does it matter?

Don't think you'd have any problem there.

Al.

Pub with B&B in the city centre location. :confused:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Pub with B&B in the city centre location. :confused:

Try the Bróg maker on the Castlecomer road.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Ive still no joy:( I tried contacting the metropole hotel but the number doesnt seem to be working. Is the metropole still there :confused:

Looks like ill be just turning up and hoping for the best:(

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭kkhornet

Ive still no joy:( I tried contacting the metropole hotel but the number doesnt seem to be working. Is the metropole still there :confused:

Looks like ill be just turning up and hoping for the best:(

The metropole is gone im afraid. You could try the kilkenny inn, Ive stayed once before and it was nice. Rooms are comfy and the bar is great for the late drinks.
    Number is 056 7772828

Or you could try the website http://kilkennyinn.com/hotel/component/option,com_contact/Itemid,3/

• Advertisement

Thanks for the help guys, I just got a place sorted:)

Advertisement