Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Girls on Xbox 360

• 30-09-2009 7:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭

Hi!
    Im a girl obviously just wondering if there are any other lovely ladies that play xbox on here.I love playing Call of Duty 5 and james bond QOS pretty much first person shooters.
    I also have fable,need for speed,Gears of war 2 etc etc...

I was also wondering are any other girls sick of the sexist messages/filthy messages you constantly get on xbox especially if you win a game and some guy is mad jealous because Ive hurt his ego. ;)
    After all we are on on xbox to have fun not to be tormented.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

I agree although I'm a lad on on the PS3. Most people are on it for fun just have a chat even no more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

I'm not a girl but my friend is, shes a pretty hardcore xbox gamer(16230 points).. gender shouldn't come into it.

Id report those guys who give you a any stick, its not on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭A Doozer

Currently introducing my much better oh to Halo 3. It may be a while before she's willing to go online.

As someone who used get his behind handed to him on a regular basis by female players, I can say I've never sent rude messages and have gotten used to "you have been killed by britneyfan69.

I know a whole community where you might be interested in having a look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Report anyone who uses strong language tbh, whether it's sexist or not.

In all my time online I've only come across two girls playing on the Xbox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭ella87

hobochris wrote: »
    I'm not a girl but my friend is, shes a pretty hardcore xbox gamer(16230 points).. gender shouldn't come into it.

Id report those guys who give you a any stick, its not on.

Im not that into it ;)
    I play at home most nights with my bf and afew friends online.
    Ive only come across one irish girl on it.

I report everyone of them that give me a hard time.
    Id block public messaging but I do get genuine people sending me messages too.
    I do get pictures every so often and you can imagine what they are of.
    Like what if I was a kid with an account and got that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭barry181091

ella87 wrote: »
    Hi!
    Im a girl obviously just wondering if there are any other lovely ladies that play xbox on here.I love playing Call of Duty 5 and james bond QOS pretty much first person shooters.
    I also have fable,need for speed,Gears of war 2 etc etc...

I was also wondering are any other girls sick of the sexist messages/filthy messages you constantly get on xbox especially if you win a game and some guy is mad jealous because Ive hurt his ego. ;)
    After all we are on on xbox to have fun not to be tormented.

Oh thats so hot. Say some more .. ! :D lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

I find that sort of behaviour embarrassing tbh OP.

As for girls on here, one of our posters (we'll claim her) was on the Eurogamer team that beat valve at their own game - Left4Dead... so there! She should be along shortly!

Oh thats so hot. Say some more .. ! :D lol
    Whats your problem?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

ella87 wrote: »
    Whats your problem?

I think he said that in jest,

As for the idiots on xbl , being a girl is an excuse to act the idiot towards you, but 9/10 they are going to act the same way to anyone regardless of gender. I think its got something to do with being able to hide behind a mic and be somewhat anonymous that brings out the douche in these people.

I wouldn't get to worked up about it, I rarely if ever plug my mic in and mute people where possible. Sometimes that isnt practical for playing though and those situations you are better off playing with people you know or making use of the ignore / prefer this player function for what its worth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I've played against a few girls when playing Gears Of War online and admittedly they're some of the best gamers I've played against. I'm not the greatest player but my ass got handed to me.

I love playing online but hate some of the people online when it comes to girls online. It's not a male only console so stop thinking it is.

Good choice of games OP btw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭_ZeeK_

girls playing cpu games = class.

sometimes i wish my girlfriend played games with me rather than frown when i'm playing them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

That_Guy wrote: »
    Good choice of games OP btw.

Really?
    I got QoS for free and couldn't be arsed completing it... Pretty terrible game imo!
    Bet you're just trying to get in her knickers;)

I'm all for girl gamers, just as long as they don't neglect their duties in the kitchen

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

I dont really have it happen to me, but then again I don't play online much.

When I played other games online, I selected a non-gender specific username, so no-one knew what I was.

But you get used to being treated like you're an alien and they've never seen a girl before after a while.

Oh no wait, you don't :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

i dont know anyone who hasnt got some sort of abuse off it, dont take it to heart its the internet after all you get idiots like that, if it does get to you report report report, specially if its unappropriate pictures. My dad (60+) plays online with us now he noticed too, now its just like water off a ducks back. Its mostly just banter but if you feel its anything more you know what to do, but i dont think its a boy girl issue

Just my 2cents

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

tman wrote: »
    Really?
    I got QoS for free and couldn't be arsed completing it... Pretty terrible game imo!
    Bet you're just trying to get in her knickers;)

I'm all for girl gamers, just as long as they don't neglect their duties in the kitchen

Should've excluded QOS from that tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

That_Guy wrote: »
    Should've excluded QOS from that tbh.

No way QoS was a great game!! I thought it was alot of fun. Bit like cod!

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

One of the people on my friend list is a girl but she's American (I think) I know the US XBL does gamerchix nights where it's just girls who play, but I'm not sure if it woud work here and you'd have to set up a US account anyway. More girl gamers!

