Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

a good excuse

• 30-09-2009 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭

bit of help here please.
    need a good excuse to get a match cancelled this weekend. half our player are completely f*cked through injuries in the last match, they were so dirty. anyway need an excuse but dont want to say there is a funeral..anyone got something that will work? thanks in advance

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

One of the lads is geting married and all the team is invited

EDIT, unless its young lads then something about Swine flu

They were at a wedding and 5 of thm got swine flu. Genius.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Why not just tell them the truth?

If your players are injured then that's understandable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Your new away kit makes it hard for your players to see each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Johnny86

ill prob end up making a mess of this on the phone and just say there was 5 weddings and one person got swine flu..its a good one tho, think i might go for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

stovelid wrote: »
    Your new away kit makes it hard for your players to see each other.

Or you could say that someone switched your usual jersey's for the Newcastle away jersey and that your team mates are now blind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Johnny86 wrote: »
    bit of help here please.
    need a good excuse to get a match cancelled this weekend. half our player are completely f*cked through injuries in the last match, they were so dirty. anyway need an excuse but dont want to say there is a funeral..anyone got something that will work? thanks in advance

I didn't know Harry Redknapp posted on boards. "Bare bones" etc.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

A death is the best one to use. A players brother idealy who you's are were good friends with as well so that's why everyone has to go. People will be a lot less inclined to keep over a fuss when a death is involved as they'll want to avoid looking like huge *****.

flahavaj wrote: »
    I didn't know Harry Redknapp posted on boards. "Bare bones" etc.:pac:

I'd like to think of myself in more of the Joe Kinnear role..all f-ing and blinding

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

bit of help here please.

Dig up your own pitch?
    Why not just tell them the truth?

If your players are injured then that's understandable

That would probably make the opposition more persistent to play the fixture.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 840 ✭✭✭micks

bit of help here please.
    Involved with a club and some of the sh1t we've been told includes funerals, weddings, surprise 21st,stags, pitch un-playable.............

TBH the one that works most is being honest and asking for a favuor very few teams will not oblige but obviously its taking a chance

If you're the home team - I recently heard of a team not marking the pitch completely and ref refused to play game.
    or you could break the cross bar!

Well i told the other team that its was injuries and that we couldnt field a team...he advised to tell a funeral or something to the fixtures secretary because he wont accept injuries..i used the funeral thing before to get one cancelled so was hoping to use something else

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Just play the match like.

What league?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

Serie A

Say you fell on a knife. Who would question that? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

I'd like to think of myself in more of the Joe Kinnear role..all f-ing and blinding

Yea and I'm pretty sure Harry would be spending his free time on the betfair forum instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

The groundsman had to unexpectedly leave for the week with no prior notice, so the pitch is unplayable, unmarked, goals aren't up, etc. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Tomthepost

CHD wrote: »
    What league?

Originally Posted by Johnny86
    Does anyone have the 'Target' pull out from last Tuedays star?

i need to see what the fixture is for Bolton street wanderers for this weekend?

Its division 3b of UCFL...(thinks its p.58)

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

CCFL game was called off last weekend due to an apparent outbreak of swineflu in Edenderry!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭Leixlip_Red

Can't use any of the pitch excuses because the UCFL makes you play away as your "home" fixture.

Advertisement