Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone gaming at LYIT?

Options
  • 30-09-2009 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭

Hey all, just wondering if anyone is gaming at lunch or free periods?

Im doing computing myself but not with the Games course and i was in a class today were all the pcs were dell xps's. I found Counter strike source in the system and loaded it up, only gettin 30 fps on the machines tho :/
    Anyone know if if their is a gaming society or anything?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Yup, there is a gaming society. Eoin Singleton is running it this year, but was too hungover to do a stall at the clubs + socs day. If you open your emails, click 'new', click 'To...' and search for his name you can email him to find out about it. I'd post the address but he'd probably get loaded with spam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

He's sent a load of emails out as well so if ya check your inbox you should find a few from him telling you what to do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

indeed. there was a all student email sent with his details in it.

did anyone here go to an dalann today for the meeting? i wanted to go but was too sick to attend.
    hoping to join this.

on a side note, where was the gaming room with the xps machines?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Behind the 1st floor coffedock, 22something something

What time was that meeting at? In his email he said it would be between 1 and 2, but would only take 5 minutes :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Fracture

I just checked my e-mail, didnt get any from Eoin but i sent him a mail so ill wait and see :)
    where was the gaming room with the xps machines?

If you go up the main stairs at the front of the building and turn left you will see a smaller set of steps, go through that door and walk to the end of the hall and its on the right......as far as i remember.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Epeen

The room number is 2213 its the last room on the first left as you walk passed Costa

Epeen wrote: »
    The room number is 2213 its the last room on the first left as you walk passed Costa

thanks epeen, im going to have a look up there monday. i hope there's a wide variety of games.

thanks epeen, im going to have a look up there monday. i hope there's a wide variety of games.

There is no display of gaes on the desktop or in the start menu, the only reason i found css on it was because i done a search. I dunno what other games is there.

Btw, anyone who is interested (probably seen this in your e-mail today) there is a gaming society meeting tomorrow at 5:30 in the tv room at the canteen in the same building as the gym.

Fracture wrote: »
    There is no display of gaes on the desktop or in the start menu, the only reason i found css on it was because i done a search. I dunno what other games is there.

Btw, anyone who is interested (probably seen this in your e-mail today) there is a gaming society meeting tomorrow at 5:30 in the tv room at the canteen in the same building as the gym.

nice one. ill be there. just checked my e-mail now.

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Leprekaun

Just saw this now. I just started going into college there last week so I'm fairly new to the place. I'd be very interested in this but what kind of games do you lads play? Any Gran Turismo people? or fighting games like Street Fighter IV?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭paul150

i was thinking about joining but i assumed it was for pc gaming and im a console gamer only

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

No im not a member myself but id know Eoin and im sure they have consoles too and spread out over a few games but he is a bit of a css fanatic so you might get a bit sickened with that :pac::pac:

what handle does this eoin guy use? I missed the bloody meeting, i might send him an e-mail soon tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Chloeh

theres PC gaming and console gaming :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 papa_____smurf

the problem is only the games development can log into those machines...plus there is also a room with GTX graphics cards in the college.

to play games we just use steam, the technicians keep deleting our games each week, but we just download them again through steam...which is ok cause you get ridiculous fast speeds anyway..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Epeen

WTB WoW gaming society

Consoles = :(

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭markmcg

Hi,
    I do the applied computing course in fourth year.
    What consoles u all playing?

I play X360. Just wondering though, I haven't got any emails about the meets?

Leprekaun wrote: »
    I play X360. Just wondering though, I haven't got any emails about the meets?

i have ps3 and also getting 360 next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭cosgrove80

A classmate was telling me that they have TV's over in the students union/gym building and that people have hooked up consoles there before.Not sure on details (new to the college) but it might be an option.

I don't know if starting up a dedicated console gaming club would be stepping on peoples toes but it might be good to set something up. Especially with MW2 out next week.

• Advertisement

cosgrove80 wrote: »
    A classmate was telling me that they have TV's over in the students union/gym building and that people have hooked up consoles there before.Not sure on details (new to the college) but it might be an option.

I don't know if starting up a dedicated console gaming club would be stepping on peoples toes but it might be good to set something up. Especially with MW2 out next week.

Theres a gaming club in college. I'm just waiting until i get the 360 this then i'll bring that to it.

Hey lads, in the college now so anyone gaming?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

They were gaming tonight over there tonight but there was yoga on so they were asked to move. Due to members of the public being worried about students staring at their bottoms in the air.
    Room 2213 normally has people in it playing games.
    That room closes from 5:30 until about 5:45 due to cleaning.

Cheers Toni! Will pop round one of these days.

I'm heading into college but have some work to do first so if anyone's up for some games (console), I'll try to be be over at Room 2213 at around 6:30.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

Bad time to pick possibly as most people are away home early to their various counties! Plus some are away currently drinking and getting ready for tonight(Pulse)

*cough*
    :D
    Next week the gaming will be flying as per usual :cool:

I might head next week and bring my xbox 360

I'm way too late now anyway. Work took a lot longer than expected :(

Advertisement