Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Palestinian ambassador hopes Lisbon will be passed

Options
  • 30-09-2009 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭

It appears that those arguing for a No vote on the basis that the EU is anti-Palestinian may have forgotten to consult the Palestinians:
    The Palestinian ambassador to the European Union has expressed hope that the Lisbon Treaty referendum will be passed in Ireland, according to Labour MEP Proinsias De Rossa.

Mr De Rossa, who is president of the European Parliament’s delegation to the Palestine Legislative Council (DPLC), today welcomed comments by Ms Leila Shahid regarding the Lisbon Treaty.

He said Ms Shahid told a meeting of the DPLC in Brussels this morning that Palestinians wanted a more “politically effective” European Union to keep the fledgling peace process alive and ensure that progress can be made towards of an independent Palestinian state.

A prominent pro-Palestinian group in Ireland has been campaigning for a No vote in Friday’s referendum.

The Irish Friends of Palestine Against Lisbon (IFPAL) has claimed EU policy was facilitating illegal Israeli actions against Palestinians.

Source

As they say - "with friends like these, who needs people who have no idea what you really want?".

I await the usual chorus of people disparaging "Frank Ross".

amused,
    Scofflaw

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,872 ✭✭✭View

Man, even the Palestinians are "biased" against the No side. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭ei.sdraob

Does that mean them "VOTE NO - Save Palestine" posters around Galway can be burned?

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭moogester

The Palestinian ambassador is one person with an agenda no doubt.

I wonder how ordinary Palestinians would vote..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,872 ✭✭✭View

moogester wrote: »

Maybe the Palestinan ambassador is biased against the Palestinians? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

OK. Now that's just beyond parody.

impressed,
    Scofflaw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Scofflaw wrote: »
    OK. Now that's just beyond parody.

impressed,
    Scofflaw

By Zeus's beard, this treaty is the biggest conspiracy in history :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭moogester

Cut me some slack here lol, i'm not as good with words as you guys :D

Its like one of the UK ambassadors urging a yes vote from Ireland while at the same time denying us a referendum because they know damn well they'd lose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭ei.sdraob

Cut me some slack here lol.

Yes because Palestinians would not love to join the EU and continue to receive more of EU money/donations/aid

lets not forget they also know all about oppression

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

Cut me some slack here lol, i'm not as good with words as you guys :D

Its like one of the UK ambassadors urging a yes vote from Ireland while at the same time denying us a referendum because they know damn well they'd lose.

Yes it's exactly like that, if the UK was under occupation and dominion by a nuclear armed power which was systematically seizing UK land, expelling UK citizens and moving in it's own forcefully, building a wall to segregate restrict the movement of UK citizens and annex their land, and the UK ambassador thought passing Lisbon would allow the EU a stronger voice to speak out against this abuse. Exactly like it...

Advertisement