Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What was Your Fav Story line in Stargate SG1/Atlaintis???

Options
  • 30-09-2009 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭

I have to say my favorite story line was the one with the Replicators in SG1. Im not really sure why. I also like the earlier ones with the Tok'Ra and the Goa'uld.

Which is your fav?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

The story of carter being taken as host by Jolinar of malksher her feelings twards martoof and how that side story became the 2 parter - jolinars memories an episode featuing the gouauld called Sokar and the rise of apophis

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

I love that story too!!! Martouf was such a great character!!! I was impressed with the writers and how, when the Goa'uld story lines ran out they invented new villians and characters to continue the Stargate Universe!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭Gareth-W-A

I enjoyed Moebius(1+2) a lot, partly because it gave the actors a chance to go in a different direction with their characters.
    Carter being non-military, Jackson reverting back to his bookish, fearful early seasons persona, and O'Neill's silly canadian acccent.

As for favorite storylines, i don't really have any preference, however the episodes i really enjoy the most are the ones that don't require a load of running, shooting, shouting and explosions!
    The episodes where the franchises great acting talent can really shine through.
    Some examples include S1E18, Solitudes; S4E06, Window of Opportunity; and in Atlantis, S2E14, Grace Under pressure.

Lifeboat is a great episode!!! I thought michael shanks was just fantastic!!!!Brilliant acting!!!

SarahBM wrote: »
    Lifeboat is a great episode!!! I thought michael shanks was just fantastic!!!!Brilliant acting!!!

...*slaps forehead*
    Can't believe i left out Lifeboat!

• Advertisement

Oh I just remembered the episode, i think its called Heros part 1 and 2 where there is a documentary crew at the SGC and a main character dies.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

The Ascen.

1969 was good episode!! Especially those funky sunglasses carter was wearing!!!!

Oh I just remembered the episode, i think its called Heros part 1 and 2 where there is a documentary crew at the SGC and a main character dies.

I really hated that episode!
    One of my least favorites.

Gareth-W-A wrote: »
    I really hated that episode!
    One of my least favorites.

Really? I thought it was brilliantly done!!! just my opinion though.

• Advertisement

Really? I thought it was brilliantly done!!! just my opinion though.

i think it was the very negative vibe in the episode.
    The SGC guys didn't like the camera crew being there, and the camera guy was an a-hole, and then doctor fraser died and it was depressing overall.
    Just my opinion as well.

The Ascen.

Ye 2010 is one of my most regularly watched episodes

but the way you were left wondering for the whole episode, who was it???
    It was a great piece of drama. Whats your fav episode?

Whats your fav episode?

It's hard to say...Moebius i'd say.
    But i think that perhaps 200 has the most 'rewatchability'.
    I could watch it over and over.
    Atlantis would have to be either The Shrine or Grace Under Pressure, purely because David Hewlett is such a great actor.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,350 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

User45701 wrote: »
    Ye 2010 is one of my most regularly watched episodes
    2010 was my First Episode.

Overheal wrote: »
    2010 was my First Episode.

Your No.1 fav episode or the first episode you watched?

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭greyed

Gareth-W-A wrote: »
    I enjoyed Moebius(1+2) a lot, partly because it gave the actors a chance to go in a different direction with their characters.
    Carter being non-military, Jackson reverting back to his bookish, fearful early seasons persona, and O'Neill's silly canadian acccent.

"Hello my name is Carlos, you make me so hot." :D ha

Replicator/Evil Carter seconded.

one of my fav episodes (coz i cant just pick one) is Window of Opertunity from season 3 I think. The scene in the commissary where jack draws the smiley face with the ketchup and mustard! Classic!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

window is id say most fans favourite ep in all of stargate, "in the middle of my back swing" and that smirk he threw carter at the end, priceless

in atlantis i allways loved McKay and Mrs Miller, the two hewletts play brilliantly off one another, and when she gave out to him about blowing up a solar system, or when she calls him meridith, sheppards face:D, i think i might go watch that now actually:D

I havent really got a fav atlantis episode. I havent watched it over and over like I have with SG1. McKay episode that sticks out is the one where he is trapped in the jumper at the bottom of the ocean with an imaginary Carter. I cant remember the name of it.

• Advertisement

i liked season 1 of SGA's be all my sins remembered but we are talking about episodes now - the topic is fav storyline/plot

so in SGA for me it would have to be that wraith guy - not steve the other one - or was it steve?

greyed wrote: »
    "Hello my name is Carlos, you make me so hot." .

There's a signature if ever i saw one!:D

Sorry I know I started the thread saying storyline but then I got to thinking about my fav eps too.
    I loved the Replicator storyline in SGA too

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

so in SGA for me it would have to be that wraith guy - not steve the other one - or was it steve?

Todd? Michael?

todd - thanks

which one was steve? oh ye season 1?

wasnt there a bob in there somewhere too?

Your No.1 fav episode or the first episode you watched?
    The first episode I ever flipped on.
    one of my fav episodes (coz i cant just pick one) is Window of Opertunity from season 3 I think. The scene in the commissary where jack draws the smiley face with the ketchup and mustard! Classic!!!
    Im pretty sure WoP is the all round Fan Favorite actually. Not sure where youd find that statistic - but its probably gonna be lying around gateworld somewhere.

wacko!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Any of the episodes with Baals over the top super villian acting

• Advertisement

wacko!!!!
    normal_sg1_406_634.JPG

omg,
    "I had to get Fruit Loops cleared [by the company that makes them], and so the guy calls me back and says, 'Well how do you feel about Eggo Waffles? Would you consider using Eggo Waffles instead of Fruit Loops?' So I go to these guys [the writing department] and ask, 'How do you feel about waffles?' And they're like, 'No! It's Fruit Loops! It's a time loop! No!' Waffle sales were down." (Script coordinator Cath-Anne Ambrose, in an interview with the Stargate SG-1 Explorer Unit newsletter)

:pac:

Advertisement