Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best photographer local (value wise etc)

• 30-09-2009 6:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Gonna get a portrait of my little lad. Was with Leo Murphy's and they said it will €60 for studio time plus whatever photos I select. I only want a large photo and the cost will be around €450, so €510 in all.

It is really expensive but worth it in some ways. However, any recommendations. Gerry O'Carroll is highly recommended but I understand he is even more expensive.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

I reckon anyone with studio lights(like myself) could do it.. but im not sure if you want it done with a plain background or something else like in a studio?

Most photographers wouldn't have a studio.. only the lights..

I reckon you could get a local photographer to do it and get it printed online and it would work out a hell of alot cheaper..

...to add working with a local photographer would be better in some way where you could take your time and not worry about having to pay extra for time.. Im doing band promos and I only charge 50 quid for as long as it takes to get it right.

It all depends on what you want really!

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Bards

we used lisa Walsh in Ballymacaw

http://www.lwphotography.ie/

and she was very good and not too expensive either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

We used Garrett Fitzgerald for our wedding photos and I can't recommend him enough. I don't know if he has a studio, but if he doesn't I'd be fully confident in going with anyone he'd recomend.

http://www.garfitzphoto.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭Junior

www.pmcgphotos.com or Paddy@CIRL as he is on here, he's doing my wedding next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 ocos

Keith Sullivan, Infokus is excellent. His studio is out beside WLR near Ardkeen.

He takes great pride in his work!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭sonners

ocos wrote: »
    Keith Sullivan, Infokus is excellent. His studio is out beside WLR near Ardkeen.

Another vote for Keith here, I'm not sure of his prices but his work is exceptional, check out his facebook page for a good range of his previous work :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

Me. Simple as!:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Waynecarr

Infokus is where we had our 1 year old done, fantastic pictures. Pricey but recommended.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

ive heard very good things about shane o'neill , www.aspectphotography.net

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Alan Higgins or Ken Sutton. Though stick-dan has started all this, so him to I guess. Al and Ken are good, used them before and recommend them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Good stuff - thanks for the info etc - a lot there. Many thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 deise red

I would recommend leo murphy he did our little boys photos and managed to get him smiling he is pricey but quality is excellent:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭deisedol

ocos wrote: »

I found him very expensive and the quality was not as good as Gerry O Carroll. Gerry O Carroll is a bit cranky but OH boy can he capture a great shot. I would'nt go past him again! He has also won numerous awards and i can see why!

Advertisement