Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Archive_Old Video Footage, Blackrock, Louth

Options
  • 30-09-2009 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi,
    I'm a local filmmaker hoping to make a short film about Blackrock and it's history. I'm looking for any archive video footage of Blackrock in the 50's/60's/70's and 80's particularly footage of seaside tourism, the pavillion dance hall, dances, local bands including musicians such as Danny Hughes and local shop/shopowners on the seafront.

Can anyone help with this or know of anyone who might know where I can source this type of stuff?!?

Thanks,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Kalashnikov_Kid

Hi there,

you should get talking to a Mr. Noel Sharkey - a native of Haggardstown now living just behind Main Street. He is author of 2 recent historical chronologies of Blackrock and has taken up the mantra of local historian, so he should be a mine of information.

PM me for more details if you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 caragnomes

thanks! I've been in touch with Noel, he is a great resource for photographs but I'm also looking for any film/video stuff, even family home videos of the area, focusing mainly on main street/maytime festival/marching bands/Dances...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

ask Danny Hughes!

Advertisement