Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power failure...

Options
  • 30-09-2009 9:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭

A major fault it seems...

I'm sitting here in the dark and it's beginning to get rather tiresome.

No restoration time yet, tho it did flicker on there momentarily.

I'm also getting rather tired of the burglar alarms :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭ukgalwaymcguire

you have my sympathy, we had a spate of thoose this time last year,
    out came the candles and monopoly lol
    hope it comes on soon for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

And its back!!! Still 2 hours tho :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭TheCosmicFrog

Where do you live? I'm here in Newcastle and almost our entire estate was out bar a few streets. I just caught the last hour of it. I was in town for the first hour. Eventually gave up waiting to cook something in the oven so I ordered pizza from Four Star. Power came on several seconds later. Timing fail...

Seems majority of Newcastle and Taylors hill area were out; must have been a big fault; the linesmen will be busy tonight methinks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Timing fail...

Pizza win!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭hairyfairy00

Most of Westside was out, i was just putting on the kettle to heat my baby's bottle when it went. Had a load of those battery powered night lights around the house so they came in handy, passed the time watching Zoolander on the laptop :D
    The bangers have been non stop today and before the power went there were a few really loud ones that went off, wondering if they blew the transformer with them, it's been done before!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Most of Westside was out

Peasants

:pac:

Westside was out too? En route to Dunnes and in the 'shopping centre' area itself a lot of places seemed to have power!

I was just glad it came back on tbh; was starting to get worried about Mr Razz' aquarium....power failures are not good where that's concerned :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

I love the laidback attitude to life in the west. There was a powercut this week in Dublin 15 (Blanchardstown area) and the most used word in the thread was "nightmare".

Fair play to ye, a power cut is a minor inconvenience. A bit like when the telly went off in the simsons, the kids had to find something to do like go out and play.

Well I grew up in a very exposed part of the country where in the wintertime powercuts happened a lot, and the ESB were nowhere near as efficient at dealing with failures then as they are now.

In a city, you know they're going to do what they can to get things sorted as soon as they can, but generally a big outage like that usually means a big problem to fix so it's reasonable to be cognisant of that fact.

So no, it wasn't a 'nightmare', more a bit of a pain in the arse tbh, but sure we lived, and we'll live, and there are far worse things that could happen :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭TheCosmicFrog

trad wrote: »
    I love the laidback attitude to life in the west. There was a powercut this week in Dublin 15 (Blanchardstown area) and the most used word in the thread was "nightmare".

Fair play to ye, a power cut is a minor inconvenience. A bit like when the telly went off in the simsons, the kids had to find something to do like go out and play.

That's why I love Galway.

*power cuts out*

"Ah bollocks to it, let's go out for a pint!"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭hairyfairy00

Westside was out too? En route to Dunnes and in the 'shopping centre' area itself a lot of places seemed to have power!

I was just glad it came back on tbh; was starting to get worried about Mr Razz' aquarium....power failures are not good where that's concerned :)

Dunnes have their own generator so thats why they had power and i think estates like Corrib Park and Camillaun Park are on the hospital line so they rarely go out. Us peasants in Gaelcarraig and Inishannagh Pk were in the dark though :p

Advertisement