Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

could i be pregnant?

• 30-09-2009 4:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭

I just want to know,

If I had unprotected sex 10 days after first day of my last period could i be pregnant?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

What is your cycle like, were you tracking it?
    Only way to know for sure it to wait and test, it's part of the annoying waiting when you are trying to get pregnant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭poms

i have a 28 day cycle and i originally thought that you ovulate 7-14 days after your last period, but i have been told i am wrong so thats why i am unsure

That is the average assumption but it can vary from that.
    The only way to know when you are actually ovulating is to track your temperature, cervical mucus, use ovulation strips or a fertility monitor.

Also if you have been using hormonal contraception it can take up to 6 months after coming off it for your body to start cycling properly.

Will do thanks for your replies:)

All the best with it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

with a 28 day cycle you could assume that ovulation would happen around day 14 BUT as far as I can remember from my TTC days sperm can hang around in there for up to 5 days in the right conditions.

Just to say, I not pregnant afterall :(

Maybe next time

Advertisement