Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Girls on Xbox 360

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

ella87 wrote: »
    It's made by the same people that made cod :)
    I enjoyed it the onlines not bad got it for 12 euro new in hmv afew weeks ago
    Correction.Its made by the same people who make the crap cods.
    And it shows :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

The difference, and one that a few people here are missing, is you're not getting abuse because you're a guy! What you get is non-discriminatory abuse. It's fine to say everyone gets abuse, and we all do, but getting abuse because you're a girl (i.e. because of who you are) is not on.

Put it this way, i've been heckled in Halo for being crap and for soundly beating people! Both I can handle and laugh off. But when a person abuses me because they notice my Irish accent and tells me to "fuck off back to the farm Paddy", that's when I take issue.

I do get the directed abuse part.

However, any one on live is just as likely to get abuse for being black/ white/ yellow/ female/ gay/ rubbish at the game/ fsome other random attribute regardless of if they have any reason to know anything about you. Chances are eventually that with all the random abuse that something will match something about you and it becomes a whole lot more personal.

All of us have probably been abused for being a girl is all I'm saying, although when they do happen to get it directed at the appropriate person, then yes it is a whole lot more unpleasent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

calex71 wrote: »
    As for the idiots on xbl , being a girl is an excuse to act the idiot towards you, but 9/10 they are going to act the same way to anyone regardless of gender. I think its got something to do with being able to hide behind a mic and be somewhat anonymous that brings out the douche in these people.
    An interesting theory on this by a Comic Artist, John Gabriel:
    greaterdickwad.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Not a girl myself, but my only requirement for playing with people is they are a bit of fun and not some creepy teenager who is obsessed with the finer points of headshots. My sister used to be the BEST Super Mario (NES) player I had seen, and she rarely played video games.

I need more boardsies on my friends list, I can't play online because I don't have enough xbox chums.

We should get some regular game nights going, gender isn't an issue!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭ella87

The difference, and one that a few people here are missing, is you're not getting abuse because you're a guy! What you get is non-discriminatory abuse. It's fine to say everyone gets abuse, and we all do, but getting abuse because you're a girl (i.e. because of who you are) is not on.

Put it this way, i've been heckled in Halo for being crap and for soundly beating people! Both I can handle and laugh off. But when a person abuses me because they notice my Irish accent and tells me to "fuck off back to the farm Paddy", that's when I take issue.

Exactly it's the kind of abuse girls get that's not on.
    like I don't think the guys get messages asking for nude pictures on xbox or u got cam? Constantly. I do know everybody gets abuse and yes I do laugh it off but it's the sexual things and calling you a slapper and worse for beating them is crazy I think. It's different

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

_ZeeK_ wrote: »
    girls playing cpu games = class.

sometimes i wish my girlfriend played games with me rather than frown when i'm playing them

Get Bomberman Live, it worked for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

As for girls on here, one of our posters (we'll claim her) was on the Eurogamer team that beat valve at their own game - Left4Dead... so there! She should be along shortly!

I'm famous!

I do like the pewpew games.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Louisburgh lass

Hi!
    Im a girl obviously just wondering if there are any other lovely ladies that play xbox on here.I love playing Call of Duty 5 and james bond QOS pretty much first person shooters.
    I also have fable,need for speed,Gears of war 2 etc etc...

I was also wondering are any other girls sick of the sexist messages/filthy messages you constantly get on xbox especially if you win a game and some guy is mad jealous because Ive hurt his ego. ;)
    After all we are on on xbox to have fun not to be tormented.

Im a girl and i love my games too mainly arcade games though. firstly people who leave comments like that deserve to be beaten in these games, their so immature.

My boyfriend introduced me to Bomberman and im hooked since, he signs me up to different gamerscore challenges and that does be great craic.

Exactly it's the kind of abuse girls get that's not on.
    like I don't think the guys get messages asking for nude pictures on xbox or u got cam? Constantly. I do know everybody gets abuse and yes I do laugh it off but it's the sexual things and calling you a slapper and worse for beating them is crazy I think. It's different

Asking for nude pictures?? Thats not on. These people should be banned.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

koneko wrote: »
    I'm famous!

