Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Looking to sell Vinyl Collection

• 30-09-2009 4:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭

Hey all

I'll soon be orgainizing my record collection for sale, about 400 house/ deep house from mid nineties onwards. Ideally I'd sell them as a collection rather than a few here and there. If anyone done this before or has any tips it would be cool..

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

I sold a couple of hundred vinyl to Hard to Find records a few years ago. Was chatting to a fella over the phone, sent him over a list of maybe 10-15 in the collection that were on their Wanted list - he agreed to take the lot for a decent price, and pay for shipping.

So did that, shipped them over, then when I rang them again they said that the fella had left. The guy taking over his job wouldn't honour the price, didn't have it in writing afterall, so I only got about three quarters of what I was expecting. Wasn't happy I can tell ya, but feck all I could do about it.

So my words of advice would be to catalog EVERYTHING (painstaking I know), then if you want to sell it as a collection you can agree a decent price and get it in writing. It might be easier splitting it and selling it on eBay though.

Do you use discogs? I've recently discovered it will export your collection as a csv file or spreadsheet, so instead of you typing everything out, just set up a collection you're selling, then add all the records - Robert's your father's brother!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 basschaser

id be interested to hear what you have the collection,as im chasing a lot of my oldschool stuff back..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Ole Rodrigo

joker77 wrote: »

So my words of advice would be to catalog EVERYTHING (painstaking I know), then if you want to sell it as a collection you can agree a decent price and get it in writing. It might be easier splitting it and selling it on eBay though.

Do you use discogs? I've recently discovered it will export your collection as a csv file or spreadsheet, so instead of you typing everything out, just set up a collection you're selling, then add all the records - Robert's your father's brother!

I was going to go with ebay and just deliver them myself within Ireland. Their sale fees can be high though. I do have a Discogs account, thats not a bad idea at all...thanks man :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Ole Rodrigo

basschaser wrote: »
    id be interested to hear what you have the collection,as im chasing a lot of my oldschool stuff back..

Yeah no worries, its going to take a me a while to get a list together though - labels like svek, guidance, large, DIY, nuphonic, toko, paper etc would be typical

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Ddisco

rocstar wrote: »
    Yeah no worries, its going to take a me a while to get a list together though - labels like svek, guidance, large, DIY, nuphonic, toko, paper etc would be typical

I'll take a look aswell if i could please when you have a list.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭a147pro

I'd have a good few that are taking up space too. Mostly house I suppose, some techno, some older rave, a lot of what might be desribed as club classics, big Dublin songs etc.

If any one has any wants post them up and I'd be able to tell you if I have it. I'd keep some which are special to me, but most of them should be available on MP3 now so I'd sell them if anyone was interest, better for someone who'd play them to get use.

Advertisement