Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philly Cheesecake Brownies

Options
  • 30-09-2009 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭

Not sure if this has been mentioned here before, but this was in a magazine and me and my girlfriend made them before and they were gorgeous. :D

(sorry it's a little bit torn , but it dosent take away too much information)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

mmmmmm, have had cheesecake brownies before but never made them. There's something so more-ish about the little swirl of slightly sour cheesecake goodness mixed in with the brownie goodness. Will give these a go soon!

On another note, dulche de leche brownies, also amazing. Made these a while back and they are good. Very good indeed. (although the cooking time here is out I think, the first batch I made were very dry and only for my boyfriend is a chocolate addict they would mostly have gone in the bin, second batch cooked for less time and watched them like a hawk so got them perfectly fudgy)

http://www.davidlebovitz.com/archives/2006/06/dulce_de_leche.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Magic Monkey

Avoca have a similar recipe - chocolate brownie layer on the bottom, cheesecake layer on top, and studded with fresh raspberries, but any tart berry would do.

Another variation on the dulce de leche brownies is coconut dulce de leche: Dissolve 160g light brown sugar with a 400g tin of coconut milk over medium heat, bring to the boil then simmer, stirring ocasionally, for about 20mins or until reduced and becomes thick and caramel-brown in colour. You can also add chopped banana or fresh mango into the batter as well, or toasted coconut on top.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Avoca have a similar recipe - chocolate brownie layer on the bottom, cheesecake layer on top, and studded with fresh raspberries, but any tart berry would do.

Yeah, I've made these... They. Are. AMAZING! Real crowd pleaser.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭missmatty

I made that too, but had to leave it in for ages longer to get the cheesecake bit to set properly and then i think the brownie part was overdone. Very evil and too rich for me but went down a treat at work :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

missmatty wrote: »
    I made that too, but had to leave it in for ages longer to get the cheesecake bit to set properly and then i think the brownie part was overdone. Very evil and too rich for me but went down a treat at work :D

Yeah, trying to get the top to set correctly is a bit tricky... oh lord, I'm droooling thinking about them!

• Advertisement
Advertisement