Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TEFL books for secondary school

• 30-09-2009 7:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭

Hi all,

Can anyone recommend a good TEFL book; either a reference book, a book with plenty of excercises/activity sheets etc. or both?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 302 ✭✭maggie_cork

heya. if you look on amazon.co.uk there is good ones. and very cheap.. loads of exercises etc. i was teaching TEFL in a secondary school all last year and got few books from thee, they were good. also if you look on the net, i got some great stuff off that. also (depending on their level) you could use certain resources from the english course book in the school.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 209 ✭✭eager tortoise

I really like the Cutting Edge and English File books for teaching teenagers. You can get them for different levels from elementary to advanced. Bookshops like Modern Languages (if you're in Dublin) might be good to have a look around in. There's also a very good grammar book filled with countless exercises called English Grammar in Use by Raymond Murphy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭madziuda

My personal favourite is the New English File series - levels from beginners to upper intermediate. Interesting topics, plenty of lexical and grammatical exercises, awesome Teacher's Resource Books

you can check them out at englishtips.org

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭mazken

Thanks so much for all your help - was a bit lost and didn't know where to start...will search the net and check out all your tips :)
    Maggie - do you mind me asking which books off Amazon you bought? Had a look on there but there are sooo many!
    Thanks again all!!

Advertisement