Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone been to this woman?

Options
  • 30-09-2009 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭

I'm going to a medium/clairvoyant tomorrow night. It's in a hall so presume it's an audience thing as opposed to one-on-one readings. Still, it's 10euro a piece.
    Can't remember her name but think it's something like Lydia Lyne or Linda Lyne or something like that. Apparently she's world reknowned and has been on the X-Factor :confused: and other TV shows!
    Anyone know anything about this woman and whether she's worth the tenner?

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Is this her? Anyone who calls themselves psychic to the stars gets my alarm bells ringing, but hey its only a tenner.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

Yeah that's her alright. I see she's lowered her price from 17euro to 10! Don't know whether that's a good or bad sign!!:rolleyes:

Oh my god, what a load of rubbish!:D
    Apparently she usually has a crowd of 2 or 3 hundred so when she saw 10 (yes,10!) of us she wasn't best pleased!
    Fromt the start, she was "talking" to spirits beside her and it was really funny to watch her going "What? Yes, yes I know. Ok, I will. Shut up!" to thin air!:rolleyes:
    She started trying to read my mother and because my mam said no to everything she was saying, she said that she had really negative energy and was bringing down the energy of the whole room.
    So anytime from then on that she got something wrong, it was my mam's fault! She couldn't read me at all coz she said I'd inherited my mother's negative energy.:(
    She read everyone else but it consisted of things like - "I sense that you two there sitting next to each other have a very close bond, are you sisters? No? Then you are very close friends, like sisters. What? You've just met? Well then you are going to become really good friends". FFS!

Having said that, the others all thought she was great. Even when she was being vague and general they were agreeing enthusiastically. My mam and me aren't that easily impressed or fobbed off so maybe that's why she said we were negative!

Stay away from this woman, she's off her head!:D

That sounds woeful! Ive seen good demos, and mediocre demos, but that sounds like something Id walk out of. Did she attempt to give names at all, or anything concrete?

Yeah he did say she was talking to spirits related to one of us, a grandad called Tom and an aunt called Elizabeth but no-one could verify it for her so she gave up after a bit. :rolleyes:
    As my mam has pointed out, those names probably work quite well for her in England (where she's from) coz they are common English names. You'd think she would've changed it to Paddy and Mary when she came over here! :D
    Also being vague and giving common names, places, professions etc inevitably reaps more "success" in a group of 300 rather than 10 so she was out of her depth! Shouldn't make a difference if she were genuine but she quite obviously isn't.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭Wuggectumondo

OMG I went to see her two weeks ago...

Now I'm big into spiritual and psychic stuff so am no way a skeptic to spirituality in general but I wasn't happy with this show at all. I didn't warm up to her- I thought that her disposition was quite rude the way she spoke to people. I think her act is entirely based on making a story around the person because of their age.

I don't think a world renowned psychic would have to lower her prices so much or keep saying to the audience "I must do something to keep the energy up- someone in the last show fell asleep!"

MelanieC wrote: »
    Also being vague and giving common names, places, professions etc inevitably reaps more "success" in a group of 300 rather than 10 so she was out of her depth! Shouldn't make a difference if she were genuine but she quite obviously isn't.

Good point. She'd say something something like "Who used to do Irish dancing?" and noone put their hand up for ages. Eventually a woman was like "Well I used to do it years ago when I was a little girl" so she did a "reading" for her.

Good point. She'd say something something like "Who used to do Irish dancing?" and noone put their hand up for ages. Eventually a woman was like "Well I used to do it years ago when I was a little girl" so she did a "reading" for her.
    Talk about shooting fish in a barrel, you're in Ireland, dear, youre bound to get some kind of hit on that.

If youre going to use something like that, it has to be more specific: Who did irish dancing and broke their toe? etc. :D

She also said "Does anyone know a young lad who died recently?" and a girl burst out crying and put up her hand so she worked on that one too...

Got a bad feeling from her...

She also said "Does anyone know a young lad who died recently?" and a girl burst out crying and put up her hand so she worked on that one too...

Got a bad feeling from her...
    Its annoying to see someone grasp like that. Sure everyone knows a young lad who died. Trained mediums would never throw out anything random like that. If they have a link like that, it would be along the lines of 'Ive got a young guy here with blonde hair and a tattoo on his neck, died suddenly in a crash, at night, in April two years ago....' Thats the level of detail that would be given before asking for a recipient. Whether you believe that too is cold or hot reading is open to another debate, of course. :)

• Advertisement

People like her just prey on the bereaved and the vulnerable, it's disgusting. How does she live with herself?:mad:

Advertisement