Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tescos and price of a can of Bulmers

Options
  • 30-09-2009 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,682 ✭✭✭

Just seen in Tesco's the price of a can of all kinds of Bulmers €2.47

I thought the price was suppose to come down but seems like Tesco think it should go up

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 63 ✭✭marinbike

Trampas wrote: »

I thought the price was suppose to come down but seems like Tesco think it should go up

Time to go up to the North again to buy our groceries in Newry, Enniskillen, Derry etc.

Tesco have never kept to their promise of price cuts because they think we Irish have become complacent with the illusion they have cut prices. They recently ended their Euro-sterling price parity promise on school clothing.

Don't buy in Tesco, they cheated us with their 'change for good' bull.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭dmca77

Tesco up North for a bottle of Bulmers is £2.25

In Spain last week and a bottle was 4.50 euro in a pub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Skopzz

Tesco are well known to be liars with their price reduction pledge. In their Galway supermarkets, they put their prices down during the out of peak season. Now that the christmas is approaching, they increase their prices. Pigs.

Boycott Tesco and shop with your feet.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,085 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Skopzz wrote: »
    Tesco are well known to be liars with their price reduction pledge. In their Galway supermarkets, they put their prices down during the out of peak season. Now that the christmas is approaching, they increase their prices. Pigs.

Boycott Tesco and shop with your feet.

Have you tried your local Spar?:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

The only thing cheaper than tesco is aldi or lidl and i hate the crowds of aul ones with their trolleys. Tesco at 2am ftw.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

I thought the price was suppose to come down

It was ?!? Who said ?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I think you are getting mixed up with the pint bottles, whose price was reduced to suppliers and it was hoped they would pass on the savings. Cans did not reduce only the pint bottles.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 63 ✭✭marinbike

ejmaztec wrote: »
    Have you tried your local Spar?:pac:

I think the poster actually means shopping in cheaper places like Asda Enniskillen who'd probably beat Tesco prices any day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

what price were you expecting? where is this magical price reduction you speak of?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,682 ✭✭✭Trampas

They use to be €2.35

I thought Bulmers cut the price across the board.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

Bulmers only reduced the price of the pint bottle to the publican that I know of. Its their way to try and help teh pub trade. However they have not said how much is the reduction and going by a few voices not many publicans have passed on the savings.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Bulmers only reduced the price of the pint bottle to the publican that I know of.
    They reduced the price of only the pint bottle to EVERYBODY, this came up in consumer issues. Some guy claimed the "off licence association", told members not to pass on the savings, but many non-members did. The ad campaign on the TV said "your local", and that guy was trying to give that as a pathetic excuse why offies should not pass on the saving :rolleyes:

They reduced it by 10% to sellers. Many mistook this to mean 10% off the usual price, some pubs did reduce their price by 10% so passed on more than the reduction. i.e. if they usually buy a bottle for €2 then it is now €1.80, if they well for €6 it should be €5.80, but some did reduce to say €5.40.

I think this was clever on bulmers part, they did not say a specific price in the ad, if the publican puts it down 20cent then they are exposing the fact that they are only paying €2 per bottle, yet charging up to €8.60 in some pubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

What about Rail Gourmet.....5.90 for a can of Bulmers on any of the intercity trains?

Brgds
    Johnny

Advertisement