_ZeeK_ wrote: »
    girls playing cpu games = class.

sometimes i wish my girlfriend played games with me rather than frown when i'm playing them

I was a moaner I hated my bf playing xbox!! I didn't know what to get for Xmas so I got an xbox and I've gone to the darkside :) he's gonna be stuck on it when cod modwar2 comes out might have to give out abit then :D

One of the people on my friend list is a girl but she's American (I think) I know the US XBL does gamerchix nights where it's just girls who play, but I'm not sure if it woud work here and you'd have to set up a US account anyway. More girl gamers!

I think it's less exclusion that's needed, not more :)

dazftw wrote: »
    No way QoS was a great game!! I thought it was alot of fun. Bit like cod!

It's made by the same people that made cod :)
    I enjoyed it the onlines not bad got it for 12 euro new in hmv afew weeks ago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

XBL is the worst ever for stupid abuse, Halo 3, I find, to be the worst, squeeky voiced yanks, whinging and moaning about losing, highly annoying.

Thankfully there is a mute option in most games, silence the ****ers.

CoD ftw, btw, roll on November \o/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Teabag all of those who oppose you. Bonus points for being female, since guys think it's bad enough when another guy does it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

File a complaint on those that do. There are some girl gamer communities out there, just need to find them.

Kinetic^ wrote: »
    File a complaint on those that do. There are some girl gamer communities out there, just need to find them.

Are we not allowed play with the boys now or something? :P

In all honesty, I don't get why the community has to be split by gender.

If anything, split by ability.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

I'm just saving the boys from the self inflicted shame of getting owned by a girl. Some people seem to think it's a bad thing. There's clans out there for stuff like 40+ only, so why not girl only clans? :) Stop trying to bait me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

Silverfish wrote: »
    Are we not allowed play with the boys now or something? :P

In all honesty, I don't get why the community has to be split by gender.

If anything, split by ability.

dammit, why do you have to be better tshan me at everything?

i like playing online, but dont get on too often as i prefer to play with my actual mates rather that strangers, and they're never all on at the same time. if i am playing with randomers the mute is always on.

silverfish, whats your tag? add me, i'm a wuss so it'll be like old times ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 35 photogirl

I paly my bfs xbox when he is not around. I have tried COD WAW in single player but wasn't that good. I like helping him out by acting like his look out. We play In the Movies together. I think the XBox has a lot to offer female gamers. Abuse is targeted at everyone online no matter gender age or race. You are doing the right thing reporting them and then saying you never want to play with those idiots again.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Xbox Live is an equal opportunities gaming environment, everybody gets abuse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

robinph wrote: »
    Xbox Live is an equal opportunities gaming environment, everybody gets abuse.

The difference, and one that a few people here are missing, is you're not getting abuse because you're a guy! What you get is non-discriminatory abuse. It's fine to say everyone gets abuse, and we all do, but getting abuse because you're a girl (i.e. because of who you are) is not on.

Put it this way, i've been heckled in Halo for being crap and for soundly beating people! Both I can handle and laugh off. But when a person abuses me because they notice my Irish accent and tells me to "fuck off back to the farm Paddy", that's when I take issue.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I have played quite a few girls on Live, and played about 40 minutes of Street Fighter 4 with a girl from New Jersey. Good player.

Put it this way, i've been heckled in Halo for being crap and for soundly beating people! Both I can handle and laugh off. But when a person abuses me because they notice my Irish accent and tells me to "fuck off back to the farm Paddy", that's when I take issue.

When someone plays the race card, it usually from America, and when they are they open a Pandoras box. I wrote this a few months ago in the Fighting forum when I got abused while playing SF4.

Funny story from a few nights ago when chatting to random players in. Was practicing with my TE fight stick at the time. I pick Ryu, he picks Balrog

Me: Hey
    Random American Player (RAP): **** you, you ****!
    Me: Sorry?
    RAP: **** you, you british ***hole! **** you!
    Me: Dude, it's only a game of Street Fighter, relax.
    RAP: You **** British ****
    Me: Where am I from?
    RAP: ****ing Britland ****. I'm going to rape your ass until it bleeds.
    Me: Can you show me Britland on a map. Oh I forgot, 1/5 Americans cannot identify anything on a map.
    RAP: If you are not from USA your a f*****

He wins round 1
    RAP: Ha, you are so bad at this game man, you were raped and owned by USA!

I win Round 2
    Me: Well America, what happened there???
    RAP: You lucky piece of ****

I hammer him round 3
    Me: USA! USA! USA! Another defeat for the USA! Well done!
    RAP: **** **** 8******!1111!!8******1 !8***!888
    Me: lol
    RAP: Play me again, i'll play you for 50 bucks, you have paypal, I'm gonna make you broke.
    Me: No thanks man, I'm content just beating you.

Over the couse of the next 8 games, I hammer him with Ryu, Guile, Dan and a few random picks, and over the course of the 8 games, he gets quieter and quieter until he trys to be nice.

To top it all off, he tries to add me as a friend at the end. One day later, I send him a voice message playing the music from...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J---aiyznGQ

XBox 360: 300 euro
    Street Fighter 4: 50 euro
    TE Stick: 200 euro
    Literally beating respect into a muppet: Priceless

Advertisement