I do like the pewpew games.

I knew it was you before you said it was you!

\o/

• Advertisement

Asking for nude pictures?? Thats not on. These people should be banned.

I know it's mad.
    The weirdest message I got has to be " wow your avatar is so hot" what a freak! kinda funny though that someone would actually find your avatar attractive. Haha.
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

It's a shame, but I have few females friends on live and they get alot of random mail from the usual crowd. There's defo a few hardcore all female clans, maybe you should check them out! PMS and gamerchix are two I can think of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭quank

I don't think I've ever encountered a girl on Live. My head would explode.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

I came across two girls playing CoD5 once, were both quite good too.

lol @ gob****es messaging and saying yer avatar is hot, the odd ****s.

Takes all sorts for this world, doesnt it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Little Acorn

I have a really girly name on xbox, and anyhow the other day was playing online and my boyfriend was playing as my guest.
    At the start of game whilst waiting for the countdown,this english dude on the other team just started laying in to me,saying that I had the gayest name ever,and that his team were going to beat us so bad.
    All his other teammates joined in laughing at me.
    I didn't have mic plugged in so didn't respond.
    My boyfriend said"give me your controller" so we swapped.
    At the end of game the dickhead had a kill/death spread of 0
    My boyf had kill/death spread of +17.
    They still won by 1 kill,but I sent him a message saying (My +17 versus your 0...Enjoy your pie. :-) )

He sent me back a voice message whining like a prat saying,
    "yeah,well your team still lost so all your effort was for nothing you fing tit!"
    He was so annoyed,because he thought he had been beaten so badly by a "girly-girl"

I replied.
    "Don't worry,it was no effort "

Didn't hear back from him,can only hope that he got some slagging of his friends there with him.

I know it may be dishonest to have got my boyfriend to play on my name,and claim it was me.
    Dishonest,but very satisfying. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

Most of the time when myself and my girlfriend play online it's with a few mates in party-talk mode or online for Horde or similar co-op games. However I'll not forget the time she went online soon after I got my Xbox on her own playing Gears of War 1. She didn't know what to do as she'd only played a level or two of the campaign with me and hadn't played competitively online before. Recipe for disaster? Surely she'd be torn asunder as a noob?
    But no!
    Coupla lads talked to her the whole time about the controls, tips, tactics, etc. Giving her the whole rundown. Very patient, helpful people. :) Gave her the faith to play online a lot more! So it's not all bad on Live, but the abuse stories are much funnier.
    Like the one above - classic! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Little Acorn

Coupla lads talked to her the whole time about the controls, tips, tactics, etc. Giving her the whole rundown. Very patient, helpful people. Gave her the faith to play online a lot more!

Good to know that there are some nice people like them online aswell. :)

Good to know that there are some nice people like them online aswell. :)

Yeah it's really refreshing!
    The response from everybody on here about girls on xbox has been really great
    nice to know there are loads of guys that want more girls playing games!
    I'm glad I started this thread :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭RossFixxxed

I've met some very nice people on XBL, some of them are probably from here. I play online infrequently for fun only, i've 18k gamer points but from playing a lot of games casually, rather than being brilliant at any in particular..

XBL is full of arse holes TBH, there's about 20 idiots for the nice people. Many of them spend HOURS upon HOURS doing nothing but play these games, and thus live their lives through them. That's why they get so annoyed etc if you beat them: they have NO other outlets in their life, no other victories or defeats to define them. And if they spend that long doing it, how many women are they going to meet? I'd say that's where a lot of the sleeze comes from.

Which sucks for a LOT of players like me. I had hoped the pro/amature/family/casual setting would affect where you play. As in one could set up games for fun causual games, and games for hard core dedicated players. I'm actually quite sick of squeaky teens killing me in games before I can even press the controller!

There should be more girls playing, in fact there should be more grannies, granddads, dads, etc playing, not just an elitist core of degenerate, sad shut ins.

I wouldn't want any girls on my xbox 360 - they might crush it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement